test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

pHaRaOn

Andriy Shevchenko

Started by pHaRaOn,

70 posts in this topic

Don't think he was THAT bad for us, only was considered a flop due to the price tag IMO.

Having said that before his long lay off in Avram's season he was starting to look the part then his return at the end of the season he looked impressive too, why on earth was he not brought on in extra time in Moscow and Anelka was? Sheva's CL final experience could have been invaluable.

Given he was starting to show signs off his old self, i believe Scolari should have given him a chance, i still to this day think he would have been a hit if we gave him 08/09.

He surely would have had a better attitude to a sudden death penalty than Anelka's lazy fucking approach... He'd of buried his for sure.

Considering his terrible time here as a player, I'm not sure why he'd want to come back, but I'd personally love for him to.

Aside from when he played for us, he was one of the best strikers I've seen play. Simple.

Would be amazing to add him to our club again.

Maybe he'll finally get the hug he looked like he always needed....

Be a bit random to see him back but meh..hopfully work out better then play days

Andriy Shevchenko Announces Retirement

A legendary former Chlesea player has called it quits today. Granted, Andriy Shevchenko hardly lived up to legendary status at Stamford Bridge (apart from in the 'transfer flop' category, perhaps), but he was still once one of the premier strikers in all of Europe, once upon a time, and I still have fond memories of him as a player. I mean, who wasn't pretty pleased with this hit?

Anyway, Sheva's timing was pretty odd -- the 35-year-old, who'd been with Dynamo Kyiv since 2009, announced said retirement during the opening ceremony of the 2012 Olympics. Good work, Sheva. Apparently he's going to go into politics now that his football career is over. After some effort, I've determined the strategy his future campaign managers will use:

1339445461472.gif

Anyone else in Ukrainian politics ever cause that to happen? No, I didn't think so. Book him that seat in Parliament, yo.

PS: I don't think his time at Chelsea was anything like as bad as it's sometimes made out to be. Oh well.

Source: WAGNH

This explains his constant presence at our games:

Sam ‏@daspecial_1

It would appear that Andriy Shevchenko's continual presence at #CFC is because he's doing his coaching badges here with the club.

Not sure if that ignites or puts an end to the rumors that he will be offered some position at the club..

(PS: Why am I the only posting in this thread? Feels weird.)

laura90 and Muzchap like this

0:22 With Iva!

Yes! I noticed it that night. They must be incredible friends, the hug was so long! Even last season, when Ivan scored against Napoli I think, he dedicated the goal to Sheva. Lovely.

xPetrCechx likes this

The day I meet someone who dislikes Sheva is the day I get charged with assualt:

Torres take note: even though he flopped as hard you, he is loved almost universally by Chelsea fans. Food for thought.

I refute the notion Shevchenko flopped. Okay, he didn't score the goals anyone expected him to, but his work-rate was absolutely incredible, and I think he still scored 22 goals in something like 77 matches for us, which is a goal every 2.75 matches. Not actually that bad at all considering 21 of those appearances were off the bench. That translates to 22 in 51 starts.

I refute the notion Shevchenko flopped. Okay, he didn't score the goals anyone expected him to, but his work-rate was absolutely incredible, and I think he still scored 22 goals in something like 77 matches for us, which is a goal every 2.75 matches. Not actually that bad at all considering 21 of those appearances were off the bench. That translates to 22 in 51 starts.

I won't deny it..

I'm a straight hustla

Shevchenko has been impressed with what he’s seen of Chelsea overall and added: “Of course I keep up with what’s happening at Chelsea. I live in London and come to almost every game. My boys (he has three sons) come to the stadium and I am like a fan waiting for the new season to start.

“They look very strong. I think Chelsea will be very successful this season. All of the team has looked very good and I wish that they win all the trophies and play well.”

http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/football/former-chelsea-striker-andriy-shevchenko-targets-management-role-8751614.html

also revealed that he is studying for his coaching badges

xPetrCechx and Tomo like this