Tiemoue Bakayoko

the wes

Positional awareness is severely lacking. Having kante press like a hound, im not sure you want Baka as his partner suring up after. 

Someone said he has the same confidence on the ball as Cahill. I see that alright. I just keep thinking, ARE YOU FUCKING DAY DREAMING OR SOMETHING? midfield is the least forgiving position for that. 

It's like he could be sitting watching the lottery draw with his ticket in his hand. First ball comes up, he checks his ticket, he has that number. Second ball, quick check . . . Yep! On his ticket. Rinse and repeat for all numbers and . . . . . . It would still take him 60 seconds to realise he's won

1 hour ago, The Skipper said:

Guy’s had no preseason and is carrying an injury and still played. Yes, bad game, but he didn’t let the mistake get to him and was a lot better after it. 

Still has to work on his awareness a lot, but he’ll get better. Just love that he stepped up for his team today even though he was in pain/injured. 

He will have a moster game against Man United and these twats will be saying, "Matic who" again.

He did have a shcoker today though in terms of what is expected.

the pitch forks are out already ffs guys give the fella time to settle in the PL he's starting in a new country and a new league give him time some Chelsea fans have short memories Drogba wasn't great in his first season 

Give the lad some time. 

I rate him highly and him and Kante are beast. 

Just that we need to upgrade Fabregas, instead we got Drinkwater....

Although to be fair Drinkwater might be good for squad depth, but need an upgrade to Fabregas. 

44 minutes ago, Fernando said:

Give the lad some time. 

I rate him highly and him and Kante are beast. 

Just that we need to upgrade Fabregas, instead we got Drinkwater....

Although to be fair Drinkwater might be good for squad depth, but need an upgrade to Fabregas. 

I agree mate fabregas needs upgraded everytime fabregas plays alongside Kante or Baka in a two man midfield are midfield gets over run I would go for goretzka 

9 minutes ago, the wes said:

I agree mate fabregas needs upgraded everytime fabregas plays alongside Kante or Baka in a two man midfield are midfield gets over run I would go for goretzka 

Fabregas is a player with such an individual skillset that it is hard to simply upgrade on him. You probably rather buy an alternative to him someone who offers different qualities but you will bot get a better version of the same player. Goretzka is basically the German Bakayoko. Really similar players.

6 hours ago, Leif said:

Do you think the board were into Bakayoko before Monaco's last season? I doubt it. I think they just threw money at a flavour of the month.

We can say the same for Kante also, but Kante turned out to be a great signing, right?
Even Conte said that he wanted to integrate him slowly into the starting 11, but with the sell of Matic, that wasn't possible. I agree he got some bad games, he hasn't proven his worth yet, but he got a surgery before the season, didn't manage to get a pre-season and now he has to play between 3 days. Not ideal for him and his fitness, that's why probably his performances suffer. But he is young and I think he can improve a lot under Conte and become a serious part of Chelsea team in the future.

2 hours ago, Magic Lamps said:

Fabregas is a player with such an individual skillset that it is hard to simply upgrade on him. You probably rather buy an alternative to him someone who offers different qualities but you will bot get a better version of the same player. Goretzka is basically the German Bakayoko. Really similar players.

Sergej Milinkovic Savic or Kovacic would be my picks. 

Sms is absolutely fantastic midfielder, Kovacic is too but I think it would be realy expensive and difficult to get him out of Madrid (but I can see him leave if he doesnt get enough playtime)

6 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Sms is absolutely fantastic midfielder, Kovacic is too but I think it would be realy expensive and difficult to get him out of Madrid (but I can see him leave if he doesnt get enough playtime)

Kante -sms would be a fantastic 2!

8 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Sms is not really someone who will dictate the tempo though and I feel that is our biggest need right now. How about Oliver Torres or Seri?