test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Wilfried Zaha

Started by the wes,

207 posts in this topic
7 minutes ago, eemanyooel said:

Is he home grown?...

Apparently he rejected new palace offer and told his team mates he wants the move...

He is home grown.  This is why I'm kind of on his train instead of Bailey.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, eemanyooel said:

The club hell bent on him to fill the squad home grown quota...

I think we're okay for numbers.  But, it's good to have a HG player that actually contributes.  Cahill was a starter, but he's not going to be around much longer, and only from the bench anyway.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

I think we're okay for numbers.  But, it's good to have a HG player that actually contributes.  Cahill was a starter, but he's not going to be around much longer, and only from the bench anyway.  

If the move goes through...I will say we have a terrific transfer window...He is gonna be sensational under Sarri...

And I hope willian/martial swap...anyway one can dream..

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, !Hazard! said:

Could he play as a striker/false 9?

Zaha play a few times as striker for Palace last season 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Convinced he'd be a beast for us opposite Hazard. Opposing fullbacks getting roasted repeatedly on each flank. Fucking delicious.

Unfortunately, the thought of Palace selling their talismanic best player who carried them last season doesn't sound possible with mere days left in the window. Not like them getting mega money for him does them any good when a club like Palace can't attract someone else on his level. Would be like us and Hazard. No use having money sitting in the bank with no one to spend it on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, the wes said:

Zaha play a few times as striker for Palace last season 

It was his main position last year from all Ive read.

Only scored 9 goals tho. But with a pro active forward system them numbers should grow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

This probably has the most steam behind it since the Golovin rumours. 

He is a great player, and has obviously worked very hard on the things fans and he himself identified as weaknesses. On top of all that, he is strong, agile, quick, technically proficient and has an eye for goal. Like mentioned, he can play up front too. He can be that Mertens type potentially. 

People really underestimate the amount of good a dynamic player can do, even if they aren't that tactically aware. Well Zaha is, and has worked on that part a bunch. Would be a great signing, and a player like this would excel on a bigger team with better teammates. 

Unionjack likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, Thor said:

This probably has the most steam behind it since the Golovin rumours. 

He is a great player, and has obviously worked very hard on the things fans and he himself identified as weaknesses. On top of all that, he is strong, agile, quick, technically proficient and has an eye for goal. Like mentioned, he can play up front too. He can be that Mertens type potentially. 

People really underestimate the amount of good a dynamic player can do, even if they aren't that tactically aware. Well Zaha is, and has worked on that part a bunch. Would be a great signing, and a player like this would excel on a bigger team with better teammates. 

Its the £70mill pricetag thats the problem mate. Can you honestly see our board paying it? The only way would be to include a swap and I cant see any of our lads up for a move to them unless it was a loan.

WILF HUNT RAMPED UP

Chelsea ready another Wilfried Zaha bid after Crystal Palace rejected initial £30m offer

SunSport revealed this week that the Blues had attempted to land the Palace forward in a deal which involved Danny Drinkwater going the other way

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Zaha's contract runs till 2022. Who amongst you think this is even remotely possible? This is all the same window dressing that has gone on for the past 3 summers. We negotiate till the deadline then when the media latches onto propaganda and its out that we are after HUGE targets, end then go to the deadline and sign Drinkwater or Djilobodji. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

How old is he? Cho left zaha right in the future, two speedy wings with Eden central, works for me

He's 25 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, Hamilton said:

How old is he? Cho left zaha right in the future, two speedy wings with Eden central, works for me

Dont think peeps mean to play him as ST.

But where Barkley is playing as a ACM.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.