Sergi Roberto

Chelsea?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, oldportblue said:

that article says the release clause is 40M€, can he still reject us if we meet the clause?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd imagine that he'd just say that he doesn't want to leave and not sign a contract with us.

I'd imagine that he'd just say that he doesn't want to leave and not sign a contract with us.

ok so the decision would be entirely up to him, I see... Don't see him leaving his boyhood club for us in that case

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

He's got a very good burst of speed as well. Gives Conte options - Kante- Sergi or Kante- Bakayoko or Kante- Bakayoko - Cesc or Kante- Bakayoko - Sergi

Would be a really solid set of midfield options for the season

Barca have just confirmed the signing of Paulinho (yes, the shit Spurs flop :lol:) from Chinese League.

They both play essentially the same positions in CM/RB so Sergi might just have got his reason to leave if Valverde for some bizarre reason prefers Paulinho over him. Mind you Paulinho just became Barca's 4th most expensive signing ever after Suarez, Neymar and Zlatan so I doubt he was signed to be a backup.

This guy is saying there's a "total breakdown of relationship between Sergi Roberto and Barcelona management" with Chelsea and United interested.

Damn, this guy would be an amazing signing, but can't see it happening. 

2 minutes ago, Pizy said:

The fuck would United be after another midfielder? 

They don't have much depth apart from Fellaini and Carrick. Both of those can be considered backups for Matic, but I see the reasoning in going after another dynamic midfielder to rotate with Herrera and Pogba. And Sergi can also cover at right-back, a position where they have only Valencia at the moment.

But yeah, if he's available for a move and both clubs interested he would have a much better chance of nailing a starting position at Chelsea than he would over in Manchester. But then again so did Danilo, and he still ended up choosing City so who knows. 

6 minutes ago, Jype said:

They don't have much depth apart from Fellaini and Carrick. Both of those can be considered backups for Matic, but I see the reasoning in going after another dynamic midfielder to rotate with Herrera and Pogba. And Sergi can also cover at right-back, a position where they have only Valencia at the moment.

But yeah, if he's available for a move and both clubs interested he would have a much better chance of nailing a starting position at Chelsea than he would over in Manchester. But then again so did Danilo, and he still ended up choosing City so who knows. 

Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Carrick, Herrera, and Blind who can fill in adequately in midfield. I'd love to have 6 midfield options here.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he's available and we don't get him whilst an already stacked United side get him. Sergi Roberto is infinitely more talented and a much safer buy than Drinkwater.

7 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Fellaini, Matic, Pogba, Carrick, Herrera, and Blind who can fill in adequately in midfield. I'd love to have 6 midfield options here.

I'd be pretty disappointed if he's available and we don't get him whilst an already stacked United side get him. Sergi Roberto is infinitely more talented and a much safer buy than Drinkwater.

United play three in the middle for most games though, so 5-6 options are needed at the very least. Having a guy like Carrick as the last backup will never hurt, a good leader in the dressing room and can still sometimes do the job when called upon but won't complain about the lack of playing time because at that age he's probably more than happy to sit back and enjoy a backseat role.

Anyways, Sergi Roberto is an absolute must-have type signing if he's available. Also has that €40M release clause too, so even the price would be a bargain for someone of his talent. Don't mind if he stays at Barca because at the moment I don't consider him a realistic option anyway, but would be really gutted if he ended up at some other club like United.

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You