test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,848 posts in this topic

One crap season. 

I'm willing to give him next season just like Baka. 

If next season still average, then yes we can scream and kick. 

Just write this season of for many players. 

17 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

Got really pissed that night FB. Even the most pessimistic Chelsea fans me being one of them was quietly confident this was going to be our year after so many false dawns and years in the doldrums. And then of course this happened and on my birthday as well.

I was young at the time and can remember seeing that goal and thinking it was the most skillful and greatest thing I'd ever seen.

Years on that goal still holds up, to be able to turn like that when the ball is fired into you. Pure class!

I went with my dad to the cup final that year too. Great, great times!

Iggy Doonican likes this

14 hours ago, Fernando said:

One crap season. 

I'm willing to give him next season just like Baka. 

If next season still average, then yes we can scream and kick. 

Just write this season of for many players. 

I agree however the club needs depth in place if he does struggle again next year. 

If we only have Morata and Giroud and Morata fails to kick on we will struggle hugely. Even if one of the younger lads comes back from a loan next season to give us an extra option it saves us from the position we were in the first half of this season, where we had 2 strikers but only one favoured and as a result was flogged to death.

Fernando likes this

31 minutes ago, Superblue_1986 said:

I agree however the club needs depth in place if he does struggle again next year. 

If we only have Morata and Giroud and Morata fails to kick on we will struggle hugely. Even if one of the younger lads comes back from a loan next season to give us an extra option it saves us from the position we were in the first half of this season, where we had 2 strikers but only one favoured and as a result was flogged to death.

. Morata will have to have a Road to Damascus type conversion attitude wise and from what I've heard even though he's playing in a struggling side Tammy Abraham has looked extremely average. I think it was a mistake letting Traore go I was always impressed with him when he was given the chance.

Alvaro this is your moment. If you have the ambition of becoming a champion, you have to score in this match 

and at Nou Camp

Blue Armour likes this

6 hours ago, Iggy Doonican said:

. Morata will have to have a Road to Damascus type conversion attitude wise and from what I've heard even though he's playing in a struggling side Tammy Abraham has looked extremely average. I think it was a mistake letting Traore go I was always impressed with him when he was given the chance.

Agree but drogba went through similar. He seemed unsettled in his first couple of seasons and i remember in his second one he was booed by our own fans for diving and his general on pitch behaviour and histrionics. 

I must admit that the last few weeks have been alarming, we need to see what he's made of.

Good thing is he has been so poor recently he shouldn't have a chance to play at the World Cup. For the entire summer, he should spend days practising finishing and evenings at the gym.

3 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

Good thing is he has been so poor recently he shouldn't have a chance to play at the World Cup. For the entire summer, he should spend days practising finishing and evenings at the gym.

If we are worried about his confidence getting dropped by us, his confidence would never recover if Spain dropped him from the squad this summer.

Just now, Sir Mikel OBE said:

If we are worried about his confidence getting dropped by us, his confidence would never recover if Spain dropped him from the squad this summer.

Do Spain even have good strikers anymore?

Just now, Georgy said:

They have the second best striker in the premier league last season.

23 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

Alvaro this is your moment. If you have the ambition of becoming a champion, you have to score in this match 

and at Nou Camp

If Morata scores and we get through at the Nou Camp, I'll eat my hat. 

If we are ever going to get through and who are the starmen, one of the LAST people I'll look at is Morata. I'll be dancing in joy (and eat my hat) if I'm proven wrong, but that seems very unlikely.

Amblève. likes this

Drogba's attitude in his first season was arguably worse, and he was on the floor even more than Morata. Don't forget, fans at Stamford Bridge booed him because of his antics. He needs better management, because if he concentrated on football rather than winning cheap fouls (you can take the boy out of Madrid, etc. etc.), he'd be decent!

communicate likes this

On 3/2/2018 at 7:00 AM, LAM09 said:
On 3/2/2018 at 5:48 AM, Georgy said:

Costa is probably their best bet

Morata is better for Spain than Costa. Costa game is way too unclean for Spain, I am. Not talking about his temperament but his passing and his touch 

Like most people here said, we need to give him time. For a player whose game does not suit EPL football his goal scoring record is not that bad. He simply need to go to they gym and get stronger and he will be fine. 

Antonio8 likes this

21 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

Drogba's attitude in his first season was arguably worse, and he was on the floor even more than Morata. Don't forget, fans at Stamford Bridge booed him because of his antics. He needs better management, because if he concentrated on football rather than winning cheap fouls (you can take the boy out of Madrid, etc. etc.), he'd be decent!

That was then this is now. I would imagine the likes of Terry, Lampard etc  had a word with Drogba to cut out the theatrics. Morata like Cuadrado is not suited to English football and I just can't see him turning it round. The difference between him and Costa is off the scale one put himself about and was fearless while Morata looks like a kid who's playing with older boys and keeps whining to the teacher that their being to rough with him.

1 hour ago, communicate said:

Like most people here said, we need to give him time. For a player whose game does not suit EPL football his goal scoring record is not that bad. He simply need to go to they gym and get stronger and he will be fine. 

Giving him time is one thing but he's not helping himself by constantly going to ground, moaning to referees, is he? If he's putting in the effort at the very least, then I think the fans can give him leeway and be patient. But he's not and he's not even scoring goals. For all the antics that Costa used to do on the pitch last time, at least he scores goals on a regular basis.

Morata is better for Spain than Costa. Costa game is way too unclean for Spain, I am. Not talking about his temperament but his passing and his touch 
That might be the case but Morata can't be first choice and fortunate to be in the squad at all on recent form.