Danny Drinkwater

xPetrCechx

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

Doesn't Sergi Roberto have a release clause around that amount? He's on another planet talent wise than Drinkwater. The hell don't we go after him!?

Perhaps we've already been told that he isn't interested in joining us? There were links, enquiries were reportedly made, but nothing followed. No point in making a bid when you know it's a waste of time.

59 minutes ago, Henrique said:

So it seems his health and fitness are pretty good. Right after the medical he took yesterday his price increased to 40m.

Small wonder  his fitness is great. With a name like his he cant help but be reminded to stay  hydrated 24/7😅

Chelsea told to hand over £40m from Nemanja Matic sale if they want Leicester midfielder Danny Drinkwater

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/08/16/chelsea-edging-closer-signing-leicester-midfielder-danny-drinkwater/

Leicester don't fuck about 😂

32 minutes ago, the wes said:

Leicester don't fuck about 😂

And rightly so. As far as the money goes they don't really have to sell one of their best players after the season has already started, unless the money on offer is ridiculous.

A lot of pessimism for this transfer on this forum, but I don't think it's bad at all.

People need to realise we're not buying a first choice midfielder. We already have Kante and Bakayoko primed for that, and Fabregas to boot. This is a depth signing and it ticks a lot of boxes - homegrown, experience playing in a 2 man midfield, Premier league experience (including experience within a title race), some experience in Champions League, already history playing with our main midfielder Kante.

At 27, he should be entering the prime years of his career and over the past couple of years his career has really pushed on and progressed so who's to say there's not more to come. There are plenty of players who develop and bloom much later in their careers (Kante for one, Drogba another).

If price is the biggest gripe, that's a decision made by the board to decide what they believe is acceptable and really shouldn't be an issue or worry to any of us.

12 hours ago, Superblue_1986 said:

A lot of pessimism for this transfer on this forum, but I don't think it's bad at all.

People need to realise we're not buying a first choice midfielder. We already have Kante and Bakayoko primed for that, and Fabregas to boot. This is a depth signing and it ticks a lot of boxes - homegrown, experience playing in a 2 man midfield, Premier league experience (including experience within a title race), some experience in Champions League, already history playing with our main midfielder Kante.

At 27, he should be entering the prime years of his career and over the past couple of years his career has really pushed on and progressed so who's to say there's not more to come. There are plenty of players who develop and bloom much later in their careers (Kante for one, Drogba another).

If price is the biggest gripe, that's a decision made by the board to decide what they believe is acceptable and really shouldn't be an issue or worry to any of us.

Agree mate. Also, if we wish to give RLC a chance, Drinkwater is the best man to get, homegrown, can also help RLC and won't take his place in the team.

There are much better players in central midfield that have gone for less money than what we are being expected to pay for Danny Drinkwater.

A poster above said that we’re not buying a first choice midfielder. I question the logic. Why aren’t we buying another first choice midfielder? What happened to players competing for positions?

I don’t want us buying a midfielder purely for the sake of filling a spot in the squad. I want a midfielder to come in that is gonna look at the other three and have the desire to want to start ahead of them. 

This is us settling for mediocrity right here and I am shocked that there is an alarming amount of people that are ok with it.

22 minutes ago, Dingus said:

There are much better players in central midfield that have gone for less money than what we are being expected to pay for Danny Drinkwater.

A poster above said that we’re not buying a first choice midfielder. I question the logic. Why aren’t we buying another first choice midfielder? What happened to players competing for positions?

I don’t want us buying a midfielder purely for the sake of filling a spot in the squad. I want a midfielder to come in that is gonna look at the other three and have the desire to want to start ahead of them. 

This is us settling for mediocrity right here and I am shocked that there is an alarming amount of people that are ok with it.

I'm pretty sure, having been a regular and won the league, that if drinkwater did come in he would believe he is good enough to push for a starting spot. Any professional should have that mindset if they are at a top team.

If starting berths are locked down, which I believe they will be once bakayoko is fit then it would be incredibly hard to attract another player at the very top level of they aren't guaranteed as a starter. The next step is to ensure that the next players to come in don't cause a huge drop off in quality when called upon but have to be willing to join the club with no promises and aware that they won't be first choice when they join and need to force their way into the team. You can't just buy top level players for that role.

Case in point, look at city pursuing Jonny evans.

Bakayoko has not played one game for us and really had one good full season, also arriving in a new league. It is immense amount respect many are showing him, believing he is already a undisputed starter and no need for quality players to challenge him. 

2 minutes ago, Clockwork said:

Bakayoko has not played one game for us and really had one good full season, also arriving in a new league. It is immense amount respect many are showing him, believing he is already a undisputed starter and no need for quality players to challenge him. 

Well we even sold Matic because of Bakayoko :D

6 hours ago, Clockwork said:

And this is why we should bring a midfielder that'll challenge for a starting spot imo.