test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
the wes

Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

226 posts in this topic
2 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

This is why stats dont really mean a thing. It doesn't even give peeps an idea of how good a player is.

It could be say if a player is said to be a good dribbler with a hogh %age. He might only dribble 5 feet before he runs into someone or loses the ball.

It may be better proof for someone who takes shots on goal tho..

That's not really true. Stats do mean something you just have to take the time to understand how they get them and then use your head when using them to argue your point.

That's where using multiple stats comes in. For example if someone were to claim a player only offers his dribbling people could then post that player's chance created stats and completely debunk that person's claim that the player in question is just a dribbler and nothing more.  ;)

Unionjack likes this

13 hours ago, the wes said:

I'm a fan of mount I just dont think he's ready for the PL I think needs to bulk up to be ready for the PL cause the PL physical league he's still in a boy's body lamps and RLC were build like men when they were 19 year old 

I mean Morata isn't small and he went down easy this season. A player will adapt to the physical demands of the league if needs be and some players are stronger than they look. Plenty players who aren't that physically strong but they cope well in the league. 

the wes likes this

I haven't watched Mason at Vitesse but this video makes me wish that I had. This is one of the most impressive highlight packages I've seen of a Chelsea youngster. It's not the number of spectacular things he does which are impressive, it's the number of ordinary things he does spectacularly well. When a player receives possession, nine times out of ten, the next thing he needs to do is something simple. Find a footballer who does those things exceptionally well on a consistent basis and you've got a player. Add the ability to do special things when the opportunity is there, and you have a player who is at the level where he can be considered for a place at Chelsea.

Most of the action shows Mason doing what I think is the very best that could be done in the situation, and only twice do I think he's shown doing less well than should have been expected. Those two clips obviously shouldn't have made the cut. :)

Tomo and 11Drogba like this

He seemingly had a wonderful year. he looks like he is gonna make it into the first team eventually. I think he will stay with us during the summer and impress, eventually going on loan to a PL or championship team. 

We need to give him a chance in first team. Reminds me of Zielinski if we compare it to Sarri's Napoli. Him and RLC could fight for that attacking midfield spot in midfield 3 with Kante as DM and new player alongside. 

On 15/06/2018 at 5:36 AM, jernej93 said:

We need to give him a chance in first team. Reminds me of Zielinski if we compare it to Sarri's Napoli. Him and RLC could fight for that attacking midfield spot in midfield 3 with Kante as DM and new player alongside. 

U forgot we have Barkley who could take one them attacking midfield spots aswell 

Increasing rumours of a Derby loan  (after he signs a new contract). I was initially very disappointed with this move, now I’m less disappointed but still not happy. It does make sense as rarely do we have this kind of 100% guarantee he will start every game and get the benefits of that but on the other hand, after a season Mount had I think we can afford to send him on a more high risk loan to a top 5 league. 

Plus it will be much easier for him to get used to his surroundings and just play football - I don't know how strong the teams are but I can imagine Frank's Derby pushing for promotion. That would be a good challenge for Mason, especially if he's starting most of the games, right?

I don't think sending players out on loans constantly is good for them... especially if they're going out to different countries each time. This is probably best for another topic but I do think it must be quite hard to have to live in a new area every season and to try and impress the boss, especially when they know you'll be off next year.

I would have thought that Sarri would have liked to give our youth potentials a looksee before any decisions were made of his future.

You would also have thought Zola would have had some sort of chat with him to fill him in with any lads with real potential.

Looks like he and Abraham will be staying in the first XI for this preseason.

Interesting to see where he can fit in since we are going to be flooded with midfielders with all the options we would have should we get every target.

Now there is even talk of signing Wilmar Barrios in January!

1 hour ago, Valdo said:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

So if we sign Golovin or another big name, his Chelsea career will be more or less over. I wanted to see him in the first team this season

2 hours ago, Valdo said:

Verstuurd vanaf mijn F5121 met Tapatalk

I'm sure lamps will teach him a few things How to become a better player 

Valdo likes this

Care Free Youth which has a massive twitter following said that Mount sat down and spoke with the club about their short & long term plans for the player. I hope they don't do the standard Vitesse --> Championship --> lower PL team route. I was personally hoping for a Bundesliga move for him. Lets hope the comfortable confines of Lampard/Morris have him rip up the championship then potentially come back next year and make a push for the first team. He posses the qualities that Sarri likes in players, which is why i find the timing of this loan confusing.

2 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Carlsberg...Probly the best loan direction this season under super frank