Ross Barkley

milllz

Should stay at Everton for at least another year. Martinez is realy good coach and Barkley plays regular football there. Then we will see...

Maybe just buy him and loan him straight back for one/two seasons.

The problem is we have 5 young AM already, unless one does not work out there is no reason to buy barkley.

The problem is we have 5 young AM already, unless one does not work out there is no reason to buy barkley.

He's not/would not be playing attacking midfield for us. He'd be a box to box like Ramires or playing the Lampard role.

Would be an incredible summer if we got the two most promising English talents in Barkley and Shaw. Two English players out in Cole and Bertrand, two in in Barkley and Shaw. Barkley will almost certainly stay another year though.

If you guys remember during the summer on the last day or so of the transfer window José said he tried hard to sign a young English player but it proved to be impossible at that time. I'm thinking that since the Lukaku loan move came out of nowhere and no one was expecting it that we tried to include Barkley in the deal coming the other way but it was too late in the window for Everton to find a replacement.

He's not/would not be playing attacking midfield for us. He'd be a box to box like Ramires or playing the Lampard role.

Would be an incredible summer if we got the two most promising English talents in Barkley and Shaw. Two English players out in Cole and Bertrand, two in in Barkley and Shaw. Barkley will almost certainly stay another year though.

If you guys remember during the summer on the last day or so of the transfer window José said he tried hard to sign a young English player but it proved to be impossible at that time. I'm thinking that since the Lukaku loan move came out of nowhere and no one was expecting it that we tried to include Barkley in the deal coming the other way but it was too late in the window for Everton to find a replacement.

I am not sure about Barkley as pivot. His movement and dribbling is good but his passing is just ok and I'm not sure about his defensive skill.

Furthermore we need to develop him as pivot since I don't see any reason for Everton to play him as pivot.

I am not sure about Barkley as pivot. His movement and dribbling is good but his passing is just ok and I'm not sure about his defensive skill.

Furthermore we need to develop him as pivot since I don't see any reason for Everton to play him as pivot.

He played in a deeper role today against Arsenal and was running the show at times. He can definitely play there and has numerous times.

He's only 20 remember, so there's plenty of time for him to hone his skills. It's been the Chelsea policy lately to buy players in his mold. Would make a lot of sense, but he's such an integral part of that Everton side that I can't see it happening.

Barkley is quite different though, he is most importantly english and offers different qualities; strenght and possibility of playing deeper. We have plenty of AM players, but I think Oscar should have some competition. Lallana would be good aswell.

Im 100% against Barkley joining us in summer though, IF we buy him, he should go straight back on loan to Everton for at least 2 years.

Another thing is that Mou needs to finalise exactly what formation will we play in next years, who will also come in summer, who will go. If we buy top CM, then Barkley seriously wont have chance of getting into first 11 for next 5 years, unless he realy improves. Also what will happen with Ginkel, Piazon, T.Hazard, Romeu,...

Having Matic, Ramires, Barkley and another CM/DM ala Gundogan/Vidal in few years would be amazing. But at the moment, Barkley is no where the level of being our starter in CM position.

He played in a deeper role today against Arsenal and was running the show at times. He can definitely play there and has numerous times.

He's only 20 remember, so there's plenty of time for him to hone his skills. It's been the Chelsea policy lately to buy players in his mold. Would make a lot of sense, but he's such an integral part of that Everton side that I can't see it happening.

I only watched the last 20 minutes of the game and his positioning was quite advanced (just saw the lineup, it was a three man midfield, in that formation without question he can play for us but as pivot I am not sure

Barkley is quite different though, he is most importantly english and offers different qualities; strenght and possibility of playing deeper. We have plenty of AM players, but I think Oscar should have some competition. Lallana would be good aswell.

Im 100% against Barkley joining us in summer though, IF we buy him, he should go straight back on loan to Everton for at least 2 years.

Another thing is that Mou needs to finalise exactly what formation will we play in next years, who will also come in summer, who will go. If we buy top CM, then Barkley seriously wont have chance of getting into first 11 for next 5 years, unless he realy improves. Also what will happen with Ginkel, Piazon, T.Hazard, Romeu,...

Having Matic, Ramires, Barkley and another CM/DM ala Gundogan/Vidal in few years would be amazing. But at the moment, Barkley is no where the level of being our starter in CM position.

Oscar has Willian as his competitor, we have 5 young player for 3 positions (I think save to say 4 players for 2 positions because hazard will play almost all our games) that is enough or mata/kdb will happen again.

I am not sure about barkley as pivot, if he is groomed by Everton to be a midfield probably, but clearly he is going to play that no 10 position for Everton.

People need to stop thinking of Barkley as an AM. Almost positive his future lies further back as a #8. Think he'll be going head to head with Wilshere in the England setup in the middle of the park.

No because we need striker not an attacking midfielder. Plus, Romelu is worth much more, imo.

I wouldn't..........

Hell NO

Let me rephrase - if we got a WC striker in and Lukaku wasn't ready to accept a number two role here (just hypothetically) would you then do it?

I too see him as an #8.

We are basically playing 4-2-3-1:

-------------Striker-----------

Hazard --- Oscar -- Willian

-------Matic -- new player

--------Back Four-----------

---------Goalkeeper--------

The problem is...Barkley isn't experienced enough to sit deep and play alongside Matic...his best position seems to be as the most advanced midfielder.

Even at Everton, Barkley has the support of two deeper midfielders in terms of Barry and McCarthy.

If Everton are willing to sell, I'd much rather sign McCarthy instead of Barkley as Matic's new partner.