Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

8 minutes ago, Tomo said:

Although I'm not advocating this particular debate carrying on, I don't see the problem with things occasionally going off topic, many decent debate has started that way.

Eventually things always go back in natural order which is all that matters.

Yes, I know. But if we take in consideration that the Mourinho thread is already quite active, plus another one or two thread in the transfer section have the last post with José mentioned in them, and Fernando's knack of repeating himself over and over without actually adding anything meaningful to the conversation e.g. his latest post here, it's better to drop it quickly and painlessly.

Spain have a relatively easy group at the Euros and Morata will lead the line for them in France. Could easily bang a few in the group stages and his price will go 15-20m up in a blink. Could flop as well, but I doubt it, Spain seems motivated than ever to do well in France. And they will.

Watched Morata speaking today and he said that if a transfer is in place for him, he wants it to be done by the start of the tournament. He does not want to go into the tournament thinking of anything else but the national team.

Spain only play on Monday so let's hope things clear up by then. 

1 minute ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Spain have a relatively easy group at the Euros and Morata will lead the line for them in France. Could easily bang a few in the group stages and his price will go 10-15m up in a blink. Could flop as well, but I doubt it, Spain seems motivated than ever to do well in France. And they will.

Watched Morata speaking today and he said that if a transfer is in place for him, he wants it to be done by the start of the tournament. He does not want going into the tournament thinking of anything else but the national team.

And with just our luck, Morata to score a hatrick in group stages, and to leave the Euros as the tournament's top goal scorer. I'd go mad, as I'm a huge Morata fan, and at 23, time is his best friend. 

That being said, I hope he does flop, and puts in forgettable performances at the Euros. As much as He may want the deal to get finished by Monday, that'll never happen in my opinion. Because it's not just Chelsea, Juve and Morata's agent involved, but RM too and their buyback option.

Hopefully we can get this deal done regardless of his self impossed deadline, as I'd be over the moon to have him in Chelsea blue. 

10 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Spain have a relatively easy group at the Euros and Morata will lead the line for them in France. Could easily bang a few in the group stages and his price will go 15-20m up in a blink. Could flop as well, but I doubt it, Spain seems motivated than ever to do well in France. And they will.

Watched Morata speaking today and he said that if a transfer is in place for him, he wants it to be done by the start of the tournament. He does not want to go into the tournament thinking of anything else but the national team.

I am not sure what can be done by Monday, to be honest.  I mean if Real Madrid are definitely not going to consider selling him (if it's up to them at the moment) until they buy him back, we have to wait until mid-July.as i think their option to buy him back only exists between July 1 and 15th.

So could possibly try offering Juventus big money before then, as they technically own him. Weird situation, hopefully though we do get some news this week

18 minutes ago, ChelseaFanUK said:

I am not sure what can be done by Monday, to be honest.  I mean if Real Madrid are definitely not going to consider selling him (if it's up to them at the moment) until they buy him back, we have to wait until mid-July.as i think their option to buy him back only exists between July 1 and 15th.

So could possibly try offering Juventus big money before then, as they technically own him. Weird situation, hopefully though we do get some news this week

That sounds odd. What would be the point of a binding buy-back clause if it can be circumvented merely by bringing the selling date forward? I'd be very surprised if that is really the case.

Obviously if that loophole does exist then Real are a non-factor until July but, even if Real's buy back option is binding as of now, that needn't hold up the deal. If the two clubs want to do it, all that needs to happen is that we, or any buyer, just pay Real a fee to waive their right to repurchase Morata's contract. Rumour has it Real want €40m for his registration. If that is the figure agreed then the buyer just pays Juve the amount stipulated by the buy-back clause, and the rest to Real. Deal done.

3 hours ago, LondonsFinest said:

Do people really read what I am saying. The transfer can't be done officialy until, at least,  July 1. The only possible thing is for Us and Real to strike a deal in principle or a pre-contract. Doubt that could get reported.

We definitely do. :) As @Tomo points out however, what you say here is not quite right.

40 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

We definitely do. :) As @Tomo points out however, what you say here is not quite right.

Agree, but see my post after that. 

@petre.ispirescu What did he say about a transfer? If so be it, than a deal could be struck with RM early.

This is what gets me with us sometimes. We will pay out £40 million for Morata, but we aren't willing to pay more for Nainggolan when midfield is an area we need to upgrade most. Don't get me wrong, Morata will be a fantastic addition to our front line, but still feels like we're neglecting the areas we need to strengthen most. 

22 minutes ago, It's too big said:

This is what gets me with us sometimes. We will pay out £40 million for Morata, but we aren't willing to pay more for Nainggolan when midfield is an area we need to upgrade most. Don't get me wrong, Morata will be a fantastic addition to our front line, but still feels like we're neglecting the areas we need to strengthen most. 

probably given up on him, and going for kante, much easier to get.

Loads of names bounded about at the start of the Silly Season, but I am a fan of this bloke, and we need at least one good signing before the Euros

Pace, power, 2 feet, good in air, 23, not big ego. Can play with a second striker. At 23 can only get better under Conte