Ross Barkley

milllz

Anyone see Ross' performance against QPR in a deeper role? He was fantastic. Honestly would love him at the club, would give Oscar a massive run for his money.

If we were going to sign another midfielder it'd be him for me.

Hes been very very inconsistent this season in comparison to last which I think shows he isn't at that level to be a Chelsea player... yet. He still needs time, he could give Oscar a run for his money but Oscar is much much better in terms of decisions and his final ball seems more consistent than Barkleys right now.

I've seen Isco's name floated about this thread and other ones recently and I'm not gonna lie, he would be some signing.

still think he's very different from Oscar as characteristics go.

I like Barkley very much, but they've played nobody today.

QPR stars Robert Green and Richard Dunne.... :cry: How do they play in the PL is beyond me...

Yeah, he's different for sure but he does have the attributes to perform Oscar's role in the team in his own way.

Whilst it was only QPR, his performance was still very good.

Hes been very very inconsistent this season in comparison to last which I think shows he isn't at that level to be a Chelsea player... yet. He still needs time, he could give Oscar a run for his money but Oscar is much much better in terms of decisions and his final ball seems more consistent than Barkleys right now.

I've seen Isco's name floated about this thread and other ones recently and I'm not gonna lie, he would be some signing.

Barkley's just came back from a lengthy lay off, he's done well to play himself into form but yeah, his main problem as it is with most young players is inconsistency but that's normal. I actually don't think Oscar's final ball is that much more consistent than Barkley's even though he has improved. Barkley is already a bigger threat in the final third IMO.

Barkley's just came back from a lengthy lay off, he's done well to play himself into form but yeah, his main problem as it is with most young players is inconsistency but that's normal. I actually don't think Oscar's final ball is that much more consistent than Barkley's even though he has improved. Barkley is already a bigger threat in the final third IMO.

Na I think the same as what Bir_CFC just posted, he does force it, making wrong decisions too often. Oscar's is a bit inconsistent still too but he makes the right choices more often than not. I think Oscar's a superior player in terms of his all round game and in the final third Oscar is better.

• 2 weeks later...
I recognize that I am totally enthralled by the spectacular football of Ross Barkley. He is absolutely amazing. I think he has a very similiar to Fabregas mentality, respecting the distances. When Barkley plays you know who is the leader of his team. I followed him all this season and I think if we have to make an effort by someone in January this effort has to be by Ross Barkley. If we put in the same center of the field Matic - Ross Barkley - Fabregas - Oscar we could improve our total team qualifying.

In addition he is from England, which would help us with the minimum quota of players born in England, and he can also play in Champions. The only problem is the price, but Everton not very well now and we we could benefit from that situation. How much money do you think he can cost ?.

With him we would have a perfect partner of Fabregas and a good backup when Fabregas need to rest. Also bring us something we need such as long distance shots.

I put four videos of Ross Barkley of four games he has played in the last two months. I hope your comments.

Will be a top player in the future. You think we could buy him to be part of our midfield trio and start playing Oscar on the right wing?

His price this January would be around 30m-35m IMO. Could be funded partially by the sale of Andre.....

The kid also has good shot and would give us real threat from distances.

Edit. I think Barkley could play on the right wing as well. Offers pace and power and is a tall kid which would mean that using Ivanovic on the rightback would not be necessary. He is very much two footed so he could cut inside from the wing and take the shot with his left. What do you guys think?

Why? Having an young Englishman as a regular would IMO improve the chances of other English players to be included as well.

Why should it improve anything?

Barkley would just get their position.

4-3-3

Cesc-Barkley

------Matic

BU:Ramires,Mikel and Oscar

No place for RLC or Baker.They would just get loaned out,maybe they play very good,come back again with a lot of hope,Mou does not play them and they will get sold because Barkley at that time would be already a part of the squad,so it is hard to win that battle.

After one or two seasons,Chelsea will have lose a part of their identification because Terry will not be in the starting line up anymore,so no former youth team player in the Chelsea starting line up,which would be really sad,at least for me.

Investing millions in an academy,producing good talents and then to buy players for millions of pounds,instead of giving the produced talents a chance is just wrong.

Will be a top player in the future. You think we could buy him to be part of our midfield trio and start playing Oscar on the right wing?

His price this January would be around 30m-35m IMO. Could be funded partially by the sale of Andre.....

The kid also has good shot and would give us real threat from distances.

