test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

Aleksandr Golovin

Started by the wes,

455 posts in this topic

Again... Not sure this is the best way to spend limited funds but at this point it looks destined to happen... Hoping this isn't another Zhirkov signing.

6 hours ago, Chelsea Legend 11 said:

Again... Not sure this is the best way to spend limited funds but at this point it looks destined to happen... Hoping this isn't another Zhirkov signing.

Hardly comparable. This guy is loads better technically.

11Drogba likes this

9 minutes ago, Strike said:

Sure? Zhirkov was great technically. The problem was he was injured too often and never really got a run of games as we had Asles cole in his position over him

5 hours ago, Strike said:

Wouldn't say hardly... 

From what I've seen I'm not over the moon with this guy.

Seeing some posts that we don't need him. Yes we do need him, we really need someone with his dribbling ability, close control, and vision in midfield.

If we are going to sign this should happen soon, probably stating the obvious here. But the team returns to London, making it important to get this done and have him train for the next preseason game. 

Hmm. Live in one brilliant city (Monaco) but play in a shit league where you have no chance of winning and only in front of a crowd of a few thousand. Or live in another brilliant city (London) but in the best league where he can potentially be a part of something special.

I'm biased obviously, but a choice between Monaco and Chelsea should be extremely easy.

lucio likes this

not that easy. where would he play more? what about wages? maybe he wants less pressure first time he plays in a bigger club

and i'd say monaco has as same odds as us for winning the title.

Supermonkey92 likes this

18 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I'm biased obviously, but a choice between Monaco and Chelsea should be extremely easy.

Maybe, but Monaco are still a good club with CL football to offer plus they have an undeniable record of developing young players and allowing the club to be used as a stepping stone to the elite teams.

If I was in Golovin's shoes I'd give that a serious consideration. If he comes to Chelsea there's a much bigger risk of ending up on the bench and never making it big time. 

My hunch is that he will sign for Chelsea, just seems so typical for our transfers to get stretched out. If he was signing for Monaco this would have been wrapped up already.

1chelsea likes this

30 minutes ago, Jype said:

Maybe, but Monaco are still a good club with CL football to offer plus they have an undeniable record of developing young players and allowing the club to be used as a stepping stone to the elite teams.

If I was in Golovin's shoes I'd give that a serious consideration. If he comes to Chelsea there's a much bigger risk of ending up on the bench and never making it big time. 

Meh i think Monaco development is overrated, they scout and sign a lot of great young players.

Keita Balde and Youri Tielemans were hot prospects a year ago, and they didn't really do anything to advance. 

20 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Meh i think Monaco development is overrated, they scout and sign a lot of great young players.

Keita Balde and Youri Tielemans were hot prospects a year ago, and they didn't really do anything to advance. 

Tielemans regressed, BUT he did play really well in the WC

Youri Tielemans dans les flops de la première partie de saison en Ligue 1

https://www.7sur7.be/7s7/fr/1760/Ligue-1/article/detail/3331832/2017/12/22/Youri-Tielemans-dans-les-flops-de-la-premiere-partie-de-saison-en-Ligue-1.dhtml

0aa2595e2737633a30bb5db1d7f544e9.png

17 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Well they're still much better in that regard than Chelsea are, and Golovin would have a lot less competition for a starting place there. 

Coming from the Russian league to any of the European top leagues is always a huge step up in level and many before Golovin have failed to adapt, so he might be inclined to take the "easier" step now and if everything goes well, then in a year or two move somewhere else. And like I said Monaco have a history of allowing their players to do just that without much resistance so it wouldn't exactly be a bad choice for the player.

And either way be it through excellent scouting or developing from their own academy, they've still had young players like Mbappe, B. Silva, Martial, Lemar, Mendy, Fabinho, Bakayoko, Carrasco, Saint-Maximin, Kondogbia and Kurzawa in their ranks during last few years alone. Which other club can claim to have had a hand in developing so many good young players in recent years?

Stats likes this

On 7/22/2018 at 9:38 AM, Jason said:

You don't necessarily need to 'agree' with the whole post to actually like it though.

Clutching at straws?

Why would anyone like a post if it is about their future and it's from a player close to that him as well? Would only add more fuel to fire unnecessarily if it was untrue.