Álvaro Morata

Captain Ahmed

Alvaro Morata isn't the right starting striker for Chelsea, if we plan on competing in EPL and CL

By iabayev11 on Dec 1, 2017, 11:15pm GMT 13

Morata isn't as good as the rest of Chelsea's squad.

I've watched every minute Morata played in a Chelsea jersey and prayed for him not to turn out a flop. Most of the fans and critics praise his stats, goals scored and assists, however in my opinion he is only good to be our back up striker.

He is too soft for EPL and CL. For example, in the game vs Swansea, he fell as many times as he touched the ball and the ref didn't buy his bs. For Chelsea's #1 striker he barely made any opportunities/ good shots on target. Mo Salah scored two goals as sub in 20min....Morata did nothing the whole game. As a matter of fact, every time Tbo kicks the ball to the other half and Morata is supposed to hold up play - the same outcome occurs. The defender overpowers Morata 99% of the times, we lose the ball and that is it.

There are times where he plays on a world class level, however his inconsistency will cause Chelsea wins each and every game. Chelsea deserves a striker way better than a clumsy nice guy Morata, both in dribbling, shots, power, hold up play, runs etc. (Didier) It is crazy to think how much better our team would be if we had for example Harry Kane as a striker. I truly believe that Morata is our weakest link. Sometime, I'd even prefer playing Michy instead of AM, due to his quickness and ability to be at the right place and at the right time.

As January window coming up soon, Chelsea really needs to acquire a world class striker to have any chance in the CL..maybe Aubameyang, maybe someone else. But with Alvaro starting every game....

I honestly hope I am wrong.

In Conte we trust.

IA

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/12/1/16726092/alvaro-morata-isnt-the-right-starting-striker-for-chelsea-if-we-plan

12 minutes ago, Blusan Alamb said:

Alvaro Morata isn't the right starting striker for Chelsea, if we plan on competing in EPL and CL

By iabayev11 on Dec 1, 2017, 11:15pm GMT 13

Morata isn't as good as the rest of Chelsea's squad.

I've watched every minute Morata played in a Chelsea jersey and prayed for him not to turn out a flop. Most of the fans and critics praise his stats, goals scored and assists, however in my opinion he is only good to be our back up striker.

He is too soft for EPL and CL. For example, in the game vs Swansea, he fell as many times as he touched the ball and the ref didn't buy his bs. For Chelsea's #1 striker he barely made any opportunities/ good shots on target. Mo Salah scored two goals as sub in 20min....Morata did nothing the whole game. As a matter of fact, every time Tbo kicks the ball to the other half and Morata is supposed to hold up play - the same outcome occurs. The defender overpowers Morata 99% of the times, we lose the ball and that is it.

There are times where he plays on a world class level, however his inconsistency will cause Chelsea wins each and every game. Chelsea deserves a striker way better than a clumsy nice guy Morata, both in dribbling, shots, power, hold up play, runs etc. (Didier) It is crazy to think how much better our team would be if we had for example Harry Kane as a striker. I truly believe that Morata is our weakest link. Sometime, I'd even prefer playing Michy instead of AM, due to his quickness and ability to be at the right place and at the right time.

As January window coming up soon, Chelsea really needs to acquire a world class striker to have any chance in the CL..maybe Aubameyang, maybe someone else. But with Alvaro starting every game....

I honestly hope I am wrong.

In Conte we trust.

IA

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2017/12/1/16726092/alvaro-morata-isnt-the-right-starting-striker-for-chelsea-if-we-plan

I'm sorry but :lol::lol::lol:

32 minutes ago, Pizy said:

Watching Lukaku once again today and the difference is so evident. Lukaku doesn't offer nearly as much as Alvaro does. Doesn't really contribute at all in general play.

It's wierd seeing Jose never subs him off, even at the expense of team balance (shifting him to the right and taking off a winger for Zlatan instead of making a straight swap, similar today, logic suggests he goes off for Rashford but Young did). Based on that and the way he left us, im starting to wonder if, what swung the deal in United's favour was Jose promising him unconditional full matches, and if that's the case im even more glad we didn't get him than i am already.

On 03/12/2017 at 0:17 AM, Tomo said:

It's wierd seeing Jose never subs him off, even at the expense of team balance (shifting him to the right and taking off a winger for Zlatan instead of making a straight swap, similar today, logic suggests he goes off for Rashford but Young did). Based on that and the way he left us, im starting to wonder if, what swung the deal in United's favour was Jose promising him unconditional full matches, and if that's the case im even more glad we didn't get him than i am already.

Nah, I just think Jose likes Lukaku’s (new) mentality now.  

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/3297364/antonio-conte-will-be-just-fine-at-chelsea-michael-emenalo

Emenalo admitted that Conte was frustrated to miss out on Lukaku, but insisted that the episode has had no lasting impact on Chelsea.

"As everybody knows in every walk of life, you develop an idea and you have a policy in mind and you have an intent, and if it doesn't go the way you want, there is some level of disappointment," he added.

"But I can tell you today Conte is extremely happy with Alvaro Morata, and I think that is down to Morata and is also down to the fantastic work they do at Cobham.

"There are no ill feelings now, I think he's moved on from that and he's just focused on trying to get through what is a tough schedule and to try and find some rhythm with the team again."

Emenalo essentially confirming that Lukaku was the first choice target. Biggest bullet ever dodged?

