• Drinkwater (sub)
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

• Replies 385
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Big Big Win……………….:D

1)  Clearly Fabregas is much better in forward role. Lets stick to Kante and Bakayako or Drinkwater in holding midfield

2) Kante was massive boost for the team. 

3)  I have been saying all along Matic is a mediocre player and never shows up in big game. Clearly Bakayako was better today and he is still young and in first season in EPL. In future he will get better. Contrary to media hype, Bakayako is an upgrade to Matic.

4)  Christensen must start ahead of Cahill. He was very good today.

5) From now to January we have the easiest games so hope we can keep this momentum going.

I'm so happy, I haven't seen any football in the last few weeks out of disappointment how our team are playing but watching that 2nd half. Absolute class loved each single player today even fucking Cahill. Take a bow if we play like this each week we might finish 2nd win the Cup which wouldn't be that bad. Also thank fuck we beat that smug cnut Mourinho, playing as pathetic as ever, providing once again why we got rid of that useless Matic and didn't buy Lukaku. I'm so fucking pumped and relieved we played like last season again. Get the fucking check in for January at least get a top class WB/CM/Winger. I loved Conte so much today, his balls were to big today for his pants, dropping Luiz and starting Christensen, beautiful. I love Andreas hope he will start each single game from now on, top class.

If you look at whole season now, Burnley loss wasnt that bad now, seeing they are doing brilliantly this season. 

Arsenal draw considering it was derby is acceptable. 

City loss, they are unbeatable atm so fair play. 

The only game we should win but didnt was Crystal palace, they are bottom and it was truly a fuck up. 

We won rest of matches in PL.

Of top teams, we generaly had good games against Atletico, United and Spurs and poor against City and Roma, not disaster either.

If we won palace too, we would be second with 23 points, only behind City who is on next level this year. 

Hardly saying we have shit season, bearing in mind we are probably progressing in CL too.  

Conte shouldnt be anywhere near the sacking if you connect these dots and take into consideration we didnt have as good summer business as Manchesters.

Also, media are twats.

18 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

I dont know why our lads can't provide this kind of performance week in week out?

Massive props to the lads and Conte.

Because either 

1.) They dont have motivation

2.) because they cant play against high pressing (lets be honest, even pressing palace gives us more trouble than sit back united or atletico)

Win vs united was good, but IMO unless we change someting, next week we could be shit if wba decide to press us.

Once we play comfortable against pressing opponent and win, I will feel great after victory. United win was nice, but they didnt realy challenge our weakness. Our performance doesnt depend as much on quality of opponent but more their style. 

1 hour ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

No idea what was said today but I’m a big fan of Gary Neville. He insightful and fair minded. The can’t always be said about us when it comes to Chelsea. 

The guy said nothing wrong tonight. He actually said we "bossed" the midfield and deserved the game. TBH I like him too

What a way to respond after that debacle in Rome. The whole team were fantastic. Fabregas ran the show. All those critics he got in the past week and he responded big time. MOTM he was awarded with. People were shitting themselves seeing him on the team. Completely dominated the game. Christensen was absolutely terrific too. I was worried about Lukaku up against him, however he had no problems at all and was so composed. Bakayoko was excellent too and that prob was his best game in a Chelsea shirt. Kante was such a huge bonus in that midfield too. Made a big difference and showed what we have been missing these past few weeks.

So glad Morata has got back to scoring ways also. He was brilliant today and your are not going to see a better header than that. I hate how pundits are talking about him going on this 6 games without scoring. One of those against City, he was only playing around half an hour because he got injured and one of those games included that cup game the other night against Everton where he only played around 10 minutes however they won't mention that to you as they just want to increase the pressure on him but he responded differently while Lukaku continues to struggle.

The media must of been waiting for us to lose today.... more unrest.. Luiz dropped.. Matic who Conte did not want to go had a stormer and Lukaku who Chelsea wanted all summer outshines Morata.. but NO. Give them a few more weeks to create more shit about us. Conte keeps reacting and have to give it to him. He made some big decisions and pulled it off.

OK, so what did we see today? We saw fight, what we also witnessed was how important Kante is to this side. Bakayoko was allowed to bully Herrera, Matic and the whole United side. Fabregas then sits into this puzzle, he is allowed by Kante to stop tackling and just go about and fulfil his role in what he does best, passing and creating. The knock on effect of this was allowing Hazard to operate a role which made him roam free across a line of United midfield and defence. 

This was a dominant performance from us, you won't read it in the press because they want to solely focus on Conte v Mourinho and the fight that never happened. We absolutely dominated this game, and yes, whilst United had their chances they were isolated ones and it was really all us. What we saw today was an aggressive Chelsea, not just an aggressive Chelsea but an aggressive Morata, I called him out last week because he needed to man up, today he did, he showed a side of himself we need to see more.

Not just Morata but we saw an overall aggressive performance, a side with the bit between our teeth and that's the reason we won. 

26 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

OK, so what did we see today? We saw fight, what we also witnessed was how important Kante is to this side. Bakayoko was allowed to bully Herrera, Matic and the whole United side. Fabregas then sits into this puzzle, he is allowed by Kante to stop tackling and just go about and fulfil his role in what he does best, passing and creating. The knock on effect of this was allowing Hazard to operate a role which made him roam free across a line of United midfield and defence. 

This was a dominant performance from us, you won't read it in the press because they want to solely focus on Conte v Mourinho and the fight that never happened. We absolutely dominated this game, and yes, whilst United had their chances they were isolated ones and it was really all us. What we saw today was an aggressive Chelsea, not just an aggressive Chelsea but an aggressive Morata, I called him out last week because he needed to man up, today he did, he showed a side of himself we need to see more.

Not just Morata but we saw an overall aggressive performance, a side with the bit between our teeth and that's the reason we won. 

Tbh we were brilliant against Atletico aswell.

The question is were we brilliant because we improved something or were we brilliant because united allowed us with their tactics.

Everyone knows we and Cesc can be quality if we have space and time. 

But the point is we have to improve when under pressure. 

The real victory will be when we beat opponent (be it united or someone else) when they press us and we still dominate. 

Results aside (they are not as bad as media says) we were outdone by watford and palace pressing. 

Cesc was great today, because he played well, we got Kante back and united allowed him time, but as soon they press us he will be his old self. As maybe whole chelsea.

Lets celebrate this victory today, but dont get ahead of ourselves, we did same against atletico and big chance is next time we face pressing team, we will be poor again. 

United did allow us, and it's Atletico's worst season really under Simeone I believe. Both performances are no measure of our quality; the games vs. Roma however, were.