• Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Hazard
    • Morata
    • Rudiger (sub)
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

4 minutes ago, Jason said:

Not saying Conte hasn't made any faults but when you see this keep on happening - 10/11, 15/16 and now 16/17 - you start to wonder if it's more on the players. It feels like the players just can't be arsed for long after reaching the highs of winning the league.

15/16 was just unprecedented, we can't compare that to this in terms of shitness that season was on another galaxy. However the performances of late bar Atletico have been right out of the 10/11 textbook from the lethargy to the reapeated mistakes by the manager. Sure there is a problem with the players and board to a point, but they aren't making Cahill captain nor repeatedly picking him.

• Replies 255
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Irakozium257 said:

This game was a painful reminder of the 10-11 & 15-16 seasons. It's beyond words to fully express the disappointment at how we finally had a coach who could take us to new heights but he's been failed by a greedy, under-ambitious and non-passionated board. If Conte decided to throw his hands up and told the board and Roman to go fuck themselves I would understand him and wish him to never experience again this sort of shower of sh*te he's currently drowning in.  We're in this huge mess because of them. I looked at the overall squad and it had the feels of having the, quality-wise, size of Everton, Celtic or Tottenham before Pochettino rather than a truly big club.

I feel sorry for Conte. Some of you may want him sacked sonner or later if results keep going more or less south, but how about starting to harass those careless board members who are the fundamental culprits of us ending up in this sort of clusterfuck again?

if there is someone to blame its our inconpetent board, lack of ambition and support for our manager after winning the league, there is so much Conte can do

1 minute ago, Johnnyeye said:

Conte´s body language and the players says it all, there is clearly something going on behind the scenes, i wouldnt be surprised if so, it all started with the Costa situation... remember Eva Carneiro ? too much player power i fear

We scored three.
How many do we have to score ? 23 ?
The midfield was useless and also Bakayoko.
Roma for as long as they cared to play forward were creating dangers.
In the first half too they had chances. They were shooting the balls straight to Courtois arms but they found many shooting positions.

3 minutes ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

It's not the players. Half of them are not CFC calibre. It's the fucking board that missed out on all Conte's first choice targets for the 2nd season in a row. Stop blaming the players. What do you expect from a team that fields players with the quality of Alonso, Moses, Zappacosta and Cahill?  We won a championship but there's only so long you can get away with that. We're getting our wake up call now!

The board deserve their fair share of flak, but are they picking Cahill?

Just now, Tomo said:

15/16 was just unprecedented, we can't compare that to this in terms of shitness that season was on another galaxy. However the performances of late bar Atletico have been right out of the 10/11 textbook from the lethargy to the reapeated mistakes by the manager. Sure there is a problem with the players and board to a point, but they aren't making Cahill captain nor repeatedly picking him.

We have not been shit from the start like in 15/16 but the similarities are pretty much still there. Same shitness we saw and there's not even an ounce of competency of late in the last 3 games.

1 minute ago, Tomo said:

True that. Cahill and Alonso don't deserve the first class treatment he's giving them. I hate him for that. Especially Alonso, he's so goddamn useless that I pray for forgiveness for wishing him an injury because he's that bad. It's disgusting that he has that luxury of always being in the starting line-up.

Just now, Jason said:

We have not been shit from the start like in 15/16 but the similarities are pretty much still there. Same shitness we saw and there's not even an ounce of competency of late in the last 3 games.

15/16 we would have lose tonight and got washed away by City, not that im positive about the current predictament but we are still some way away from thing's being that bad.

3 minutes ago, Johnnyeye said:

if there is someone to blame its our inconpetent board, lack of ambition and support for our manager after winning the league, there is so much Conte can do

Exactly right. Mediocre players produce mediocre football and results. Many of our players are getting properly exposed now with a full calender of games this season. 

3 minutes ago, Tomo said:

The board deserve their fair share of flak, but are they picking Cahill?

That's part of the problem but if the board gave him Bonucci, Cahill won't be playing rn. Besides, we can't just blame Cahill alone for our terrible football. What about Alonso and Moses? You think Conte didn't want better? He wanted Alex Sandro and the other guy currently at Man City and our board gave him Zappa fucking Costa!

Just now, Tomo said:

15/16 we would have lose tonight and got washed away by City, not that im positive about the current predictament but we are still some way away from thing's being that bad.

We wouldn't have in 10/11? Forgotten the 3-0 loss to Sunderland, that 3-3 shambles against Villa or 1-0 reverse at Wolves?

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

Exactly right. Mediocre players produce mediocre football and results. Many of our players are getting properly exposed now with a full calender of games this season. 

That's part of the problem but if the board gave him Bonucci, Cahill won't be playing rn. Besides, we can't just blame Cahill alone for our terrible football. What about Alonso and Moses? You think Conte didn't want better? He wanted Alex Sandro and the other guy currently at Man City and our board gave him Zappa fucking Costa!

You can give Conte a pass for the wingbacks but he has perfectly suitable alternatives to Cahill yet keeps picking him. And our team are still better than what we have been producing most of this season. I really hope he turns this round but some of his decision making this season has been horrific, the board narrativecan only excuse him to a point.

You can give Conte a pass for the wingbacks but he has perfectly suitable alternatives to Cahill yet keeps picking him. And our team are still better than what we have been producing most of this season. I really hope he turns this round but some of his decision making this season has been horrific, the board narrativecan only excuse him to a point.

The problem is that the two wingback positions are absolutely crucial to Conte's football. If they don't perform, they cripple us a lot offensively especially with a 3-5-2. We have two midtable players currently occupying LWB and RWB position. So we can't expect much more than midtable results. I still have a lot of faith in Conte regardless of if we don't finish top4  this season. 

2 minutes ago, Jason said:

I don't know the context but that sounds like him questioning his players not his tactics which is worrying. It sounds like the Mourinho "I wish I could have made 11 substitutions" nonsense. Again our fucking board put this amazing man and manager in a position were he can barely compete on equal footing against Guardiola and Mourinho. 

1 minute ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

The problem is that the two wingback positions are absolutely crucial to Conte's football. If they don't perform, they cripple us a lot offensively especially with a 3-5-2. We have two midtable players currently occupying LWB and RWB position. So we can't expect much more than midtable results. I still have a lot of faith in Conte regardless of if we don't finish top4  this season. 

This is probably the Vodka talking but maybe Musonda is worth a go there? Maybe Rudi on the other side to balance out Charly's lack of defensive nous.

This is probably the Vodka talking but maybe Musonda is worth a go there? Maybe Rudi on the other side to balance out Charly's lack of defensive nous.

Musonda is very light weight though. He'll get castrated out there even against sub-optimal opposition. Remember Pedro vs Palace?