Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

2 minutes ago, LAM09 said:

Talk of his finishing ability in general has to be questioned. I'm sure he's missed a sitter in almost every game he's featured in.

Don't know how much longer his headers can hide the fact that he has actually been woeful at finishing

My biggest worry with Morata is his lack of fight. It keeps rearing it’s head even though he has shown glimpses of fight. Thoroughly bullied by old school English defending. 

And his finishing? Well...

1 minute ago, The Skipper said:

My biggest worry with Morata is his lack of fight. It keeps rearing it’s head even though he has shown glimpses of fight. Thoroughly bullied by old school English defending. 

He's been here for months and has anyone actually told him that referees don't give cheap fouls? He keeps going down so easily every single game, expecting the referee to give a foul. The Premier League is NOT La Liga OR Champions League FFS! :doh:

Can we now please admit to ourselves the obvious things? Or are we still in the "give him time, he has good goal-scoring record" period? :)

Man is Torres with magnificent heading skills. I'm not saying that we could've bought better striker. But let's not lie to ourselves.

And his finishing? Well...
Only game he's shown real character was against Utd. Had something against Mou?

2 hours ago, Special said:

Morata is our weakness. He can’t control and pass the ball well. The way he plays reminds me of Oscar. We sure need another striker. He will never be good enough for us. Exactly like Oscar.

He isn't our weakness, he is just not a top player. I may have compared him with Torres, that was a bit harsh - maybe he's like Torres from 2013 when he scored 20 goals. Same insecurity, same lack of composure. From our current squad, I would say he is on level with Fabregas.

Hazard, Kante and Azpi, with Courtois somewhat behind them, are still our best players. After them, Fabregas and Morata. And last tier would be our most average players - Alonso, Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Drinkwater. Christy and Rudy, don't know where to put them yet. And Bakayoko is of course behind all.

8 hours ago, El P. said:

He isn't our weakness, he is just not a top player. I may have compared him with Torres, that was a bit harsh - maybe he's like Torres from 2013 when he scored 20 goals. Same insecurity, same lack of composure. From our current squad, I would say he is on level with Fabregas.

Hazard, Kante and Azpi, with Courtois somewhat behind them, are still our best players. After them, Fabregas and Morata. And last tier would be our most average players - Alonso, Cahill, Luiz, Moses, Drinkwater. Christy and Rudy, don't know where to put them yet. And Bakayoko is of course behind all.

I’m not saying we have the best goalkeeper in the world, but our goalkeeper is good. Our defenders are good. Our midfielders are good. Not all of them are the best but they are good. And yes, I prefer a young Frank Lampard to this Fabregas. But fabregas is good. He can help us.

But Morata is weak. He can’t be our main striker. The way a player touches and controls the ball, the way he passes and... shows if he is a good player or not. 

Unfortunately Morata can’t make it here. He is weak and he makes us weak.

Strikers must be deadly. Diego Milito had 2 opportunities in 2010 champions league final and scored 2. Now look what Morata did with his chance against Manchester United. One of the funniest movements in EPL history.

==============

I remember Oscar also had a lot of supporters here. What happened to him will happen to Morata soon.

1 hour ago, Special said:

I’m not saying we have the best goalkeeper in the world, but our goalkeeper is good. Our defenders are good. Our midfielders are good. Not all of them are the best but they are good. And yes, I prefer a young Frank Lampard to this Fabregas. But fabregas is good. He can help us.

But Morata is weak. He can’t be our main striker. The way a player touches and controls the ball, the way he passes and... shows if he is a good player or not. 

Unfortunately Morata can’t make it here. He is weak and he makes us weak.

Strikers must be deadly. Diego Milito had 2 opportunities in 2010 champions league final and scored 2. Now look what Morata did with his chance against Manchester United. One of the funniest movements in EPL history.

bill-bailey-gif.gif

I like this boy but his accuracy is poor. I'm certain Michy or Diego would have buried that late chance... Somehow, because of a few half decent headers, he is beyond reproach in this team. And don't give me the "doesn't have enough service" bullshit that Chelsea fans default to. 

2 hours ago, BlueLion. said:

I like this boy but his accuracy is poor. I'm certain Michy or Diego would have buried that late chance... Somehow, because of a few half decent headers, he is beyond reproach in this team. And don't give me the "doesn't have enough service" bullshit that Chelsea fans default to. 

He is beyond reproach because Michy is beyond bad whenever he starts games.