Dujon Sterling

the wes

Sterling joined Chelsea in 2007 at under-8 level and made his under-19 debut in a UEFA Youth League fixture against Sporting CP in December 2014. Although, recently Sterling has been deployed as a wing-back, he has also been played as a winger or centre-forward and impressed during Chelsea's 2015–16 FA Youth Cup campaign, netting in both the semi-final and final. Following an impressive campaign, Sterling was promoted to the U23 squad for the 2016–17 season as a 16 year-old and became a key figure, featuring twenty-four times and scoring four goals. In October 2016, Sterling signed his first professional contract upon his 17th birthday.

On 20 September 2017, Sterling made his Chelsea debut during their EFL Cup tie against Nottingham Forest, replacing Davide Zappacosta during the 5–1 victory.

On ‎21‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:07 PM, the wes said:

Chelsea in talks with Bournemouth over January loan deal for teenage defender Dujon Sterling

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-5202115/Chelsea-talks-Bournemouth-Dujon-Sterling-loan.html

Always been a huge fan of him as he has power, pace and real genuine talent but a loan to a prem team seems a bit premature imo. He does have the physicality but not sure how ready he is to jump into PL football.

• 6 months later...
3 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Off to Coventry for the season

So much for rumours going to Bournemouth back in december.

This will be another pointless loan I think. Even if the players have superb season in championship or eredivisie, that means fuck all. The club still wont use them. Then its another loan and another loan etc. 

RLC was thrown in our first team, then loan to PL team. DeBruyne was loaned to buli.  Courtois and Christensen went straight into clubs from top leagues in germany and spain. Those 4 are only ones that either turned top players or still can. 

Baker had great season last year, but its all bust again. I dont see the point of these loans, should be small team in germany, spain, england, france...if they arent good enough for low table teams from 1st divisions by now, then maybe they never will be good enough for Chelsea. At least you test them to see their level. Loans to second tier clubs are waste of time in 90% of our cases.

3 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

This will be another pointless loan I think. Even if the players have superb season in championship or eredivisie, that means fuck all. The club still wont use them. Then its another loan and another loan etc. 

RLC was thrown in our first team, then loan to PL team. DeBruyne was loaned to buli.  Courtois and Christensen went straight into clubs from top leagues in germany and spain. Those 4 are only ones that either turned top players or still can. 

Baker had great season last year, but its all bust again. I dont see the point of these loans, should be small team in germany, spain, england, france...if they arent good enough for low table teams from 1st divisions by now, then maybe they never will be good enough for Chelsea. At least you test them to see their level. Loans to second tier clubs are waste of time in 90% of our cases.

You would expect us to try to put him a level up to where we thought he was to push him but I can only see this benefiting Coventry.

1 hour ago, BlueLyon said:

Ultimately game time in L1 is better than no game time elsewhere.

We can't force clubs to sign our kids and play them.

1 hour ago, Unionjack said:

Off to Coventry for the season. Wonder why there?

A strange one, but probably was helped by the fact that Adi Viveash is there who knows Sterling well form his time here working with the youth team. It is a little surprising however that Sterling has gone to a League 1 Club on loan while Reece James who plays more or less the same position has gone to a Championship team when I think Sterling is slightly the better player right now. Anyway, hopefully both players have successful loan spells. I am frustrated for Sterling as I believe he can play in the Championship. Defo has the physical attributes to play there and is very fast too.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
1 hour ago, ja1 said:

Has really turned it around since start of season it appears. 5 assists in 20 or so league appearances 

Nice ... Assuming the Watfords, the Bouremouths, the Evertons, and all the other mid table clubs are watching it ... We need to make money, baby!!! 

Didnt mention the big ones because that will come later ... 

• 5 months later...