test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

19. Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

872 posts in this topic
5dee869d374fc_Marginaal2019-12-09193828.jpg.3a50b14e451970045b7408b005c97759.jpg
Maybe I did not make it clear enough in my Post. If you read my Post, you would see that I said that he is out of form couple of sentences before. That is why I said that he has no goal threat and no creativity. In Form Mount is another player with great attributes including goal threat.

But still I still do not rate in Form Mounts creativity.

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

2 minutes ago, killer1257 said:

Maybe I did not make it clear enough in my Post. If you read my Post, you would see that I said that he is out of form couple of sentences before. That is why I said that he has no goal threat and no creativity. In Form Mount is another player with great attributes including goal threat.

But still I still do not rate in Form Mounts creativity.

I see, but that Villa goal was only two games ago, should count for his current form. He is a threat albeit not a consistent one, he had a long dry spell.

killer1257 likes this

His performances have dipped ever since Barkley's been took out of the fold. 

Hopefully Conor Gallagher returns in January to pressure his place.

5 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Does Gallagher even play in the same position? 

11 minutes ago, Jason said:

Does Gallagher even play in the same position? 

From what I've seen at Charlton he can cover all over the midfield.

The main thing is he's an option is Mount doesn't buck his ideas up as right now his place is too safe.

Jason likes this

Just now, Tomo said:

From what I've seen at Charlton he can cover all over the midfield.

The main thing is he's an option is Mount doesn't buck his ideas up as right now his place is too safe.

I know Mount is still young but if that's the kind of mentality he has, then we will have big issues down the line. Some of the young players seem to have gotten a tad too comfortable after getting the recognition, new contract, NT call-up in last few months - Mount & CHO in particular. 

Just now, Jason said:

I know Mount is still young but if that's the kind of mentality he has, then we will have big issues down the line. Some of the young players seem to have gotten a tad too comfortable after getting the recognition, new contract, NT call-up in last few months - Mount & CHO in particular. 

I don't really think it's deliberate, it's a subconsciously happens with most players, even Lampard himself got a bit complacent at times (Carlos second season).

It's hard to truly push yourself if you don't really have the competition.

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

I don't really think it's deliberate, it's a subconsciously happens with most players, even Lampard himself got a bit complacent at times (Carlos second season).

It's hard to truly push yourself if you don't really have the competition.

Ancelotti's second season? Would argue that Lampard was already going over the hill back then. So, it's not a surprise if he had tailed off. A lot of the players did that season. Otherwise, he always maintained and up his level in his best years and years approaching that.

1 minute ago, Jason said:

Ancelotti's second season? Would argue that Lampard was already going over the hill back then. So, it's not a surprise if he had tailed off. A lot of the players did that season. Otherwise, he always maintained and up his level in his best years and years approaching that.

He was but even so, he improved from that season when he started being rotated more and knew he had to perform or he'd be shafted to the bench if not the stands.

Just now, Tomo said:

He was but even so, he improved from that season when he started being rotated more and knew he had to perform or he'd be shafted to the bench if not the stands.

Could be that. Or could be that his game time needed to be managed better to get more from him at that age, similar to what Fergie did with Giggs IIRC. 

17 hours ago, Tomo said:

I'll be surprised if that is the problem. I think Mount performance has been fine. Mount strength is on his energy, pressing and movement (his chance from Jorginho pass). His passing and ball control is just ok. So if you ask him to break down tough defense, he will struggle 

On 09/12/2019 at 8:15 PM, ZAPHOD2319 said:

I wonder if he is putting too much pressure on himself? He, at times, is rushed to get his shot off.

I think we as supporters are putting too much pressure on him based on how he started the season.

We have to remain patient with him, and based on yesterday he definitely shouldn't be benching Kovacic the clubs best player by a mile this season.

This is the Mount I want to see at Chelsea. Can't really say anything negative about him . Great Performance overall

Vesper likes this

I think it was as I thought before, him and Jorginho had a drop off in form. 

If they drop we all suffer. 

Let's hope with today's display his form is back. 

Vesper likes this