• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Bakayoko
    • Pedro
    • Morata
    • Willian (sub)
    • Zappacosta (sub)
    • Hazard (sub)

Last game of Cahill Suspension. feels like fabregas will get the start unless bakayoko is 100% fit, even then I think Conte will want Fabregas pulling the strings if Hazard doesnt start for some extra creativity. 

Courtois

Azpi              Luiz            Rudiger

Moses       Kante       Fabregas      Alonso

Pedro        Morata       Willian

Hazard/Christensen/Bakayoko are my 3 sub choices. Don't think Conte will play Drinkwater/Zappacosta after just signing them since he preaches "understanding our idea of football" 

• Replies 242
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 6.9.2017 at 0:06 PM, the wes said:

I don't like fabregas in two man midfield he's lazy at tracking back and players go past him to easy if bakayoko not fit I would play drinkwater there 

Nice Wee video show ye how good of partnership they have

I believe that Drinkwater Kante is a way superior midfield than Kante matic. Whilst in leicesters title winning season they were equivocal midfield partners, with us it always looked like Kante was carrying matic. Not only Is Matic too clumsy to really profit from the turnovers Kante forces. Drinkwater is way better on his weaker foot has a better Touch, is less ponderous on the ball, always looks to release it as soon as possible to make a forward pass. Also Drinkwater is faster, more agile and displays Better movement and runs. 

Was just thinking how terrible it would be to lose this one against Leicester with Arsenal up next in the league. Need morale and form to be as good as possible heading into Arsenal rather than having tremendous pressure on us after a loss.

Absolute must win for me this is.

I bet Cesc starts this one bit I'm not sure I would myself.

21 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

I believe that Drinkwater Kante is a way superior midfield than Kante matic. Whilst in leicesters title winning season they were equivocal midfield partners, with us it always looked like Kante was carrying matic. Not only Is Matic too clumsy to really profit from the turnovers Kante forces. Drinkwater is way better on his weaker foot has a better Touch, is less ponderous on the ball, always looks to release it as soon as possible to make a forward pass. Also Drinkwater is faster, more agile and displays Better movement and runs. 

I disagree. More agile and better movement from Drinkwater but Matic rarely fancied a run He stood behind the line of play and covered the runs made by Kante, and the wing backs. 

Courtois - Rüdiger, Luiz, Azpi - Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Moses - Pedro, Willian, Morata

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Hazard, Batshuayi

That's what I'd go with. Some nice options on the bench there, starting to look like a really solid squad.

20 minutes ago, Jype said:

Courtois - Rüdiger, Luiz, Azpi - Alonso, Bakayoko, Kante, Moses - Pedro, Willian, Morata

Subs: Caballero, Christensen, Zappacosta, Drinkwater, Fabregas, Hazard, Batshuayi

That's what I'd go with. Some nice options on the bench there, starting to look like a really solid squad.

Are bench is starting to look more health now 😃😃

Courtois, Azpi, Luiz Rüdiger; Moses, Kante, Bakayoko, Alonso; Pedro, Willian; Morata 

This would be my lineup for tomorrows game. Hazard obviously has to come on at some point in order to gain fitness. Our team looks pretty good, I predict a 0-2 win for our blues! :)

This will be a nice test for the squad, and it will be very interesting to see what team Conte picks. A couple of nice acquisitions in Drinkwater and Zappacosta to strengthen the squad. Lets hope for a decent performance, a win and a clean sheet with these guys coming on and proving they were money well spent.

That's not asking too much is it ????

3 minutes ago, Pizy said:

That's...wow. Arsenal-esque.

It should be pointed out though that our fixtures in Sept have always been tough to say the least...

Everton 1-0 Chelsea
Spurs 1-1 Chelsea
Man City 1-1 Chelsea
Everton 3-1 Chelsea
Newcastle 2-2 Chelsea
Swansea 2-2 Chelsea
Arsenal 3-0 Chelsea

Courtois

Azpi - Luiz - Rüdiger

Moses - Fabregas - Kante - Alonso

Willian - Morata - Pedro

Hazard, Bakayoko and Zappacosta to be introduced in 2nd half once we're winning, and we will win 3-1 or smth like that.

3 minutes ago, Sir Mikel OBE said:

Last years champions vs the year before champions and this game isnt even on TV in America.

We have a choice between Arsenal-Bournemouth and Everton-Spuds<_<

Jesus fucking Christ, I just saw this. I've also just learned that these greedy fucking assholes at NBC have locked some games behind a paywall that were all free last season. And it costs $50!!! This is complete bullshit.

Been looking forward to the game for weeks and now I have to get lucky on YouTube and find a 240p stream. Just fuck off!