test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

19. Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

1,032 posts in this topic
6 hours ago, Jason said:

The more I see Mount, the more I feel like he's gonna become the next Willian in the team.

A better comparison is Pedro. He won't be a shining star when the team is shit (a role Willian was really good at) but put him in a fully functioning team and he will be an unsung hero (like Pedro was for Barca, in 16/17 and to an extent under Sarri).

petre.ispirescu likes this

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

A better comparison is Pedro. He won't be a shining star when the team is shit (a role Willian was really good at) but put him in a fully functioning team and he will be an unsung hero (like Pedro was for Barca, in 16/17 and to an extent under Sarri).

Oh really? Mount can't be accused for the lack of effort but he becomes absolute braindead in the final third, just like Willian. Runs into blind alleys, makes poor decisions with the ball etc. 

killer1257, kellzfresh, 0007 and 1 other like this

8 minutes ago, Jason said:

Oh really? Mount can't be accused for the lack of effort but he becomes absolute braindead in the final third, just like Willian. Runs into blind alleys, makes poor decisions with the ball etc. 

Like Pedro Mount has more of an instinct to shoot compared to Willian but isn't on the same level as a ball carrier. Plus (again like Pedro) he's more intelligent with his pressing, Willian puts the effort in but he more ran around chasing the defender as opposed to pressing strategically like Pedro/Mount do.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

Like Pedro Mount has more of an instinct to shoot compared to Willian but isn't on the same level as a ball carrier. Plus (again like Pedro) he's more intelligent with his pressing, Willian puts the effort in but he more ran around chasing the defender as opposed to pressing strategically like Pedro/Mount do.

Mount has more of an instinct to shoot than Willian...sure, but how many times we saw last season that he would shoot from ridiculous angles or positions for example? 

My point about Mount-Willian is that they both work hard and can't be accused for the lack of effort but they become absolutely useless in the final third, when you need them to produce consistent quality. And no, showing the odd flashes here and there doesn't count. 

17 minutes ago, Jason said:

Mount has more of an instinct to shoot than Willian...sure, but how many times we saw last season that he would shoot from ridiculous angles or positions for example? 

My point about Mount-Willian is that they both work hard and can't be accused for the lack of effort but they become absolutely useless in the final third, when you need them to produce consistent quality. And no, showing the odd flashes here and there doesn't count. 

Mount at least is still just 21 and already producing better numbers than Willian. I don’t rate him Too much but if he stays on his trajectory he will become a very good player. 

2 minutes ago, Magic Lamps said:

Mount at least is still just 21 and already producing better numbers than Willian. I don’t rate him Too much but if he stays on his trajectory he will become a very good player. 

The numbers are one thing but I want to see him produce consistent quality in the final third. Right now, it feels as though he's just working/playing hard but not working/playing smart. 

killer1257 and kellzfresh like this

On 15/09/2020 at 9:33 PM, Jason said:

But my main point is, he has more in common with Pedro if we're going to force this comparison.

It could also explain why Lampard picked Willian as the experienced head up top when his two predecessor's preferred Pedro. 

On 9/15/2020 at 10:02 PM, Jason said:

The more I see Mount, the more I feel like he's gonna become the next Willian in the team.

*bump*

I have said this couple of times already and was the first noticing it. Oscar 2.0

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

23 minutes ago, Jason said:

*bump*

Backs up my point even more, these were the type of performances Pedro had when we were so out of it as a unit.

Willian would have been quite suited to today's game as we needed a ball carrier when Pool strangled us.

communicate likes this

3 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

You are becoming a hater now...

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Is it too late to join the club? :lol: 

Even before this, am pretty sure I said Mount is similar to Oscar at some point last season.

killer1257 likes this

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Backs up my point even more, these were the type of performances Pedro had when we were so out of it as a unit.

But what attacking attributes does Mount even have? Even when Pedro is shit, he can at least produce something or score a goal. Mount is just braindead going forward.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Willian would have been quite suited to today's game as we needed a ball carrier when Pool strangled us.

Can understand the reasoning but if we can't play out the press through passing and movement, then we are totally fucked.

kellzfresh likes this

9 minutes ago, Jason said:

But what attacking attributes does Mount even have? Even when Pedro is shit, he can at least produce something or score a goal. Mount is just braindead going forward.

Can understand the reasoning but if we can't play out the press through passing and movement, then we are totally fucked.

Not when we were poor he didn't. In 15/16 he didn't score a goal Vs a team above 15th I think and in 17/18 he got like four goals.

It was our well structured title team and to an extent Sarri's side that got the best out of him.