Mason Mount

the wes

If he plays ahead of Ross for England, thoroughly deserved. Also when Ruben comes back, giving us another option, I really think Ross could be struggling for his place in the Chelsea squad yet alone England. Lot of inconsistent performances despite Sarri and Frank showing him a lot of faith. Will be interesting to see how Mason gets on if he starts.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

Nominated for the Golden Boy award.

Good confidence boost for him.to be nominated. Also a lot more deserved than Foden (one of the most overrated young players in Europe imo, hes decent but hes hardly at the level Pep seems to rant and rave about, which is even more ironic because once Silva leaves there he will more than likely sign a replacement,  especially if they dont win the PL) but can't see past Joao Felix or de Ligt for who actually wins it.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Good confidence boost for him.to be nominated. Also a lot more deserved than Foden (one of the most overrated young players in Europe imo, hes decent but hes hardly at the level Pep seems to rant and rave about, which is even more ironic because once Silva leaves there he will more than likely sign a replacement,  especially if they dont win the PL) but can't see past Joao Felix or de Ligt for who actually wins it.

I really have no idea why Foden is even on the list when he has barely played and done anything of note. If Foden has any ambition, he should really force a loan move at the very least. Other young English players are making an impact week in week out while he's just warming benches and hearing Guardiola rave about him over and over again but rarely play him.

2 hours ago, Jason said:

I really have no idea why Foden is even on the list when he has barely played and done anything of note. If Foden has any ambition, he should really force a loan move at the very least. Other young English players are making an impact week in week out while he's just warming benches and hearing Guardiola rave about him over and over again but rarely play him.

100% agree. I would rather put David Brooks in there instead of Foden. Foden might be very, very talented. However, he has done nothing of note in senior football.

15 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

100% agree. I would rather put David Brooks in there instead of Foden. Foden might be very, very talented. However, he has done nothing of note in senior football.

Theres being very talented and playing or being very talented and not playing.

Foden made 20 odd apperances last season but if you calculate the minutes, many of them were more than likely 10 mins at a time in games that were done other than FA cup games which makes the English medias favourite manager Guardiola's claims "he is the most talented player hes ever worked with" and "David Silva's heir or replacement" even more fucking laughable.

I mean for me, if he was good bad or whatever, he should of been off somewhere in the summer for a year of regular game time if thats the case. How much can you actually learn off someone like a Guardiola in the space of 4 seasons when youve only accumulated 39 games to put any of it into practice? Theres coaching someone yes but if they arent getting the minutes to apply it in a real match situation, then its difficult to completely justify it. 

If he was smart, he will be looking around at the likes of Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori, Reece James, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Connor Gallagher, Joe Willock, Eddie Nkeitah, Jay Dasilva, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jadon Sancho, Emile Smith Rowe along others who are in the u21s/have been with him and also the u17s who have gone out on loan and playes regularly/managed much more minutes at other clubs.

Its absolutely baffling because if City dont win the PL this season as well I imagine they will go and sign another midfield player or shift Bernardo Silva into David Silva's role (who I thought was originally going to be Silvas long term replacement under Pep....)

Pep is full of shit for me. He could easily play a young kid at CB from their u23s, Eric Garcia looks very promising, rated highly by Spain having been playing at u16s to u21s level, again Pep mentioned that he counts on him in January 2019 yet a good amount of months later they have an injury crisis and he uses Fernandinho.

3 hours ago, OneMoSalah said:

Theres being very talented and playing or being very talented and not playing.

Foden made 20 odd apperances last season but if you calculate the minutes, many of them were more than likely 10 mins at a time in games that were done other than FA cup games which makes the English medias favourite manager Guardiola's claims "he is the most talented player hes ever worked with" and "David Silva's heir or replacement" even more fucking laughable.

I mean for me, if he was good bad or whatever, he should of been off somewhere in the summer for a year of regular game time if thats the case. How much can you actually learn off someone like a Guardiola in the space of 4 seasons when youve only accumulated 39 games to put any of it into practice? Theres coaching someone yes but if they arent getting the minutes to apply it in a real match situation, then its difficult to completely justify it. 

If he was smart, he will be looking around at the likes of Mason Mount, Fikayo Tomori, Reece James, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Connor Gallagher, Joe Willock, Eddie Nkeitah, Jay Dasilva, Morgan Gibbs-White, Jadon Sancho, Emile Smith Rowe along others who are in the u21s/have been with him and also the u17s who have gone out on loan and playes regularly/managed much more minutes at other clubs.

Its absolutely baffling because if City dont win the PL this season as well I imagine they will go and sign another midfield player or shift Bernardo Silva into David Silva's role (who I thought was originally going to be Silvas long term replacement under Pep....)

Pep is full of shit for me. He could easily play a young kid at CB from their u23s, Eric Garcia looks very promising, rated highly by Spain having been playing at u16s to u21s level, again Pep mentioned that he counts on him in January 2019 yet a good amount of months later they have an injury crisis and he uses Fernandinho.

Agreed. Guardiola at City seems worse than Mourinho here. The treatment of Foden looks worse than Mous famed "academy day" :D

8 minutes ago, Yeboii said:

Agreed. Guardiola at City seems worse than Mourinho here. The treatment of Foden looks worse than Mous famed "academy day" :D

I mean for him to say "they wont sell him, not even for 500m euros" shows he rates him highly. Although if youve got a player who you publically said you wouldnt even sell for that fee then surely you play him? Regardless of age, nationality etc? It just baffles me.

We had repeatedly got stick or comments made from the English media and pundits for not brining through youngsters yet Pep says something like that and the majority of them seem to eat it up.... absolutely ridiculous. 

Agreed. Guardiola at City seems worse than Mourinho here. The treatment of Foden looks worse than Mous famed "academy day" [emoji3]
They are in title races. He want to keep him for depth. It happen to every manager who is in title races. I don't see klopp playing youngster.

21 minutes ago, communicate said:

They are in title races. He want to keep him for depth. It happen to every manager who is in title races. I don't see klopp playing youngster.

What depth? Guardiola would rather play square pegs in round holes before turning to Foden or other youngsters. 

15 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

He is just saying that in case they dont lose him like Sancho. But personaly he will never bring him into starting lineup. He will sooner spend another 200m on midfielders.

Sancho is twice the player he is too in terms of potential. 

Peps thing for youngsters is mad. Thiago Alcantara for example, at Barca he used him sparingly despite him being excellent. I dont get what Foden stands to gain sitting in the bench at City any longer this season.