Ethan Ampadu

Blusan Alamb

• 4 weeks later...

Would really love to see more of him on the pitch, I'm impressed of his composure and determination at his age and playing your 1st game for Chelsea just after a few months you joined them. Hope he has the opportunity to play some more 1st team games.

• 1 month later...

No more posts on his first full start? I think he has a lot of grit, aggressiveness and looks like a leader. Experience of men's football already with Wales and Exeter, bet Conte likes that and why he's leapfrogged poor Kyle Scott to 5th choice.

in terms of talent though there have been a lot of better 17 year olds and I also don't believe this position suits him, got to remember he plays CB for youth and believe he did so for Exeter to. 

1 hour ago, ja1 said:

terms of talent though there have been a lot of better 17 year olds and I also don't believe this position suits him, got to remember he plays CB for youth and believe he did so for Exeter to. 

I would say so, but if we based thing's on natural talent alone the player's that signed up for Wayne Rooney's street striker would be PL player's, Ampadu seems to have the nessesery skillset overall to make it. Musonda for example is a few year's older than Ethan and exceptionally gifted yet was totally out of his depth tonight.

He's 17. Comments in the match thread like 'he didn't do anything special' (as a centre back in midfield) are silly. He was strong, composed, on the floor less than most, calm, perfect with his movement, perfect with backing out of tackles that would've had him carded. 17. He can be anything we make him. What a shame he won't have a consistently 'there' manager here.