Ross Barkley

milllz

I would love Barkley for the right price but I have a gut feeling that Jose doesn't fancy Lukaku or isn't happy with him forcing through a loan move this season, and can see a deal set up that involves Lukaku moving to Everton. Although I would much prefer cash + Moses (Wigan Connection)!

It would calm me down if we signed Barkley now that Mata is nearly United player but for several reasons, it wont happen.

Barkley needs regular play time. He wont get that here. Everton doesnt need to sell him. Even if they agree, price will be over 20mio. And we need to strenghten other areas first (Lb, st, cb).

In general, 20mio for our 4/5th choice player is way too much and Barkley would never agree to be 4/5th choice player. Ever.

But it would be nice to sign english player with such potential after all this shit with Mata to United...

It would calm me down if we signed Barkley now that Mata is nearly United player but for several reasons, it wont happen.

Barkley needs regular play time. He wont get that here. Everton doesnt need to sell him. Even if they agree, price will be over 20mio. And we need to strenghten other areas first (Lb, st, cb).

In general, 20mio for our 4/5th choice player is way too much and Barkley would never agree to be 4/5th choice player. Ever.

But it would be nice to sign english player with such potential after all this shit with Mata to United...

Barkley can play as box-to-box too. He will definitely get enough playing time. Can play when Ramires and/or Oscar having off days.

He has very good playmaking abilities, whenever I watched him, he was amazing with commanding Everton's attack. Something Mata, Oscar, Willian seem to struggle. He plays for the team, organizing attacks in very effective way.

But the main reason I like him is because he is english. Not many good english talent out there and we will lack some english quality as soon as Lamps, Cole and Terry retire.

My long term wish is that Caulker, Shaw and Barkley replace our legends, but that is a very long shot and will hardly come true due to all players we already have.

His playmaking skill is ok at best. Other than his physical gift, I really like his movement but definitely not his playmaking skill.

We'd destroy his development. Barkley is the first English player I've seen in a long time, probably since Rooney, who has the potential to actually be something special. Not jumped up little bastards like Walcott and Wilshere, who were the subjects of numerous media wankfests. This kid is a real talent and we'd only stifle him if he came here.

We'd destroy his development. Barkley is the first English player I've seen in a long time, probably since Rooney, who has the potential to actually be something special. Not jumped up little bastards like Walcott and Wilshere, who were the subjects of numerous media wankfests. This kid is a real talent and we'd only stifle him if he came here.

Exactly. When watching Lukaku, I always admire Barkley's way of playing. Technically very gifted too, but still has to learn a lot and when you arrive here, making errors while improving is deadly... Would love to see him as a chelsea player though.

I really like Barkley. I've followed him from 3-4 seasons ago. But this would be a very bad move for him. What we need is a backup AM who will only start cup games and the odd league games and make most of his appearance off the bench. Ross needs regular play time. Moving here would just kill his development. We need someone like Moses.

Can he play in deep midfield? If so then why the hell not, but if he's bought for the final third position to compete with Oscar... well, not a good idea for his career. England need a proper quality player or two, hell I wouldn't mind having a quality englishman, but is it good for him? Not convinced.

Can he play in deep midfield? If so then why the hell not, but if he's bought for the final third position to compete with Oscar... well, not a good idea for his career. England need a proper quality player or two, hell I wouldn't mind having a quality englishman, but is it good for him? Not convinced.

I think he plays best only when just behind the striker...in that sense, yeah I'm not convinced it would be a good move either...