Mason Mount

the wes

I am going to stick my neck out on the line here. In two/three years time. I reckon a lot of people on here criticising Mount our going to have to eat a lot of humble pie. 

I find the discussions surrounding Mount atm are very reminiscent of those I had with people about SFL until he was 24. Not saying he is going to hit SFL heights as SFL put the after burners on at around 24/25, however I do think he will be a very good player long term for us. 

I am going to stick my neck out on the line here. In two/three years time. I reckon a lot of people on here criticising Mount our going to have to eat a lot of humble pie. 
I find the discussions surrounding Mount atm are very reminiscent of those I had with people about SFL until he was 24. Not saying he is going to hit SFL heights as SFL put the after burners on at around 24/25, however I do think he will be a very good player long term for us. 
Even Oscar showed more than Mount and Oscar was clearly not good enough for Chelsea. Just pressing is not good enough. He is maybe the most uncreative no. 10 in the PL with 2 real assists, even though he played the most games under Frank

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

44 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Even Oscar showed more than Mount and Oscar was clearly not good enough for Chelsea. Just pressing is not good enough. He is maybe the most uncreative no. 10 in the PL with 2 real assists, even though he played the most games under Frank

Hazard got 4 assists in 34 league games in 17/18, is he uncreative?

And no I'm not saying Mount is that good but if you want to start debates about creativity bring key passes/dribbles to the table, because that's a stat that doesn't rely on your teammate doing their job to go on record.

Hazard got 4 assists in 34 league games in 17/18, is he uncreative?
And no I'm not saying Mount is that good but if you want to start debates about creativity bring key passes/dribbles to the table, because that's a stat that doesn't rely on your teammate doing their job to go on record.
Yes, but Mount has shown that he almost never plays creative passes. Guys like Xavi and Iniesta have not the KDB level of assist stats, but you saw that Xavi and Iniesta play every game world class passes. You never see that with Mount or Jorgi.
Billy has more creativity than Mount, so has Lewis Bate. Will they ever be given the same treatment than Mount. Pretty sure not. Mount plays every game regardless of his form. Tammy has one had game, he gets slaughtered and Lampard benches him. Mount has had many bad games and Lampard never benches him. CHO plays good and Mount still is ahead of him. This is so unfair.

7 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Yes, but Mount has shown that he almost never plays creative passes. Guys like Xavi and Iniesta have not the KDB level of assist stats, but you saw that Xavi and Iniesta play every game world class passes. You never see that with Mount or Jorgi.
Billy has more creativity than Mount, so has Lewis Bate. Will they ever be given the same treatment than Mount. Pretty sure not. Mount plays every game regardless of his form. Tammy has one had game, he gets slaughtered and Lampard benches him. Mount has had many bad games and Lampard never benches him. CHO plays good and Mount still is ahead of him. This is so unfair.

Tammy was first choice pretty much the entire time till just before lockdown, and he only got dropped because he was injured and Oli hit arguably the best form of his career rendering him undroppable.

Hudson Odoi was starting after his return from injury and got dropped due to Pulisic reacting by having that purple patch. Then he was starting all the time in January/February until he got injured again. If you want to look for a scapegoat to CHO getting dropped, you should turn your attentions more to Willian.

Also Mount hasn't exactly been given the Torres 12/13 treatment as you're suggesting. He was sub for the last two CL group games, away to City, home to Arsenal, home to United, 2 out of our 4 games against Liverpool and hauled off at halftime twice since the restart.

38 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mount is not a creative player ... he is more about work rate and b2b (at times) who is good going forward decent while defending. Saying that he would do a Fabregas then that would be too much of an ask. I feel Mount only get to keep his place because he offers a superb work rate along with the uncanny pace which helps to switch from defense to attack and the off the ball press which is so important for Frank's plan. If we have anyone better then him I believe Mount would get replaced, 

2 hours ago, killer1257 said:

You do realise that Mount should really be a No.8/No.5 that has had to play out of position a lot of the time right? Further, at the start of the season he was 20 and only had experience of playing in Holland and the Champo. What exactly were you expecting? 

A good example for me with Mount is SFL who in his first season here got played out of position in RM/LM in a 442. 

