Ricardo Carvalho

the wes

I'm not opposed to Carvalho staying. The only thing I'm opposed to right now is Carvalho staying and the next manager choosing him in the starting lineup instead of Alex. Alex is way too big of an offensive and defensive weapon to be on the bench any longer. I don't think it'd be a bad idea to keep Riccy on in case of injury or suspension (with the latter being a definite certainty). I guess that's what Ivanovic is for and his Serbian buddy Slobodan Rajkovic and Michael Mancienne are for though. Hopefully Rajkovic returns from his loan at FC Twente and gets some playing time as he seems to have plenty of potential.

I'm not opposed to Carvalho staying. The only thing I'm opposed to right now is Carvalho staying and the next manager choosing him in the starting lineup instead of Alex. Alex is way too big of an offensive and defensive weapon to be on the bench any longer. I don't think it'd be a bad idea to keep Riccy on in case of injury or suspension (with the latter being a definite certainty). I guess that's what Ivanovic is for and his Serbian buddy Slobodan Rajkovic and Michael Mancienne are for though. Hopefully Rajkovic returns from his loan at FC Twente and gets some playing time as he seems to have plenty of potential.

So you want everyone? Riccy, Ivanovic, Rajkovic, Mancienne?

So you want everyone? Riccy, Ivanovic, Rajkovic, Mancienne?

I just said I'm not opposed to him staying. To put it another way I'm indifferent to whether he stays or leaves. The only thing I'm strongly opposed to is him taking Alex's starting spot away next year, which under no circumstances should happen. But what is his valuation like 6 million pounds? Is it worth it to sell him? I for one thing Riccy's worth more than 6 million.

Chelsea centre-back Ricardo Carvalho has made it clear he is ready to leave Stamford Bridge this summer in search of first-team football.

The Portugal international, 31, is unhappy that he made only 18 appearances for the Blues last season.

"I have had four extraordinary years at Chelsea until this year, which has not been very good - indeed it was the worst of my career," he said.

"I am available for a club who wishes to have me."

Carvalho joined Chelsea from Porto in July 2004 for a fee of about £20m and has played 174 times for the club, helping them to win two Premier League titles, two League Cups and an FA Cup.

But he was hampered by injuries last season, suffering knee ligament damage and a thigh problem that kept him out for almost two months.

Carvalho admitted "I wasn't in great shape" but insisted it was because he had not played many matches.

Looking to the future, he added: "I am delighted that several clubs are interested in me. But before being approached, an agreement must be found with Chelsea."

Carvalho last played for Chelsea in the 4-4 draw with Liverpool in the Champions League quarter-final second leg on 14 April.

And he appeared to be out of favour under interim Chelsea boss Guus Hiddink, prompting his declaration of intent to move on.

However, Carvalho appeared to leave the door open for reassessment under incoming manger Carlo Ancelotti, who officially takes over on 1 July.

"If there is no transfer, I will be fine at Chelsea," he said.

I don't agree, I think Ricy is an essential part of our defence. Alex is great, but JT and Ricy are the best partnership in the Premier league. He might be cracking on age wise, but still a very skillful defender.

Alex and terry are very similar alex is a great defender though.

My thoughts have been the same to be honest. But you can't argue with what JT and Alex have managed to do during the season together. But personally i think Ivanovic or Mancienne would compliment JT better.

I think it is very likely Carvalho will leave. We have unbelievable cover in his position and his age and injury problems have caught up with him. From a CFC point of view it is time to let him move on.

Inter Milan's former Chelsea coach Jose Mourinho has not ruled out a bid for unhappy Blues defender Ricardo Carvalho.

The Portugal international played under Mourinho at both Porto and Stamford Bridge and he admitted on Wednesday that last season was the worst of his career.

Despite guiding Inter to their fourth consecutive Italian title, Mourinho still believes the club needs reinforcements.

The Nerazzurri have already signed Genoa duo Diego Milito and Thiago Motta but Mourinho wants three more signings as they look to replicate their domestic success on the European stage.

"The important thing is that Motta and Milito's transfers have been done," said Mourinho. "In order to improve, we still need a forward, a midfielder and a central defender.

"Once we have all of this, we will be much stronger."

He added: "I don't want to talk about names.

"We do need a good central defender. Carvalho? We shall see."

Reports have also linked Carvalho's team-mate at Chelsea, Deco, another former Porto player, and Barcelona striker Samuel Eto'o to the San Siro

alex has proven time and time again he is capable of playing along side JT, not only one of the most solid defenders in the premiership but he scores brilliant goals.

even if alex gets injured we have a number of people to fill the position, ivanovic or even mancienne for example.

it is time to let carvalho go..

and j.o.m is young but has potential, he needs to mature a bit however.

If he does leave it will be a sad thing to see but i just cant see riccy coming back the way he ever was. He is very injury prone now and he only played a handful of games this season. I think jt and alex are doing a very good job together.

Carvalho spend few great years :D If he feel it's the right time to change u shouldn't stop him. It's his choice we should let him go ,thanks him for everything what he done for club and wish him good luck in next club.

Inter Milan are willing to discuss a swap deal with Chelsea for their defender Ricardo Carvalho.

Tuttosport says Inter are prepared to offer Nicolas Burdisso and Brazilian wing-back Maxwell to Chelsea in a straight swap for Portugal international Carvalho.

Maxwell is also interesting Barcelona.