Mason Mount

the wes

21 hours ago, manpe said:

What do you mean?

17 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Wait... what? Why? Should he not celebrate scoring against Southampton like that (he is a Portsmouth fan)? If hes going to stick the ball in the back of the net and not do anything overly stupid he can crack on celebrating like that. Dont see the issue.

I mean the cupped ears. It's not how Mason means it, but to opposing fans it is provocative. I'd advise him not to invite the hassle. Celebrate of course but there's no sense in agitating the hard of thinking. If fans are giving him stick, and he's motivated to reply, then the goal has already done that loud and clear.

37 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

I mean the cupped ears. It's not how Mason means it, but to opposing fans it is provocative. I'd advise him not to invite the hassle. Celebrate of course but there's no sense in agitating the hard of thinking. If fans are giving him stick, and he's motivated to reply, then the goal has already done that loud and clear.

I don't see a problem at all. Seems like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Honestly how many players do this a season all across Europe in different leagues? Hundreds? Never seen or heard one complaint or worry about it anywhere until now. If you score a goal your more than likely going to provoke the opposition fans anyway in some way so I am guessing next he shouldnt score? Incase he provokes people? Honestly it just seems ridiculous. Its very tame compared to what he could do so for me, just seems very very weird to find an issue with him provoking opposition fans by cupping his ears... I mean sticking the ball in the net against the team you supports rivals must be very satisfying regardless of what level your playing at in regards to professional football so for me, honestly, he could run about doing 39 cartwheels for all I care (as long as he doesnt get injured doing them 😂). I mean footballers yes they are rolemodels but fucking hell they are people too who are allowed to express themselves. 

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

I don't see a problem at all. Seems like you are making a mountain out of a molehill. Honestly how many players do this a season all across Europe in different leagues?

If every fan was like me, and presumably you too, it wouldn't be a problem but I know that plenty of fans get agitated about this. I've seen Chelsea fans do it and many footballers criticised for doing it.. Tain't worth it Mason. Leave it out.

Hundreds?

Don't know where this number came from. I didn't mention a number but if I had, it would have been bigger.

Never seen or heard one complaint or worry about it anywhere until now.

You're kidding. Footballers know it's controversial. They often do it in an understated way because they know not to be too brash about it.

ts very tame compared to what he could do so for me, just seems very very weird to find an issue with him provoking opposition fans by cupping his ears.

I said there were a number reasons to avoid this celebration and this is another of them. Getting the home fans wound up is not helpful. And for what? Get out of the habit Mason.

I mean sticking the ball in the net against the team you supports rivals must be very satisfying regardless of what level your playing at in regards to professional football so for me, honestly, he could run about doing 39 cartwheels

Cartwheels fine, a gesture which is seen as a direct comment towards opposing fans is something footballers are trained to avoid. I expect Frank has already spoken to Mason about this. He is not a fan anymore. He is a part of the most highly scrutinised profession in our society. Unjustifiably so I'll grant you, but undeniably so all the same. Idiots surround this game. If Mason had sparked an incident he may have faced an FA charge.

I mean footballers yes they are rolemodels but fucking hell they are people too who are allowed to express themselves

Nope. They are not. There are norms, expectations, and regulations. If he wants to sod off to the park and play with his mates on a Sunday morning, he'd have more leeway but he doesn't want to do that. Moderating his behaviour is a part of the price he has to pay for having the third best job in the world.

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Cartwheels fine, a gesture which is seen as a direct comment towards opposing fans is something footballers are trained to avoid. I expect Frank has already spoken to Mason about this. He is not a fan anymore. He is a part of the most highly scrutinised profession in our society. Unjustifiably so I'll grant you, but undeniably so all the same. Idiots surround this game. If Mason had sparked an incident he may have faced an FA charge.

Mount has form on this score, he 'hushed' the Elland Road crowd after scoring their in the playoffs.

While i do agree with you in principal i can't say i wouldn't love it if he did something similar at Anfield or WHL (assuming we go on to win that is).

2 hours ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

If every fan was like me, and presumably you too, it wouldn't be a problem but I know that plenty of fans get agitated about this. I've seen Chelsea fans do it and many footballers criticised for doing it.. Tain't worth it Mason. Leave it out.

Don't know where this number came from. I didn't mention a number but if I had, it would have been bigger.

You're kidding. Footballers know it's controversial. They often do it in an understated way because they know not to be too brash about it.