Here are the stats for the two: 

SFL first season at Chelsea (aged 23) 

53 games, 7 goals, 2 assists 

Mount first season at Chelsea (aged 20/21) 

53 games, 8 goals, 6 assists

What I find most confusing is that you hammer Mount, then you give RLC a wide berth despite him always injured, having zero work rate off the ball and has only had one decent three month spell for us (last three months of last season) and is 3 years older. 

Mount is not a creative player ... he is more about work rate and b2b (at times) who is good going forward decent while defending. Saying that he would do a Fabregas then that would be too much of an ask. I feel Mount only get to keep his place because he offers a superb work rate along with the uncanny pace which helps to switch from defense to attack and the off the ball press which is so important for Frank's plan. If we have anyone better then him I believe Mount would get replaced, 
So basically he is a Oscar like I said

8 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

So basically he is a Oscar like I said

Oscar is Oscar and Mount is Mount ... Honestly not a big fan of comparisons because every player has something unique to offer despite having same attributes when compared... And if you have to compare why not compare with every player who has played in that position with similar attributes ... As a number 8 he can be compared with a 20 year old Lampard. 

1 hour ago, killer1257 said:

Mount is not creative, he probably won't ever be. Is that a problem? Nope, I thought we signed a creator from Ajax to do that for us and Pulisic can create, I think two creator in final 3rd is good enough. 

You do realise that Mount should really be a No.8/No.5 that has had to play out of position a lot of the time right? Further, at the start of the season he was 20 and only had experience of playing in Holland and the Champo. What exactly were you expecting? 
A good example for me with Mount is SFL who in his first season here got played out of position in RM/LM in a 442. 
Here are the stats for the two: 
SFL first season at Chelsea (aged 23) 
53 games, 7 goals, 2 assists 
Mount first season at Chelsea (aged 20/21) 
53 games, 8 goals, 6 assists
What I find most confusing is that you hammer Mount, then you give RLC a wide berth despite him always injured, having zero work rate off the ball and has only had one decent three month spell for us (last three months of last season) and is 3 years older. 

Mounts defensive contribution is so damn amazing.
One tackle won per game, 0.4 interceptions, 0.5 clearances per game.

Last season Ruben had 0.8 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions per game and 0.2 clearances per game. What a huge difference wow.

Kevin de Bruyne wins 1.3 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions and 0.7 clearances per game. Mason Mount is almost KDB level...

Mount is not even that good defensive wise what people want me to believe.

Mason Mount had 7 goals and 6 assists (4 of them were from set pieces) and he played 2900 minutes. Ruben scored 6 goals and had 2 assists in 1000 minutes in PL last season. I will not compare KDB with Mount from an offensive point of view lol. From winning aerial duels, Ruben wins almost 50% of his aerial duels, while Mount wins less than 20% of his duels. So Mount is no mastermind going forward and he is not a mastermind from a defensive point of view. You people make him out to be some sort of Arturo Vidal or Naingollan

4 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Mounts defensive contribution is so damn amazing.
One tackle won per game, 0.4 interceptions, 0.5 clearances per game.

Last season Ruben had 0.8 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions per game and 0.2 clearances per game. What a huge difference wow.

Kevin de Bruyne wins 1.3 tackles per game, 0.5 interceptions and 0.7 clearances per game. Mason Mount is almost KDB level...

Mount is not even that good defensive wise what people want me to believe.

Mason Mount had 7 goals and 6 assists (4 of them were from set pieces) and he played 2900 minutes. Ruben scored 6 goals and had 2 assists in 1000 minutes in PL last season. I will not compare KDB with Mount from an offensive point of view lol. From winning aerial duels, Ruben wins almost 50% of his aerial duels, while Mount wins less than 20% of his duels. So Mount is no mastermind going forward and he is not a mastermind from a defensive point of view. You people make him out to be some sort of Arturo Vidal or Naingollan

Is there a way to compare vidal and radja's stats at 20-21 to mount's. That would be a fair comparision I feel 

Is there a way to compare vidal and radja's stats at 20-21 to mount's. That would be a fair comparision I feel 

I was talking about prime Vidal, but you can compare 33 year old Vidal with Mount too.

Vidal scored 8 and assisted 2 goals. Mount scored 7 and assisted two without set pieces. Vidal wins 1.9 tackles, 0.5 interceptions and 0.4 clearances per game.

So he is not even better than 33 year old Vidal past his prime neither defensive wise nor offensive wise