Edit. I think Barkley could play on the right wing as well. Offers pace and power and is a tall kid which would mean that using Ivanovic on the rightback would not be necessary. He is very much two footed so he could cut inside from the wing and take the shot with his left. What do you guys think?

I agree with that Barkley could play on our right side, allowing us to keep oscar in central attacking midfielder. He can play coupled to one side and could be perfect to form a perfect center field with much physical strength and intelligence. Besides our players play with great mobility and rotate their positions frequently. Oscar and Barkley could swap their positions many times according to the timing of the match.

I think we could play with this team.

Fabregas - Matic

Ross Barkley - Oscar - Hazard

Diego

I also think that 30-35 million would be a more than fair price.

If Barkley comes,RLC and Baker can say goodbye to their Chelsea career

I think, respecting all opinions, with players like Baker and especially Ruben Loftus-Cheek what both they and we need is very calm and patience. Baker still only 19 years old and Ruben Loftus-Cheek is still younger and has 18 years, they are two children. If fichasemos Ross Barkley, who is 21, is already a star with a great present and an enormous future. His signing would give the necessary calm both Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek to develop as players without the pressure of having to play in our first team. We have to remember if Courtois, he left Chelsea with 19 years as a child and thanks to time, patience and experience acquired by Courtois back 22 years he was a man, the best goalkeeper in the world. If we give calmness and patience to Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek their future will be much better for us. Go faster with young players only leads to jeopardize their careers.

Meanwhile, in that 3-4 years Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek make their personal and professional development, we may have to Ross Barkley in our midfield creating a Dream Team with Matic - Fabregas - Oscar.

Why should it improve anything?

Barkley would just get their position.

4-3-3

Cesc-Barkley

------Matic

BU:Ramires,Mikel and Oscar

No place for RLC or Baker.They would just get loaned out,maybe they play very good,come back again with a lot of hope,Mou does not play them and they will get sold because Barkley at that time would be already a part of the squad,so it is hard to win that battle.

After one or two seasons,Chelsea will have lose a part of their identification because Terry will not be in the starting line up anymore,so no former youth team player in the Chelsea starting line up,which would be really sad,at least for me.

Investing millions in an academy,producing good talents and then to buy players for millions of pounds,instead of giving the produced talents a chance is just wrong.

I fully understand your position. But we also have to recognize that players like Courtois Matic are our successes and our policy of young players. Also Oscar when he arrived at Chelsea was just a kid and now is a star.

Respect Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek there are very good chances. They train every day with Mourinho and the first team. But there are also quite good loan opportunities that could give many minutes in teams with good philosophies. For example, Middlesbrough FC whose coach is Aitor Karanka, assistant coach and assistant to Mourinho at Real Madrid, and his philosophy is similar to that of Mourinho, or he pretends that. If they rise to the Premier League we would come well lend our good young players and they can play more than 35 games in the Premier League. There is also the possibility of providing players the Spanish team Real Sociedad whose coach is David Moyes loans and is asking players in the Premier League. If our young players end up at Real Sociedad they could play in the Spanish league as in his day did Courtois.

The loan can be a good solution to repeat the miracle of Courtois. I also want to see them becoming our young football stars.

I fully understand your position. But we also have to recognize that players like Courtois Matic are our successes and our policy of young players. Also Oscar when he arrived at Chelsea was just a kid and now is a star.

Respect Baker and Ruben Loftus-Cheek there are very good chances. They train every day with Mourinho and the first team. But there are also quite good loan opportunities that could give many minutes in teams with good philosophies. For example, Middlesbrough FC whose coach is Aitor Karanka, assistant coach and assistant to Mourinho at Real Madrid, and his philosophy is similar to that of Mourinho, or he pretends that. If they rise to the Premier League we would come well lend our good young players and they can play more than 35 games in the Premier League. There is also the possibility of providing players the Spanish team Real Sociedad whose coach is David Moyes loans and is asking players in the Premier League. If our young players end up at Real Sociedad they could play in the Spanish league as in his day did Courtois.

The loan can be a good solution to repeat the miracle of Courtois. I also want to see them becoming our young football stars.

I respect your opinion,too.

I think that if we loan them out and we buy Barkley,they will have a problem after 3 years of loan because Barkley will already be a part of the starting line and it is hard to replace a player,who has already made good appearences for the club.

Also,loaning out players is a way to develop players but is it the most succesful one?KDB did not make it,even though he destroyed the Bundesliga(he started to destroy the Bundesliga again),There was just one successful loan and that was Courtois.He made it because he was the best in the world and he kicked us out in the CL.