I said there were a number reasons to avoid this celebration and this is another of them. Getting the home fans wound up is not helpful. And for what? Get out of the habit Mason.

Nope. They are not. There are norms, expectations, and regulations. If he wants to sod off to the park and play with his mates on a Sunday morning, he'd have more leeway but he doesn't want to do that. Moderating his behaviour is a part of the price he has to pay for having the third best job in the world.

Honestly dont see the fuss. When Eden did it vs West Ham last season after scoring that goal dont think anybody had brought up there being any issue? Did any media outlets? Any opposition managers? Anybody? 

Also I severely doubt Lampard will be that annoyed regarding something so small that he will have spoken to Mason about it. If he has had to then I would be very surprised.

Fuck me is football in this country getting even more softer than it already was or is? Cant cup your ear to opposition fans after scoring a goal... jesus christ, guess in another 10 years celebrations will just be wee high fives incase somebody somewhere gets offended. 

If he does it again I will not be giving one fuck regardless. As long as he keeps scoring, whatever works for him.

25 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Honestly dont see the fuss. When Eden did it vs West Ham last season after scoring that goal dont think anybody had brought up there being any issue? Did any media outlets? Any opposition managers? Anybody? 

Also I severely doubt Lampard will be that annoyed regarding something so small that he will have spoken to Mason about it. If he has had to then I would be very surprised.

Fuck me is football in this country getting even more softer than it already was or is? Cant cup your ear to opposition fans after scoring a goal... jesus christ, guess in another 10 years celebrations will just be wee high fives incase somebody somewhere gets offended. 

If he does it again I will not be giving one fuck regardless. As long as he keeps scoring, whatever works for him.

Ten years time they'll be no celebrations due to VAR turning everyone insanely paranoid.

Mitchell van Bergen has backed former Vitesse team-mate Mason Mount to eventually play for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/10/23/he-is-not-normal-vision-is-different-level-dutch-winger-on-20-year-old-chelsea-star/441095/

47 minutes ago, the wes said:

Mitchell van Bergen has backed former Vitesse team-mate Mason Mount to eventually play for Barcelona or Real Madrid.

http://www.insidefutbol.com/2019/10/23/he-is-not-normal-vision-is-different-level-dutch-winger-on-20-year-old-chelsea-star/441095/

FUCKING HELL!

Mount.

Better in tighter spaces, better fit in this fast tempo build up, and will likely turn out to be the better finisher. 

Not to mention Ruben's back issues which hold him back. That said, I'm sure Lampard will think of ways to incorporate both at the same time. 

1 hour ago, MoroccanBlue said:

Mount.

Better in tighter spaces, better fit in this fast tempo build up, and will likely turn out to be the better finisher. 

Not to mention Ruben's back issues which hold him back. That said, I'm sure Lampard will think of ways to incorporate both at the same time. 

A bit harsh on RLC, i feel. His finishing is brilliant, ball shielding and carrying 2nd to none in the squad. And will provide something which I feel we lack in the middle of the pitch: Physicality and Height. 

I do agree that Lamps will fit in both. Will be very interesting. 

What do you guys think? RLC in form from last season or Mount now? Who is better? I think both have qualities and I'm happy we have both but if I have to choose I would go with Ruben. 
RLC in Form is better. The physicality and the dribbling of RLC in tight spaces is something else. He also is faster and his physicality helps against the big teams. RLC was never a very Good goalscorer at youth level, but last Season he scored ten goals. I would also go for Ruben

Gesendet von meinem SM-G920F mit Tapatalk

On 10/23/2019 at 8:29 PM, the wes said:

fuck Barca and Real Madrid, Mount is ours and he's here to stay, i hate it when other players or pundits recommend our players to those clubs, its very disrespectful

12 hours ago, NikkiCFC said:

What do you guys think? RLC in form from last season or Mount now? Who is better? I think both have qualities and I'm happy we have both but if I have to choose I would go with Ruben. 

Both, along with Callum, still have a lot to prove. I think the media is assessing Mason as if he's further along currently than in fact he really is. Callum has shown his fabulous talent but more often than not he hasn't done much with it. Ruben maybe, maybe, was about to have a breakout before the injury but it is definitely still a maybe.

One of the most intelligent and industrious players in our team with his movement and energy. Just needs to be more consistent and pass the ball to his teammates feet instead of hitting passes into the stomach of teammates :lol: He did that quite a few times yesterday