test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

470 posts in this topic

Mr. Play-it-safe. I don't know if it is a lack of confidence but he is far, far from being a quality addition or having an impact from the bench. Our midfield options, apart from Kante, are very limited. The club needs to address this as well as other positions. And there are many of those.

Mufassir08 and kellzfresh like this

21 minutes ago, milan.cech said:

Mr. Play-it-safe. I don't know if it is a lack of confidence but he is far, far from being a quality addition or having an impact from the bench. Our midfield options, apart from Kante, are very limited. The club needs to address this as well as other positions. And there are many of those.

He is just good to have for the HG quota. 

30 minutes ago, Fernando said:

He is just good to have for the HG quota. 

dont need him for HG

he has had his shot, and unless he really steps up in next 5 months

he needs to GO

3 hours ago, milan.cech said:

Again, like Jorginhos situation sort of. Its fair to say hes struggling at times with the lack of movement infront of him but sometimes he is safe when you want him to take a risk yes. Sarri has said our movement can improve and we can attack the box better though so he obviously realizes this. Not related to Ross but noa, Hazard as a 9 is a non option for me, drops far too deep in central areas in the middle of the pitch which is already congested, takes too many touches like all our attackers, rarely in the box because hes that deep to get involved. A 9 would boost this team a lot.

kc_blue likes this

10 hours ago, milan.cech said:

7 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Again, like Jorginhos situation sort of. Its fair to say hes struggling at times with the lack of movement infront of him but sometimes he is safe when you want him to take a risk yes. Sarri has said our movement can improve and we can attack the box better though so he obviously realizes this. Not related to Ross but noa, Hazard as a 9 is a non option for me, drops far too deep in central areas in the middle of the pitch which is already congested, takes too many touches like all our attackers, rarely in the box because hes that deep to get involved. A 9 would boost this team a lot.

Feel like part of the problem is down to the rigid tactical instruction. Even Kovacic rarely takes risks when he plays in that position and notice how Kante in the RCM position is the one that always has the freedom to make those off the ball runs and attack the opposition box. We rarely ever see that from the left side.

Ross Barkley is running out of chances at Chelsea

https://www.footballfancast.com/premier-league/chelsea/ross-barkley-is-running-out-of-chances-at-chelsea

Ross Barkley looked like a man possessed at the start of the season as he begun to stake a claim in the starting XI upon the arrival of Maurizio Sarri; the former Everton man had previously looked unlikely to show anything more than glimpses of what we knew he was capable of during his time at Goodison Park.

Under new management, the 25-year-old seemed to have found a new lease of life – particularly during October, where he scored and teed up three in as many games – however he has been unable to carry that form further and has neither netted or assisted since.

The England international’s poor form was compounded by his recent performance against London rivals, Spurs, in the Carabao Cup semi-final – Chelsea were edged out by the Lilywhites but the 1-0 scoreline was not necessarily a representation of how the game played out, in particular for Barkley.

Sarri’s midfield three are highly contested roles in his team as the Italian has a variety of options to choose from but is very clear about what he demands from each.

The manager’s refusal to deploy N’golo Kante in a holding midfield role is testament to his determination – some may call it stubbornness – to ensure his tactics and ideals are executed on the pitch.

World Cup winner Kante seems to understand what is required of him in his new, more advanced role and was one of the best players on the park on Tuesday but the same cannot be said of Barkley, who was deservedly substituted for his poor showing.

ross-barkley

snip

Unionjack likes this

Hes coming across like magnolia paint right now

Hes got the same touch of apathy the rest of the lads seem to have. But we have seen that he can do better and thats the reason peeps get mad. It would be different if he was always crap.

Johnnyeye likes this

3 hours ago, Unionjack said:

Hes coming across like magnolia paint right now

Hes got the same touch of apathy the rest of the lads seem to have. But we have seen that he can do better and thats the reason peeps get mad. It would be different if he was always crap.

Tbf its hardly like anybody bar Kante and Luiz are playing reslly well anyway.

Suppose since Ross is like Alonso and Willian, considered below average by folk on here he has a huge task on his hands convincing anybody, as do those 2. Jorginho kind of falling into that bracket but the usual untouchable getting away with average performances for a while now. Fair enough he can do better but if someones going to tell me hes the only one then they should open their eyes.

Johnnyeye and Unionjack like this

12 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Tbf its hardly like anybody bar Kante and Luiz are playing reslly well anyway.

Suppose since Ross is like Alonso and Willian, considered below average by folk on here he has a huge task on his hands convincing anybody, as do those 2. Jorginho kind of falling into that bracket but the usual untouchable getting away with average performances for a while now. Fair enough he can do better but if someones going to tell me hes the only one then they should open their eyes.

Oh no mate not by far!

And as for Barkley Ive been one of his biggest supporters and still not given up hope completely on him. Its just it puzzles me greatly how he can go thru a very good period back down to having no real ooomph.

I was all for trying him as RW for awhile - I just dunno whats best. But Shirly you must want an upgrade for that position. I think its a priority after striker even with all of our CM players

Its not easy to understand just why we can go from playing as well and tight as that 2nd half v Shitty to how we play alot of time now. If anyone had an answer they could make a lot of money advising!

Johnnyeye likes this

I was looking forward to signing Ross way back when we were first linked with him. So much ability and talent to transition from middle of the park to the final third but always struck me as a 'head down' player. He most definitely has had good games with us, average games and very poor games so there ability is there, the attitude was always the question with him in my eyes. When he started this season playing like he did toward October and that little spell beyond I thought he's finally got it down but then I saw a photo of him out and about with Dele Ali at 4-5am in the morning... Now since then, its gone down hill, it may well be coincidence but at the start of the season and a few months after he was lean, looked like he could play 180 minutes and beyond. I was talking to a friend who is a Liverpool supporter and he said that Ross was very well known around the club circuit, drinks, women, you name it... Even got a black eye for thinking he could mess around with someone's woman.

I hope the above isn't why it has gone down hill for him, he really doesn't need to be getting dragged into that. I really hope he turns it around for us.

Unionjack and manpe like this

58 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

17 times Kovacic has been subbed for Barkley

this alone is shocking. Subs are one of the few ways a manage rcan influence a running game. Picking substitutes in a predictable way, gives the opposition manager to opportunity to prepare no only for the probable starting line-up but also of how the manager will influence the game later on. Add to that same tatics, same formation, same inability to cross or shoot and everyone knows how to stop us.

Unionjack and Dazzy_Vance like this

Chelsea fans accuse Ross Barkley of playing too many backwards passes vs Tottenham

https://www.givemesport.com/1446671-chelsea-fans-accuse-ross-barkley-of-playing-too-many-backwards-passes-vs-tottenham?autoplay=on

Another player i feel that could play in the "jorgy"role , just like Kante i feel like Ross is not used to playing on the side of a midfield 3 , under Sarri hopefully he will keep improving and stay fit!

21 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Looks unfit to me, he could hardly run after HT.

What happened to him, he was the fittest guy in the squad after pre-season

One year after his arrival at Chelsea, are we any closer to knowing what Ross Barkley will become?

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/01/30/one-year-arrival-chelsea-closer-knowing-ross-barkley-will-become/

October looked like the start of something good, but niggling injuries etc and he went backwards again(dosn't look as fit or mobile as he was)

In October 3 goals and 3 assists in 200min. Nominated for player of the month. Don't know what happened to him after??  Maybe London nightlife is too much to handle.