Chalobah had one great season at Watford,had a very good pre season and Mou decided to loan him out to another club and this loan destroyed his developtment.

RLC and Baker could easily end in the same path as Chalobah.The coaches do not have to play the loaned out player because some of them think about the long term situation of the club and long term wise,giving a loaned out player a chance is not thinking in the long term.Using him as a squad player like Mönchengladbach does itwith Thorgan makes sense.The only clubs that will give our players a chance are Vitesse and Besiktas and those leagues that they are playing are not even close to the PL.

Matic made it here because there was no similar player at Chelsea and he did not have even a to fight for his place because there was no other player,who could compete for that role because noone was able to play the Makelele role apart from Matic.He had it really easy,while RLC and Baker will struggle fighting with Barkley because he would be an integral part of Chelsea.Mou is not even a coach that changes that much.He plays Iva,even if he plays 5 bad games in a row.He knows that Iva can be a big player when he needs him.Mou is not a coach who risks that much.That is way he did not give our youth team players a chance.He does not want to take that huge risk and nothing is wrong with that.Guardiola for example knows that he has less pressure than others and gives Gaudino a lot of playtime.

You also talked about them being kids.Yeah,they are kids,but Messi,Ronaldo,Rooney etc. were also kids they played at top clubs.If we had Messi,we would loan him out three times and then,if he really impresses at those loans,maybe we will give him a chance.Even KDB did not make it,which is quite funny because he is much better than Schürrle.

We had the chance to give RLC some minutes against Sporting and we did not give him these minutes.We could have given some minutes to Boga and Boga has some potential to become a great player.Why not give him at least a little bit of experience.I do not think that one CC match will destroy his career,even if he plays bad.Even Messi plays sometimes bad.That is normal.

Some people in this forum said that even our worst players are better than Boga.Even if Boga is that bad,can he realy peform worse than Schürrle yesterday?Do you know how difficult it is to play worse than that?I do not say that Boga should have played yesterday,but he could have already made a debut this season Why did we buy Salah?Is it so difficult to give Boga a chance?Could not Boga play that kind of role?

Chelsea always find a way to not integrate a youth team player.Maybe it is our phylosophy to not give a youth team player a chance.Barcelona,Bayern and other great clubs have the aim to produce great talents and then to give these players a chance.

Chelseas last product was Terry and maybe he will be our last product for the next 10 years,which is quite ridicilous.

I respect your opinion,too.

I think that if we loan them out and we buy Barkley,they will have a problem after 3 years of loan because Barkley will already be a part of the starting line and it is hard to replace a player,who has already made good appearences for the club.

Also,loaning out players is a way to develop players but is it the most succesful one?KDB did not make it,even though he destroyed the Bundesliga(he started to destroy the Bundesliga again),There was just one successful loan and that was Courtois.He made it because he was the best in the world and he kicked us out in the CL.

Chalobah had one great season at Watford,had a very good pre season and Mou decided to loan him out to another club and this loan destroyed his developtment.

RLC and Baker could easily end in the same path as Chalobah.The coaches do not have to play the loaned out player because some of them think about the long term situation of the club and long term wise,giving a loaned out player a chance is not thinking in the long term.Using him as a squad player like Mönchengladbach does itwith Thorgan makes sense.The only clubs that will give our players a chance are Vitesse and Besiktas and those leagues that they are playing are not even close to the PL.

Matic made it here because there was no similar player at Chelsea and he did not have even a to fight for his place because there was no other player,who could compete for that role because noone was able to play the Makelele role apart from Matic.He had it really easy,while RLC and Baker will struggle fighting with Barkley because he would be an integral part of Chelsea.Mou is not even a coach that changes that much.He plays Iva,even if he plays 5 bad games in a row.He knows that Iva can be a big player when he needs him.Mou is not a coach who risks that much.That is way he did not give our youth team players a chance.He does not want to take that huge risk and nothing is wrong with that.Guardiola for example knows that he has less pressure than others and gives Gaudino a lot of playtime.

You also talked about them being kids.Yeah,they are kids,but Messi,Ronaldo,Rooney etc. were also kids they played at top clubs.If we had Messi,we would loan him out three times and then,if he really impresses at those loans,maybe we will give him a chance.Even KDB did not make it,which is quite funny because he is much better than Schürrle.

We had the chance to give RLC some minutes against Sporting and we did not give him these minutes.We could have given some minutes to Boga and Boga has some potential to become a great player.Why not give him at least a little bit of experience.I do not think that one CC match will destroy his career,even if he plays bad.Even Messi plays sometimes bad.That is normal.

