test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Blusan Alamb

youth team Ethan Ampadu

Started by Blusan Alamb,

84 posts in this topic
2 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Doesn’t offer that pass consistently or naturally enough. He would still be able to do that if he stepped out from cb for example. He won’t become a world beater in MF imo. 

To be fair, hes 17 years old, he will get more and more confident if he continues at this rate but he just looks like a midfield player to me, always wants to take the ball, sure he has looked good at CB too but I honestly think he should be allowed the chance to play more in MF, he will receive more touches of the ball, gives him the opportunity to be more involved and hit those sort of passes. If it turns out hes better suited to CB then fair enough but regardless if he ends up at CB in the long run or at CM, he will be a very good player. World beater bit of a loose term, don't think he'll be up to that level but he can have a very good career, hopefully at Chelsea. I think hes surprised everybody though. 

Is it absolutely crazy that I think he can do a job in that holding midfielder role for Sarri? Jorginho was the first choice but Diawara did a nice job when he filled in, Ampadu has a great passing range, a extremely tough tackle and a cool head. I always envisioned a Julian Weigl-esque role for him, We could very well loan him out but I am so tempted to keep him and have him learn/develop with the team in this roll.

What a special player we have got with him, my goodness.

Unionjack and OneMoSalah like this

12 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Is it absolutely crazy that I think he can do a job in that holding midfielder role for Sarri? Jorginho was the first choice but Diawara did a nice job when he filled in, Ampadu has a great passing range, a extremely tough tackle and a cool head. I always envisioned a Julian Weigl-esque role for him, We could very well loan him out but I am so tempted to keep him and have him learn/develop with the team in this roll.

To be counted as club trained in CL he has to spend 3 years with us before hiting 21 years old, really doubt we will loan him out in next 2 years.

akgw13 likes this

4 hours ago, ulvhedin said:

To be counted as club trained in CL he has to spend 3 years with us before hiting 21 years old, really doubt we will loan him out in next 2 years.

We was doing well keeping Happy on site to do his training but his injuy put the kaibosh on that. I hope it doesn't mean the same for Ampadu. Hes another good prospect for a long career with us if we play it right.

But with the amount of defenders we have and lack of creativity in CM we should keep him there if poss I think.

On 26.06.2018 at 6:28 PM, Unionjack said:

We was doing well keeping Happy on site to do his training but his injuy put the kaibosh on that. I hope it doesn't mean the same for Ampadu. Hes another good prospect for a long career with us if we play it right.

But with the amount of defenders we have and lack of creativity in CM we should keep him there if poss I think.

what?

On 26/06/2018 at 0:58 PM, akgw13 said:

I’m not sure why so many are obsessed with him playing DM. He looked out of his depth/nothing special when he played there for our first team, and actually looked like a good talent when he was later deployed at CB for the rest of his appearances. He played Cb for Exeter. He played CB for our youth team. Strengths for me lie in his defensive skills, nothing that special about him on the ball.

Tomo, DYC., Miguelito and 1 other like this

25 minutes ago, ja1 said:

I’m not sure why so many are obsessed with him playing DM. He looked out of his depth/nothing special when he played there for our first team, and actually looked like a good talent when he was later deployed at CB for the rest of his appearances. He played Cb for Exeter. He played CB for our youth team. Strengths for me lie in his defensive skills, nothing that special about him on the ball.

Because he is primarily a DM. He played DM at exeter, He played Midfield for us against everton in the EFL cup and a few other cameos. He did play CB for our youth team, and can certainly play CB as he showed by playing in our 3 at the back. 

He showed a good passing range by pinging some long balls when he played for us and as a CB for the youth team. I think Ampadu could easily play DM in a system that requires it, similar to Christensen. They are both commanding, smooth football players. Lets remember this boy is 17 getting minutes for Chelsea first team and not looking entirely out of place.

On 26/06/2018 at 0:58 PM, akgw13 said:

Ampadu’s passing range is overrated. Not an elite passer/doesn’t have elite vision. Decent passer but not good enough to play the Jorginho role. Sarri’s DM is usually technically gifted. Even Diawara is pretty good technically. 

communicate and ja1 like this

14 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Ampadu’s passing range is overrated. Not an elite passer/doesn’t have elite vision. Decent passer but not good enough to play the Jorginho role. Sarri’s DM is usually technically gifted. Even Diawara is pretty good technically. 

I never said he would play it the exact way Jorginho does, Diawara has a similar passing range or at least not one that is materially better than Ampadu. I must confess I am thinking of what Ampadu will/might be in a couple years when he develops more, perhaps i am letting that cloud my judgement. I also don't expect him to play a massive role for the team, just exciting to think about what he could be molded to be. We will see where Sarri puts him if he stays around. 

23 hours ago, The Skipper said:

Never ever seen a 17 year old have elite passing or vision (most of the top class talents even don’t have that, they have the picture but “elite level” stuff is a progression which can only be developed by playing at the elite or highest level). He has the right tools to be a good player and he’s already shown in limited time here he is more than adept to be a DM if needed to be, so don’t see why not having elite passing or vision at 17 years old has anything to do with it, who at 17 actually has that? Even then Jorginho right now is a class player but he looked like a beyond average player until he started working with Sarri. Even then he needed time to break into the Napoli team. Nothing is impossible. Diawara is a great talent too but he has had the chance to develop that ability by playing lots of games at the top level in Italy. Ampdu with regular minutes and also in a Sarri team where the guy on the ball can have at least 3 or 4 options can develop and improve that passing and vision. Definitely. It probably won’t happen because I think Sarri will have his own ideas and quite possibly Kante is more than good enough to play as a pivot in a 3 man MF.

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

Never ever seen a 17 year old have elite passing or vision (most of the top class talents even don’t have that, they have the picture but “elite level” stuff is a progression which can only be developed by playing at the elite or highest level). He has the right tools to be a good player and he’s already shown in limited time here he is more than adept to be a DM if needed to be, so don’t see why not having elite passing or vision at 17 years old has anything to do with it, who at 17 actually has that? Even then Jorginho right now is a class player but he looked like a beyond average player until he started working with Sarri. Even then he needed time to break into the Napoli team. Nothing is impossible. Diawara is a great talent too but he has had the chance to develop that ability by playing lots of games at the top level in Italy. Ampdu with regular minutes and also in a Sarri team where the guy on the ball can have at least 3 or 4 options can develop and improve that passing and vision. Definitely. It probably won’t happen because I think Sarri will have his own ideas and quite possibly Kante is more than good enough to play as a pivot in a 3 man MF.

Have a look at Billy Gilmour in our academy pal. 

Johnnyeye and 11Drogba like this