Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

Like I said around few months ago, he should have gone to Norwich on loan. They desperately need a CB and we need a place where he can grow. I still think Ampadu can become a big player so hopefully this loan will turn out ok as the season progresses

On 26/08/2019 at 3:04 AM, NikkiCFC said:

Too good team for him. And tbh I was never impressed with him. Short to be CB. Maybe he becomes DM on Romeu level but that's it. Gilmour and Gallagher are already better. 

Again think its odd to just throw in Gilmour and Gallagher are already better when really they all play different positions to Ethan and even then, Gilmour hasnt played first team at any level and Gallagher is only just starting to now. Ampadu played first team football when he was 15.

Think Bundesliga loan at a team with good players already in his position automatically puts him in a much more difficult situation/position, similarly to like when he was here, good players in the positions he plays already. Doesnt make him any less of a prospect.

Everytime I have seen Ethan play, except one Europa League game last season, he has impressed me, even playing for Wales. He has such a maturity, assuredness and calmness than you dont see in many 18 year olds. He doesnt get flustered in a game even if he makes a mistake. Technically he can play easily off both feet and is very tenacious and physical for a slightly built guy. 

Connor Gallaghers started well but that form and goal return will tail off at somepoint as the physical demands of playing actual football that isnt u23s will get to him eventually as will inconsistencies with being a youngster as I am sure it does to most players who come out of u23s/youth team football. The intensity and physical demands arent of the same level, the championship is a brutal league as well because some teams just sit and play direct longball, very physical and a much more aggresive style of football.

Rate Billy highly but again, no first team football that isnt u23s at a really competitive or much more demanding level. 

Again they need to be gauged and either introduced into the group or loaned to gain some experience. I think Connors got a good move and I hope Billy could follow in January or next summer as getting used to the more physical demands of professional football in a league like the championship or league 1 would be benefical to him progressing. Dont want to start putting too much pressure or expectation on these kids coming through though, since Lamps came back I have seen stuff like sell Alonso and use the youth team LB as a back up to a player whos suffered 2 or 3 big injuries in 6 seasons or it was we shouldnt buy Kovacic and use Billy or someone else instead.  And it will be the same while Franks here as there is this weird sort of ideology that Chelsea are all of a sudden going to be like Ajax, when we realisitcally wont, 7 academy kids in the squad though (AC & Ruben in there too) who youd imagine will all get sufficient minutes is a good start with our youth record and a sign to show other groups that the chances are there.

I do think Tammys been very lucky in the way that Franks got his hands tied behind his back with the transfer ban and the standard of more senior options upfront so he really has nothing to lose giving Tammy a proper chance to prove his worth. Having worked with Mason and Tomori he will be able to trust and gauge them more as he will be more than aware of their capabilities from last season as well as Reece James who he will have undoubtedly seen in the Championship some weeks.

Think when Callum and Reece are back fit along with Tammy, Tomori and Mason those 5 (plus AC, RLC and Pulisic) give us enough of a youthful injection into the squad along with keeping experienced players around them that will undoubtedly aid and help with their development along with the coaching staff.

Next summer as well I think Frank will be a bit more likely to look to the market than to some of the other younger guys on loan because there are some obvious areas we are lacking real quality in, positions that to be competitive in title challenges/cup competitions you want or need that little bit more. Its strange and encouraging at the same time that hes giving these guys a chance and there seems to be a clearer path so it seems but again we have played 4 games. We could hit a really bad run for instance and he might go for the tried and tested for a while to get the job done. Theres just so many different variables and with FLs inexperience as well, it will be interesting to see if he will stick to his guns and do it his way or maybe adapt a bit like previous managers have. We have to remember hes still learning too.

• 4 weeks later...
12 hours ago, LAM09 said:
13 hours ago, the wes said:
We should re-call Ampadu back in the next transfer window he's not getting a look in at red bull leipzig

Anyone with the slightest bit of football knowledge knew this wouldn't work out. He ain't good enough for a CL team.

Frustrating, isn't it? You could envisage him getting a fair few opportunities this season, especially with his versatility to play CB and CDM. I don't think it was a well-considered move, to be truthful. 

Frustrating, isn't it? You could envisage him getting a fair few opportunities this season, especially with his versatility to play CB and CDM. I don't think it was a well-considered move, to be truthful. 
It's a common trend. Very few loan moves prove to be fruitful where we are concerned.

• 3 weeks later...

Apparently he's going to get some chances when Leipzig have a run of bottom half sides in a few weeks.

While his lack of chances are frustrating so far I'm not going to press the panic button just yet, Mount was in a similar position at Vittese this time two years ago now look at him.

59 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Apparently he's going to get some chances when Leipzig have a run of bottom half sides in a few weeks.

While his lack of chances are frustrating so far I'm not going to press the panic button just yet, Mount was in a similar position at Vittese this time two years ago now look at him.

We should have loan him out to championship side in the summer 

On 10/10/2019 at 3:29 PM, LAM09 said:
On 10/10/2019 at 1:40 PM, the wes said:
We should have loan him out to championship side in the summer 

The chances were always bleak at a CL side, but he would have probably been fine at somewhere like Schalke.

as I said before

I would have loaned him to TSG 1899 Hoffenheim or Bayer 04 Leverkusen or Eintracht Frankfurt or VfL Wolfsburg

all 4 he would get a shit tonne of time and at the last 3, Euro footie

at Eintracht Frankfurt  he could form a partnership with one of my main CB targets for next summer, Evan N'Dicka (another teen)

Wolfsburg are good at grooming EPL style players, that is probably my first choice, then EF, then Hoffenheim

Schalke just bought another young (19yo) CB they are blooding in, Ozan Kabak (15m euros too), and he is getting shit for minutes as well

Its odd.

Theres no doubt he may learn from players around him at Leipzig and develop well under Julian Nagglesmann who is N incredibly talented coach but he still has to play.

Luckily Ryan Giggs has played him in almost every international match since taking over but playing twice every 3 months isnt any use but then hes still getting something than nothing.

Think its still a better league than the championship where he will improve technically, tactically and also physically.

Look at Serge Gnabry too, when he first moved to Hoffenheim on loan, it took him a while to get a regular run in the team, that one season he was loaned there he ended up making only 22 Bundesliga appearances when there are close to 40 games each season in the Bundesliga. Ethan may get a chance yet due to an injury, its too easy to write the move off, and maybe the club will re-evaluate the situation in January because if hes only played for Wales regularly in the last 6 or 7 months then theyll be concerned.

• 2 weeks later...