Aleksandr Golovin

the wes

• Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Seeing some posts that we don't need him. Yes we do need him, we really need someone with his dribbling ability, close control, and vision in midfield.

If we are going to sign this should happen soon, probably stating the obvious here. But the team returns to London, making it important to get this done and have him train for the next preseason game. 

Hmm. Live in one brilliant city (Monaco) but play in a shit league where you have no chance of winning and only in front of a crowd of a few thousand. Or live in another brilliant city (London) but in the best league where he can potentially be a part of something special.

I'm biased obviously, but a choice between Monaco and Chelsea should be extremely easy.

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm biased obviously, but a choice between Monaco and Chelsea should be extremely easy.

Maybe, but Monaco are still a good club with CL football to offer plus they have an undeniable record of developing young players and allowing the club to be used as a stepping stone to the elite teams.

If I was in Golovin's shoes I'd give that a serious consideration. If he comes to Chelsea there's a much bigger risk of ending up on the bench and never making it big time. 

30 minutes ago, Jype said:

Maybe, but Monaco are still a good club with CL football to offer plus they have an undeniable record of developing young players and allowing the club to be used as a stepping stone to the elite teams.

If I was in Golovin's shoes I'd give that a serious consideration. If he comes to Chelsea there's a much bigger risk of ending up on the bench and never making it big time. 

Meh i think Monaco development is overrated, they scout and sign a lot of great young players.

Keita Balde and Youri Tielemans were hot prospects a year ago, and they didn't really do anything to advance. 

20 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Meh i think Monaco development is overrated, they scout and sign a lot of great young players.

Keita Balde and Youri Tielemans were hot prospects a year ago, and they didn't really do anything to advance. 

Tielemans regressed, BUT he did play really well in the WC

Youri Tielemans dans les flops de la première partie de saison en Ligue 1

https://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1760/Ligue-1/article/detail/3331832/2017/12/22/Youri-Tielemans-dans-les-flops-de-la-premiere-partie-de-saison-en-Ligue-1.dhtml

0aa2595e2737633a30bb5db1d7f544e9.png

17 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Well they're still much better in that regard than Chelsea are, and Golovin would have a lot less competition for a starting place there. 

Coming from the Russian league to any of the European top leagues is always a huge step up in level and many before Golovin have failed to adapt, so he might be inclined to take the "easier" step now and if everything goes well, then in a year or two move somewhere else. And like I said Monaco have a history of allowing their players to do just that without much resistance so it wouldn't exactly be a bad choice for the player.

And either way be it through excellent scouting or developing from their own academy, they've still had young players like Mbappe, B. Silva, Martial, Lemar, Mendy, Fabinho, Bakayoko, Carrasco, Saint-Maximin, Kondogbia and Kurzawa in their ranks during last few years alone. Which other club can claim to have had a hand in developing so many good young players in recent years?

On 7/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jason said:

You don't necessarily need to 'agree' with the whole post to actually like it though.

Clutching at straws?

Why would anyone like a post if it is about their future and it's from a player close to that him as well? Would only add more fuel to fire unnecessarily if it was untrue. 

9 minutes ago, AK-3001 said:

Clutching at straws?

Why would anyone like a post if it is about their future and it's from a player close to that him as well? Would only add more fuel to fire unnecessarily if it was untrue. 

Just saying from a general social media user perspective.

But for the sake of the discussion, so what if it adds more fuel to the fire? Only the fans would really care. The player and whoever else are involved will just laugh it off, particularly if the player (or others) knows where he is going - whether it's to us or Monaco. Plus, there have been such instances in the past and the player never moved to the club in question. 

Just now, Jason said:

Just saying from a general social media user perspective.

But for the sake of the discussion, so what if it adds more fuel to the fire? Only the fans would really care. The player and whoever else are involved will just laugh it off, particularly if the player (or others) knows where he is going - whether it's to us or Monaco. 

Fair enough. 

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You