test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

the wes

19. Mason Mount

Started by the wes,

564 posts in this topic

As long its not ligaments...

Fuck we have no luck with our youth. First Odoi, then RLC, then James, now Mount.

Piece of s**t Coquelin, with that horror tackle.

That ex goon idiot's head must still be spinning after Hazard left him rolling on his arse a few years ago.

manpe and milan.cech like this

3 hours ago, Blue Armour said:

Piece of s**t Coquelin, with that horror tackle.

That ex goon idiot's head must still be spinning after Hazard left him rolling on his arse a few years ago.

Not to mention the antics from Paulista. I wish we had for that specific moment Diego Costa back. He would make him pay, badly.

It is still shocking that there was no red card for the tackle. Absolutely shocking.

Blue Armour likes this

10 hours ago, MoroccanBlue said:

So Pedro or Willian for Liverpool. Great. 

Hope to God we will se Pulisic. Puly and Willy I want to see, Willian is in better form than Pedro, and Puly is more like Pedro, direct player who can be dangerous in front of goal so he compliments Willian.

35 minutes ago, El P. said:

Hope to God we will se Pulisic. Puly and Willy I want to see, Willian is in better form than Pedro, and Puly is more like Pedro, direct player who can be dangerous in front of goal so he compliments Willian.

You dont really wanna see Pulisic in a match like this....

1 hour ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

You mean the Pulisic who actually did well against Liverpool last month?

I know he hasn’t been great overall but why I do sense some sort of apprehension from you on Pulisic? :carlo: 

Fernando and Vesper like this

8 hours ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

bollocks

there is almost no way possible he would have (or could have) played worse than the turgid Pedro

why the hell would we drop £57m on a player and then against a Spanish club in major turmoil, we are not even going to trust him to play?

kellzfresh and killer1257 like this

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

bollocks

there is almost no way possible he would have (or could have) played worse than the turgid Pedro

why the hell would we drop £57m on a player and then against a Spanish club in major turmoil, we are not even going to trust him to play?

From Willian, Pedro and Pulisisc, I would prefer to use Pulisic because at least he has potential and has good decision making when he is in good form. Willian is just not good enough. Pedro can be decent when he scores goals

34 minutes ago, Vesper said:

Lampard's explanation on why Pulisic didn't play yesterday was peculiar to say the least.

Vesper likes this

On 18/09/2019 at 3:03 PM, Jason said:

Lampard's explanation on why Pulisic didn't play yesterday was peculiar to say the least.

What was his explanation?

3 minutes ago, Henrique said:

What was his explanation?

Said he used Pedro because of his CL experience, which is ironic considering he started 3 players without any CL experience to begin with. 

Robchels likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

Said he used Pedro because of his CL experience, which is ironic considering he started 3 players without any CL experience to begin with. 

Odd... And hasn’t pulisic played cL already?

pedro was really bad,  it he was coming back from injury, so hope he improves from that.

1 minute ago, Robchels said:

Odd... And hasn’t pulisic played cL already?

Has played 22 CL games or around there, which is more than Mount, Abraham and Tomori combined.

Robchels likes this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

I think the real reason is his performances haven't been good enough and Lampard is covering for him in the media.

I wanted him to come on purely because of the fact Willy and Pedro on together is an eyesore but I can certainly see why Pulisic has been taken out of the firing line. I have high hopes for him long term but apart from vs Liverpool (and Salzburg if we extend our assessment to pre season) he's been as raw as you can get so far and needs easing into things.

communicate and Robchels like this

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I think the real reason is his performances haven't been good enough and Lampard is covering for him in the media.

I wanted him to come on purely because of the fact Willy and Pedro on together is an eyesore but I can certainly see why Pulisic has been taken out of the firing line. I have high hopes for him long term but apart from vs Liverpool (and Salzburg if we extend our assessment to pre season) he's been as raw as you can get so far and needs easing into things.

If Lampard was covering for Pulisic, at least use the "it's a tactical decision" excuse or something along those lines. By saying it's a case of experience, he practically contradicted himself when he says he trusts the young players and then has people raising their eyebrow when they see Mount, Abraham and Tomori all started despite having no CL experience. 

Robchels likes this

37 minutes ago, Jason said:

If Lampard is covering for Pulisic, at least use the "it's a tactical decision" excuse or something along those lines. By saying it's a case of experience, he practically contradicted himself when he says he trusts the young players and then has people raising their eyebrow when they see Mount, Abraham and Tomori all started despite having no CL experience. 

Lampard's reasoning in this scenario isn't necessarily contradictory. In the case of Mount and Abraham, he clearly believes they are better players than the alternatives. With Tomori, there isn't another fit CB to play in his position. If Lampard believes Pulisic and Pedro are both equally good, then it would make sense to go with the more experienced player.

1 minute ago, Panic said:

Lampard's reasoning in this scenario isn't necessarily contradictory. In the case of Mount and Abraham, he clearly believes they are better players than the alternatives. With Tomori, there isn't another fit CB to play in his position. If Lampard believes Pulisic and Pedro are both equally good, then it would make sense to go with the more experienced player.

Using the experience factor in one scenario and then turn a blind eye on it in another sounds very contradicting. 

15 minutes ago, Jason said:

Using the experience factor in one scenario and then turn a blind eye on it in another sounds very contradicting. 

But it's not. Lampard's job is to play the best team possible for any given match. Who plays will be influenced by a variety of factors, but it's pretty safe to assume that individual skill plays a huge role in Lampard's decision making. In the case of Mount, it appears that Lampard believes that Mount is the best player available. The result? Mount plays. Now let's consider the case of Pedro or Pulisic replacing an injured Mount. If Lampard believes that Pulsic and Pedro are equal in ability, he has to use another factor to make his decision. In this scenario, it was experience.