Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

2 hours ago, Tomo said:

If im not mistaken now Luiz has been dropped we only really have 4 tall regular starters (im judging tall based on Mourinho's comments on needing about 6 players of a certain height) which are Alonso, Morata, Baka and whoever starts out of Cahill and Rudi. Despite that tho we are seldom caught cold on set pieces.

Christensen is tall, so that makes 5. 

See a few people raving about him on Twitter. Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with that game from him? Of course, he's only 17 (fuck me, I can't believe I'm 10 years older than a Chelsea player!) but it's not like he bossed the game or anything. His passes were almost exclusively sideways or backwards to Rüdiger, Cahill, and Caballero. His positioning and interceptions were decent I guess. 

I think it was pretty clear that he's not a trained CB. Didn't really look like he knew what he was doing which is why he kept it so simple. Doesn't look like a natural defender. Like RLC, hopefully Conte doesn't try to shoehorn him into the wrong position.

8 minutes ago, Pizy said:

See a few people raving about him on Twitter. Am I the only one who wasn't that impressed with that game from him? Of course, he's only 17 (fuck me, I can't believe I'm 10 years older than a Chelsea player!) but it's not like he bossed the game or anything. His passes were almost exclusively sideways or backwards to Rüdiger, Cahill, and Caballero. His positioning and interceptions were decent I guess. 

I think it was pretty clear that he's not a trained CB. Didn't really look like he knew what he was doing which is why he kept it so simple. Doesn't look like a natural defender. Like RLC, hopefully Conte doesn't try to shoehorn him into the wrong position.

Didn't put a wrong foot and didn't make any stupid mistakes. All you can really ask from a 17 year old.

42 minutes ago, Pizy said:

I’m sure he plays there for the Dev squad?

1 hour ago, Pizy said:

In a way i think the way you and others assessed him shows how good he is, most times a 17 year old plays at senior level the tinest little thing has us doing butterfly's, for example McEachran was declared the 2nd coming of jesus christ for as little as a pass back to the keeper. Instead we are legit holding him to the standards of a senior pro already, he probably won't ever be one of the very, very best but his mental ability is unreal and thats why he has this chance at such a young age.

On a separate note he's from my area of England (Devon, south west) and there's very few full time footballers from our area let alone Chelsea level one's and he has been quite a hot topic of convo even from supporters of our rivals.

5 hours ago, Pizy said:

Conte clearly sees something special in this kid. He might not be good enough yet, maybe JCS or Tomori are even better right now but in the future these minutes might be benefitial. Also, we beat Everton and now Bournemouth with him on the pitch and conceded one goal, so it’s not like he is a disaster.

I don't like the fact that we are playing him in the defense. We are in a need of quality midfielders, not center backs - if we can choose, and it seems to me that we can, it would be better to push him in midfielder positions.

7 hours ago, Pizy said:

He didn't do much impressive on the ball but allowances can be made. Wouldn't expect him to push up like Luiz/Christensen and be pinging balls at 17. (I think people say 'he's just 17' at anything other than praise for him too much but, as I said, I don't think anyone should expect that unless it's a once in generation talent). Defensively he was good. Literally no mistakes, second half when Swansea increased the pressure I was most impressed. Was winning balls defending from set pieces as well. Midfield performances hyped, but at CB (where he plays for youth team) I can see his potential.

1 minute ago, ja1 said:

He didn't do much impressive on the ball but allowances can be made. Wouldn't expect him to push up like Luiz/Christensen and be pinging balls at 17. (I think people say 'he's just 17' at anything other than praise for him too much but, as I said, I don't think anyone should expect that unless it's a once in generation talent). Defensively he was good. Literally no mistakes, second half when Swansea increased the pressure I was most impressed. Was winning balls defending from set pieces as well. Midfield performances hyped, but at CB (where he plays for youth team) I can see his potential.

Swansea? Don't you mean Bournemouth? :P

Yeah, I'm not saying he was poor or anything. Just that it was hugely obvious it was his first appearence in our defense. Guess the biggest positives you can say are that he didn't look phased or panicked at all at just 17 years old. Bit like Christensen. 

• 3 weeks later...

Not sure what our best option for him will be.

I'd like us to keep him at home training with the 1st team so we can train him as a Blue and play him whenever possible.

But it hepled Andreas alot giving him a 2 year loan knowing he would be in 1 team awhile and being kicked about by grown men has done him the world of good.

but is Sunderland a good option? Bottom of the fuckin Championship going nowhere. Dafter than a big bagfull of daft things!

Sunderland aim to secure loan signing of Wales youngster Ethan Ampadu from Chelsea - reports

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/sunderland-aim-secure-loan-signing-14123114

19 minutes ago, The Skipper said:

No, it has to be three years in total before you turn 21, not three years in a row. 

What do you think the best for us would be with him? I really like him but really not sure what is our best way to go with him.

I would like to keep him to train at home. Either as CB or DM. I dont pretend to understand why he wasn't used against Norwich cause I thought it perfect for him but.....

So its either keeping him like Mou did Happy which was working fine or do we loan him to Sunderland who are holding up the league.

I think that particular loan would be good for HIM with Coleman knowing him really well (also wanting Ben Woodburn but with Coutinho going hes not sure to go)

So Coleman being very clever bringing in excellent kids on the cheap who he knows both well. He will treat him right plus get regular playing time.

I think he wants the loan till end of season but do we take that gamble letting him have 18 months? I know it worked well with AC and Tibo but theres always that chance of him enjoying his new place.

Hard decision innit?