test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Crystal Palace 2-1 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   13 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Batshuayi
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

327 posts in this topic
11 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Trivia - played for both teams.....

Phillips, Mulligan, Cundy, Wicks, Granville, Bason, Cooke, Nicholas, Hopkin, Tambling, Forssell, Moses, Droy....

Feel free to add if anyone knows any more

Van Aanholt and I will add Loftus-Cheek to be cheeky :P

12 hours ago, Fulham Broadway said:

I remember him being the first new signing I saw.and it was weird seeing a new name on the programme line up joining bonetti, Harris, Mcreadie etc. He cost a fortune as well £100 000. 

Did well at Palace as well....

First "Big" signing I remember seeing was Duncan Mc Kenzie from Everton. 1978 or 79 I think. He was supposed to be the dogs bollox. He just turned out to be the latter :offtopic::D

Fulham Broadway likes this

Who's their backup striker?

Think this'll be a hugely important match for Batshuayi in particular. He needs to have a great game to really earn Conte's trust. We've seen Conte repeatedly choose other options in attack before him when changes are needed which shows he doesn't have full faith in Bats yet. If he starts, scores a goal, and has a good all around match it'll be huge for both of their confidence going forward.

Think Palace will really be up for this so hopefully no zombie football from us after the long break. Players like Cesc, Baka, and Luiz should be super fresh and hopefully in good form.

Starman60 likes this

Suspect this will be a frustrating one. Key players out injured, some others horribly out of form and potential tiredness/rustiness after international break. Will gladly take a scrappy win.

Feels like it's been months since I last saw Zappacosta play for us. Also, what will it take for Christensen/Rüdiger to lock down a place? Both have been excellent and yet Cahill still starts.

Hopefully Willian is much better than he was against City where he was woeful.

Will be an interesting game. Hazard really has to step up today, because Willian has been subpar for some time now. It's time to shine now for Batshuayi.

19 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Feels like it's been months since I last saw Zappacosta play for us. Also, what will it take for Christensen/Rüdiger to lock down a place? Both have been excellent and yet Cahill still starts.

Hopefully Willian is much better than he was against City where he was woeful.

How does he even get the chance to start after the woeful performance against City? 

This is like Ivanovic under Mourinho version 2.0 

Watch Palace get a point from us today..

Zaha apart, that Palace team has so little quality. Even he's coming off a long term injury so shouldn't be in top form. That Mila-whatshisname dominated us somehow last season when we lost to them so hopefully that doesn't happen again. Their backup keeper is in...

Anything other than 3 points here is inexcusable. Even without Morata and Kante our talent level is 10x theirs.

Starman60 likes this

5 minutes ago, Reddish-Blue said:

How does he even get the chance to start after the woeful performance against City? 

This is like Ivanovic under Mourinho version 2.0 

Watch Palace get a point from us today..

Unfortunately Conte has f*ckign let the success of last season get over his head. It pisses me off that he keeps starting Alonso anf Cahill. I hate the sight of those two's names in starting line-ups. Rüdiger and Christensen have proved that they're miles better than Cahill. I hate being all doom and gloom but I'm afraid it will take another thrashing like the one at Arsenal last season for him to f*cking open his eyes and never statt those two again like he did with Ivanovic.

I really really hope that he's looking for an alt LB for January somehow someway because I'm sick and tired of Alonso (and him being secure with starting week after week). He's so disgustingly weak, look what happened at Stoke or how useless he is against high quality players. Hell even Diouf made a fool of him.