1 hour ago, Jason said:

http://www.espn.co.uk/football/chelsea/story/3297364/antonio-conte-will-be-just-fine-at-chelsea-michael-emenalo

Emenalo essentially confirming that Lukaku was the first choice target. Biggest bullet ever dodged?

Without a doubt. I’d hate to see what Morata could do and bring to their team with the depth of attacking players United have like Mata, Martial, Rashford and Mkhitiryian. Imagine they had a CF who could properly link with those players (probably Zlatan can but surely he will be 2nd choice), would make a hell of a difference.

For the money we paid for Morata (or would of paid for Lukaku), it’s so clear how much better of a deal we got. Obviously strikers are there to score goals yes but Morata has so much more to offer.

5 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Without a doubt. I’d hate to see what Morata could do and bring to their team with the depth of attacking players United have like Mata, Martial, Rashford and Mkhitiryian. Imagine they had a CF who could properly link with those players (probably Zlatan can but surely he will be 2nd choice), would make a hell of a difference.

For the money we paid for Morata (or would of paid for Lukaku), it’s so clear how much better of a deal we got. Obviously strikers are there to score goals yes but Morata has so much more to offer.

Funny thing is, Morata wasn't even United's first choice considering they were targeting Griezmann before that. As for us, genuinely curious on what Conte saw in Lukaku and thought he would be perfect for us.

Just now, Jason said:

Funny thing is, Morata wasn't even United's first choice considering they were targeting Griezmann before that. As for us, genuinely curious on what Conte saw in Lukaku and thought he would be perfect for us.

Yeah it’s weird. I generally thought that Morata would of been his first choice as he signed him at Juventus, although he didn’t coach him but still maybe he wasn’t exactly sure how Morata would do being first choice playing every week as he has been a impact sub or squad player more often than not. Who knows, thought the club were pushing for Lukaku as opposed to Conte.

3 minutes ago, OneMoSalah said:

Yeah it’s weird. I generally thought that Morata would of been his first choice as he signed him at Juventus, although he didn’t coach him but still maybe he wasn’t exactly sure how Morata would do being first choice playing every week as he has been a impact sub or squad player more often than not. Who knows, thought the club were pushing for Lukaku as opposed to Conte.

Maybe but when you see what Morata has said about Conte - e.g. the coach who believed in him, he's willing to die for him - you would think Conte knows all about him and has a plan on how to bring the best out of him. Guess Conte wanted someone who already knows the Premier League and one will need less time to adapt while being able to compete effectively on all fronts.

19 minutes ago, Jason said:

I think Jose wanted both actually. He wanted Griezmann for a long time and the Morata rumours started to emerge after Zlatan's injury. Griezmann's alternative was most likely Perisic.

As for Conte wanting Lukaku over Morata I seem to recall The Telegraph reporting Conte liked Morata but was worried about his work off the ball, quite baffling if you ask me but they were the ones who leaked the info.

Having seen the Alan Shearer documentary about ex-footballers developing dementia due (allegedly) to heading the ball so many times, I've genuine concern re: Morata. I already love him, and regardless of that fact, any player / person doesn't deserve dementia. That's the only reason I want him to start scoring with his feet more - to the point he's so good with his feet, that he can actually be instructed by an ITK manager to start heading less. 

I headed the ball twice when i was growing up before deciding it wasn't for me. Absolutely shook my skull, gave me a headache and I could hear the blood swooshing around; no idea how these pro's do it first in training, then in games. (Then became a goalkeeper for a while; my first save was my foot, ricocheting with force straight back where it came from, up the leg of the striker, straight into his nose, breaking it, making the toughest guy of the town cry. I shat myself.)

1 hour ago, OneMoSalah said:

As usual overrating rival team players... Mata doesn't even play and is not good enough. Martial is a good player I must admit. Rashford is not someone who would link up well with anyone and Mkhitaryan can't adapt at Man Utd at all... They don't have players like Cesc and Hazard. Morata can hardly have better players to link up in EPL than he has at Chelsea.

1 hour ago, Tautvix said:

As usual overrating rival team players... Mata doesn't even play and is not good enough. Martial is a good player I must admit. Rashford is not someone who would link up well with anyone and Mkhitaryan can't adapt at Man Utd at all... They don't have players like Cesc and Hazard. Morata can hardly have better players to link up in EPL than he has at Chelsea.

Acknowledging how they are good players who would benefit, like Hazard has, from having somebody good to link up with? How is that overrating them? I never said they were better than Cesc or Hazard and yes I’m aware they haven’t been as good as the start of the season but they all offer something and give United decent depth in wide positions. Also Mkhitaryan started this season on fire. 

8 hours ago, Rapkun said:

I think Jose wanted both actually. He wanted Griezmann for a long time and the Morata rumours started to emerge after Zlatan's injury. Griezmann's alternative was most likely Perisic.

Doubt it. Think the plan for Mourinho with Perisic was to play him out wide. Why would he do that with Griezmann, who is more of a striker these days and is half the player when pushed out wide?

I like him a lot, though more as a person than player - but remember we didn't sign a great striker here. We signed a very good one, given the current landscape of the game, because we were desperate. We went home with a 7 simply because we had no hope of securing a 10. The only way this deal proves to be of value is if we revert to a 4-2-3-1, keep him & Hazard central, but also add 2 incredible wingers who make up for when Morata doesn't score, and at the same time, make the chance of him scoring increase tenfold.