test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

The Skipper

Álvaro Morata

Started by The Skipper,

2,834 posts in this topic

Good technique. Hard to really evaluate though, played as a winger for most of the game when we barely had any possession in the opponents zone. I think for sure though that his cameo was better than anything Bats did (except for the goal). I hope he gets to play a bit longer as a CF next game. 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Ramires7 said:

played like torres

As if Torres could control a football, let alone do something with it... (assuming you mean Chelsea Torres)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Ramires7 said:

played like torres

He reminds me of him soo much it's scary. The way he runs with the ball and of it. 

Fernando and El P. like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

too early to judge him, he needs to play more minutes against Inter, needs to gain match fitness, he will come good, just needs time, on a sidenote i must confess im enjoying very much Bats scoring form, for me he gets the nod to start against the gunners in the CS, we´ll see, the lad is on a mission this season to prove any doubters wrong, long may his scoring form continue, he´s got something really special about him, his hunger and desire to fight for the team and pop up with goals will make him a Chelsea great in the future, i really hope so.

Chelsea? likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

too early to judge him, he needs to play more minutes against Inter, needs to gain match fitness, he will come good, just needs time, on a sidenote i must confess im enjoying very much Bats scoring form, for me he gets the nod to start against the gunners in the CS, we´ll see, the lad is on a mission this season to prove any doubters wrong, long may his scoring form continue, he´s got something really special about him, his hunger and desire to fight for the team and pop up with goals will make him a Chelsea great in the future, i really hope so.

Did u not see him against BM he was useless morata needs to be giving a chance down the middle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BluesMadLad said:

Did u not see him against BM he was useless morata needs to be giving a chance down the middle.

chill pls, he might be useless to you, but to me he´s not, if he´s so useless how did he score against Bayern?, im not going to bash him like you do and judge him by this game, i really want Bats to thrive here at Chelsea, he wants to fight for his place at Chelsea, he can still improve on many aspects of his game of course, but he will get there with time, maybe if it was for you probably  he would never have a chance to play, you speak as if Morata is Messi or something, he still hasnt done anything yet, hold your horses, he might start scoring for fun soon and probably will be the leading man, you dont pay that much for a striker to be on the bench, so he will play, but at the moment Bats is showing Conte he wants that starting role up front and he has every right to, his scoring form is evidence of that, if not now when will he get a chance to play, he deserves respect. Cheers

Chelsea? and DDA like this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

chill pls, he might be useless to you, but to me he´s not, if he´s so useless how did he score against Bayern?, im not going to bash him like you do and judge him by this game, i really want Bats to thrive here at Chelsea, he wants to fight for his place at Chelsea, he can still improve on many aspects of his game of course, but he will get there with time, maybe if it was for you probably  he would never have a chance to play, you speak as if Morata is Messi or something, he still hasnt done anything yet, hold your horses, he might start scoring for fun soon and probably will be the leading man, you dont pay that much for a striker to be on the bench, so he will play, but at the moment Bats is showing Conte he wants that starting role up front and he has every right to, his scoring form is evidence of that, if not now when will he get a chance to play, he deserves respect. Cheers

Bashing him? Think your response is way OTT, I said he was useless against BM not that he was the anti Christ. Second point I speak as if morata is messi???? By saying what exactly, that he needs a chance down the middle?????? How did u get that conclusion I will never know. Sounds more like your trying to convince your self.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Johnnyeye said:

chill pls, he might be useless to you, but to me he´s not, if he´s so useless how did he score against Bayern?, im not going to bash him like you do and judge him by this game, i really want Bats to thrive here at Chelsea, he wants to fight for his place at Chelsea, he can still improve on many aspects of his game of course, but he will get there with time, maybe if it was for you probably  he would never have a chance to play, you speak as if Morata is Messi or something, he still hasnt done anything yet, hold your horses, he might start scoring for fun soon and probably will be the leading man, you dont pay that much for a striker to be on the bench, so he will play, but at the moment Bats is showing Conte he wants that starting role up front and he has every right to, his scoring form is evidence of that, if not now when will he get a chance to play, he deserves respect. Cheers

I thought Bats was poor. In his defence, he did not get much to work with just as the other front two, but never the less he just seems to struggle to be aware of his surroundings. When he gets the ball in a somewhat dangerous area he instantly seems to only see the goal, and he is not very good at holding on to the ball. Getting a goal does not equal a good performance. Alonso scored as well, that did not mean that he had a good game (also, Bats missed an absolute sitter in the sequence where Alonso scored).
I think he will be great as either a super-sub, or as the main man against lower quality teams. 
 

Johnnyeye likes this

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You guys think it might be a possibility that we start against Arsenal with Morata on the wing, due to pedro not being able to train a lot until then ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.