Some people in this forum said that even our worst players are better than Boga.Even if Boga is that bad,can he realy peform worse than Schürrle yesterday?Do you know how difficult it is to play worse than that?I do not say that Boga should have played yesterday,but he could have already made a debut this season Why did we buy Salah?Is it so difficult to give Boga a chance?Could not Boga play that kind of role?

Chelsea always find a way to not integrate a youth team player.Maybe it is our phylosophy to not give a youth team player a chance.Barcelona,Bayern and other great clubs have the aim to produce great talents and then to give these players a chance.

Chelseas last product was Terry and maybe he will be our last product for the next 10 years,which is quite ridicilous.

This theme is very interesting for us to debate. I think it is quite interesting that although we have different opinions, we continue debating in this way, we all want the best for Chelsea.

I think we have very good young players, both in the Academy as in loan operations, in fact, believe That this generation of our young players can end with several young players in our first team. But we have to give them patience, calm and go step by step.

It is very interesting to discuss this. I think it's very important to look at the age of our young players. Baker (19), Ruben Loftus-Cheek (18), Boga (17) or Solanke (17) all of them do not even have 20 years. I think we have patience with them is the best way for their careers because they are young boys whose heads are still not ready for a team with Chelsea level. Now Chelsea is one of the best teams in the world, now we are struggling to get The Quadruple, and the level of demand is maximum. An error can now make a career of a player and much more if that player is very young. In many games FA Cup or Carling Cup many fans ask for young guys but, what would happen if a mistake of a young boy like Baker, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Boga or Solanke commit a fault and take away our ability The Quadruple ?. People would kill them (professionally) and their young minds would not support that big pressure. I think that's why I think we have to be so careful with young guys, if we charge them so much pressure on them can interrupt the normal development of them as players. John Terry also had a loan, but John Terry is and was a genius, and not all players are John and they don't have that mental toughness.

I think the young guys have to go step by step. If we are patient is likely to give us success in the future. Mourinho knows that. For example, when he made his debut at Ruben Loftus-Cheek is true that the child only played 10 minutes, but he came out to the field without any pressure. So we were trying to finish the season without losing any game. If Jose Ruben Loftus-puts Cheek whole match against Sporting (team which was playing the classification) and we lose many people, not us, our enemies cuestionariar our privacy young Ruben Loftus-Cheek would assume a lot of unnecessary pressure. However, when playing only 10 minutes at a time with no pressure, fulltime Ruben went home with much self-confidence and the feeling of having responded well because it is easier to avoid mistakes in 10 minutes without pressure compared making mistakes in 90 minutes with the pressure of record invincible.

I think Ruben is an ideal in every aspect that has to be a footballer, but that day he had only 17, I think you better go giving his chance in the first step team. Rooney was first Everton, Ronaldo went to Manchester and its first three years need to engage and pool man was charged, and Messi made no more than 10 goals until three years after his debut. It is very difficult to get out of the Academy and play in the first team from a great club. That is only for players chosen as Messi.

I also hope that within 3 - 4 years young players like Baker, Ruben Loftus-Cheek or Solanke them this in our first team players and non Mikel, Salah or Schurre. But again, if they go step by step and train every day with Jose in the first team they will learn much in stride and I think it is better for them to learn from Jose and not go to another team just for money or more minutes. If you have them in our calm and I'm sure they and players like Nathan Ake Zouma or will be very important for us, but without going too fast, go fast in football is a mistake. If we look at the big players in the football world none of them were great players with less than 22 years. These guys of which we have spoken with patience and calm can be big players in the future when they have 22 years. Step by step, they would have much to learn and they are in the best place for improvement.

Regarding Ross Barkley to me he reminds me of the Blue, Frank Lampard legend. Lampard came to Chelsea with 23 years since West Ham United. Ross Barkley is 21 and has many features similar to Lampard. Lampard, though now plays in the City and I did not understand his decision, but he is our legend though he is not formed in our academy. Having a player like Barkley English is also important as what happened in your day with Lampard. I think Barkley is a special player to play in Premier League and I hope he plays with us.

But I agree that we have to give minutes minutes to our young players. Ojala Baker, Ruben Loftus-Cheek, Solanke, Nathan Ake Zouma or may be in the first team within 3-4 years playing every game.

Thank you for the debate, I think it is very interesting.

regards

• 3 months later...