• Bakayoko
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Batshuayi
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Musonda (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)

6 minutes ago, Jason said:

Let me rephrase that a bit - we have a history of making bad teams look good.

This was 2 years ago but remember QPR away in 2015?

I do, but it happen's no more to us than the other big team's.

• Replies 321
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

18 hours ago, Starman60 said:

Jeez people :blink: Lets have a bit of faith in our team. We will win, no problem. Palace are rubbish and Conte wont allow a drop in performance.Will be a chance for some players to impress the boss.

CP maybe rubbish but they always raise their game against us.

We'll be without our main striker, don't know if he'll even play bats, "Conte won't allow a drop in out performance" what like against Shitty.

I really don't wont to be negative about this game, but if we do win it won't be easy, and i'm fucking dreading them getting their first goal and it being against against us.

2 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

We'll be without our main striker, don't know if he'll even play bats, "Conte won't allow a drop in out performance" what like against Shitty.

I really don't wont to be negative about this game, but if we do win it won't be easy, and i'm fucking dreading them getting their first goal and it being against against us.

Yes, they do, but so does every London club. Bats ain't that bad of a striker and scores some vital goals for us. As for the City game, well we were out-thought and out-fought and there is no disgrace in being beaten by that City side, they totally outplayed us. Our lads know whats at stake here and know a win is vital, so lets have faith in our side to get the job done. I do see where you are coming from, and it has happened regularly in the past,  but I would hope that the days of Palace and the likes turning us over are well behind us.

15 hours ago, AChes1ofus said:

It all depends on how we approach the game.  If we dictate the game, attack their RB/LB and create chances, there is no reason why we can't win by 3 or more goals.

However, if the players get cocky and complacent on the pitch, it could lead to an embarrassing draw or loss. 

Have a really bad feeling about this. Pretty much everything is lining up for this match to be infuriating. Our best forward out, our best midfielder out, many of our players having only a training session or two after a long international break, and it's away to a team who will be absolutely desperate to turn their season around. This is like the classic "trap game" as we often call it here. You see that Palace will be without their main goal scorer Benteke, that they have zero points and a ridiculously bad goal difference, and that they've been blown away by every big team so far and think we'll go in there and win 4-0 or something. They'll probably now come out and play their best game of the young season against us now that Zaha will be back. I don't expect we'll be very sharp and we may look poor in midfield without Kante. 

All of that being said, a couple of our rivals have some tricky fixtures this weekend so if we pick up all 3 points and they drop any it'll return the optimism I had before City. Of course, the first actual test Man United will face is this weekend against Liverpool and they'll be without their best player. Of fucking course.

43 minutes ago, Abreu03 said:

Courtois; Azpilicueta, Christensen, Rudiger; Moses, David, Bakayoko, Alonso; Fàbregas; Hazard, Batshuayi. 

3-4-1-2 

Looks good but I'd really like Zappacosta to have a start in this one. Moses has been subpar all season.

17 minutes ago, Fulham Broadway said:

Trivia - played for both teams.....

Phillips, Mulligan, Cundy, Wicks, Granville, Bason, Cooke, Nicholas, Hopkin, Tambling, Forssell, Moses, Droy....

Feel free to add if anyone knows any more

Alan Birchenell and Steve Kember..... Do you remember those two ??? Or am I the oldest Chelsea fan here :P