test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

8. Ross Barkley

Started by Jason,

308 posts in this topic

“The way we are playing, he can play like a No10, like a striker, on the right or on the left. Or, if we decide to play with three midfielders, he can play on the right or the left.”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/31/16954298/conte-urges-ross-barkley-to-start-thinking-on-the-pitch

I doubt we will ever see him in 2-man mid.

Supermonkey92 likes this

Is looking awful so far. I realized that apart from Kante our central midfield options are Barkley, Baka, Drinkwater and Cesc.. oh boy

Is looking awful so far. I realized that apart from Kante our central midfield options are Barkley, Baka, Drinkwater and Cesc.. oh boy
He's playing out of position for me. Playing at the top of a 5 man midfielder is where he is meant to play.

On 31/01/2018 at 0:56 PM, El P. said:

“The way we are playing, he can play like a No10, like a striker, on the right or on the left. Or, if we decide to play with three midfielders, he can play on the right or the left.”

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/1/31/16954298/conte-urges-ross-barkley-to-start-thinking-on-the-pitch

I doubt we will ever see him in 2-man mid.

I don't understand what he means by playing on the right or left in a midfield 3. The pivot? Wing-back?

2 hours ago, manpe said:

I don't understand what he means by playing on the right or left in a midfield 3. The pivot? Wing-back?

LWB ---------- LCM ------ RCM ------------ RWB

------------------------ DMF -------------------------

I guess this, LCM or RCM.

41 minutes ago, El P. said:

LWB ---------- LCM ------ RCM ------------ RWB

------------------------ DMF -------------------------

I guess this, LCM or RCM.

The 352 i know is

———————-cam———————-

lwb———ldm————rdm——-rwb

and i think conte meant he wanted him as cam and cam only But who gives a damn what Conte thinks. He is off in summer of maybe even after Barca. The thing is we thought Barkley would be more like a Lamprd who consistently puts defences under pressure with passes, movements and shots but barks is toothless when deployed in an attacking position. He is bot a regular scorer and not a great passer either. His movement in and ound the box is so predictable. He reminds me of young Schweinsteige, a player with goood technical ability but bo pace or venom or creative flair who was trier on the wings of no:10 when ultimately his best position was as an old Fashioned no 8

Couldn't make it up. Injury after injury for our squad this season. 

Maybe it's karma for having so few last year.

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Couldn't make it up. Injury after injury for our squad this season. 

Maybe it's karma for having so few last year.

That's not how karma is supposed to work. 😂

!Hazard!, Kieran. and 11Drogba like this

Well, hamstring injuries are usually not that lengthy are they.. Also Barkley looked like a strange element in our system anyway so he can use the time on the sidelines to study our tactic boards.

Tbf not surprised. Hes hardly played in 7 months and in the space of 3 weeks along with training hes played what like 140 minutes? Match fitness needed to be built up slowly but Willian's injury didnt help. 

On 2/4/2018 at 2:51 PM, Magic Lamps said:

Well, hamstring injuries are usually not that lengthy are they.. Also Barkley looked like a strange element in our system anyway so he can use the time on the sidelines to study our tactic boards.

hamstring injuries can be very sneaky... as in it's very difficult to know when it's time to return/up the workout. Recurring hamstring injuries in particular can be stubborn.

Considering the lack of options in CM, we need Ross to come back ASAP. Thinking next season, either he becomes a viable option for the CM position or we will need to go shopping and it's not going to be for just one CM.

On 23/05/2018 at 6:26 PM, akgw13 said:

I know he has had a rough start at Chelsea, coming off a massive injury into a toxic culture. If Sarri does come, Barkley could actually potentially become extremely useful. He is an uber athletic hard working player with talent and a nice shot on him. I envision him playing the Hamsik role of most attacking midfielder. Barkley/RLC both fit that role and they could really come good with the system and coach. To me its not fair to judge Barkley until he is fully healthy, his clock starts next year for me & I think Sarri could be a blessing for him

I'm open minded about him. If Sarri checks him out in pre season and likes him then it will do for me.

Sideshow Luiz likes this

Just been checking out his old Youtubes. I would like to think he might come good for us if hes given a chance and some confidence.

Also see he did a Panenka against Newcastle before Eden did

Stats likes this