Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

Look, this is what I have always hated about us buying players like Marin, Djilobodji, Sidwell, Boularhouz etc. They might be proven at mid-table level but they are no better than the Bakers or Pasalics of this world. I don't mind us improving depth. But if we want to spend money, there should be some upgrade at least in the 4th/5th cm position. Otherwise it is just money down the drain. I understand that Drinkwater is only our 3rd or 4th choice for CM backup but why dafuq do we sell Matic and Cahlobah, only having 2 fit senior CMs adn then 1 week before the season think about reinforcements for depth? Are we unable to handle multiple transfers at the same time?

@Magic Lamps

It's not really obvious to everyone though, because people keep discrediting the players linked to the club saying they're not as good as Matic.

Getting Bakayoko sealed Matic's fate and I thought everyone knew that already. Then Chalobah was sold too and it created a need for a new signing. It's just the timing of Matic's sale and these links to new players overlapping that make people think the club are now trying to replace Matic with Drinkwater/Barkley/whoever but that's not the case.

38 minutes ago, It's too big said:

fellaini is gone

No he's not, Galatasaray were interested but it's not happening. Mourinho said they have more chance of getting him as manager than sign Fellaini because he's so important to United's plans. Don't see him leaving after that, they need the depth too. 

For the reasons why we would buy drinkwater (home grown, depth, experience in prem), i would rather take a punt on Wilshere for a fraction of the cost. Our medical department seems to have worked wonders the last few years and if they could get him fit to add to the squad he would be a better option than drinkwater.

Id still much prefer Sanches if we get an option to buy. not convinced this deal will happen but if its 25-30 for a 27 yr old b2b HG midfielder who helped anchor a PL winning side, id happily take it. he might not be spectacular but he could help us win the PL and i would feel more than comfortable as a depth option no matter who his partner would be.

Baka > Matic

Drinkwater > Chalobah

3 minutes ago, the wes said:

If we are looking  drinkwater to replace Chalobah why not use Christensen or Baker has the 4th choice midfielder and save money ffs 

because Baker can't play b2b and is defensively liable. and Christensen might have the skills but thats a massive role and dangerous counting on a young player out of position for an increased schedule. 

1 minute ago, akgw13 said:

because Baker can't play b2b and is defensively liable. and Christensen might have the skills but thats a massive role and dangerous counting on a young player out of position for an increased schedule. 

Christensen has played there a few times for Borussia Monchegladbach and Christensen has CL experience aswell

1 minute ago, the wes said:

Christensen has played there a few times for Borussia Monchegladbach and Christensen has CL experience aswell

I understand that, but a few isn't alot. He needs to focus on understanding Contes Idea of CB before he attempts to fill in at CM. Some fans online want multiple massive signings which isnt realistic. I would welcome drinkwater happily for 25m and feel comfortable with him. Baka is our CM stud signing, if we can convince Bayern to let go of Sanches then we will truly be spoiled, if not ill take drinkwater and feel confident when he is on the field.