test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

Tiemoue Bakayoko

Started by Jason,

1,296 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, Sideshow Luiz said:

So, I guess Milan aren't going to be interested in exercising that option to buy, huh?

LOL, they literally will be saying, 'We paid £4.5m to loan him, and it's worth whats left to get him the fuck away from the rest of our team!'

Another Marina special!!!

Can't believe Baka was a loan and not a permamove. Milan will ship Baka back to us the second the season is done.

Don't want to see him in a blue shirt again FFS.

Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this

35 minutes ago, Mana said:

Can't believe Baka was a loan and not a permamove. Milan will ship Baka back to us the second the season is done.

Don't want to see him in a blue shirt again FFS.

Sooner than that if reports are to be believed. He's an utter mess in Serie A

Vesper and bigbluewillie like this

23 hours ago, LAM09 said:

Sooner than that if reports are to be believed. He's an utter mess in Serie A

He is on verge of being unsaleable. Same for Drinkwater (unless we pay at least half his wages). What a fucking self-inflicted nightmare. £150m or so up in smoke on just those two donkeys counting wages, fees, insurance!

LAM09 and Dazzy_Vance like this

He is on verge of being unsaleable. Same for Drinkwater (unless we pay at least half his wages). What a fucking self-inflicted nightmare. £150m or so up in smoke on just those two donkeys counting wages, fees, insurance!
Yep. I think an English team would happily take DD for around half of what we paid, but Baka might have to see out his contract at this rate.

I really hope our squad is put in order within in the next two windows. Too much deadwood is a ringing theme in recent years.
bigbluewillie likes this

Happy for him. In hindsight it’s easy to criticise buying him but he was good at Monaco and even showed the occasional glimpse with us. Hopefully he can turn it around permanently and forge a successful career somewhere far away from Chelsea.

3 hours ago, Robguima said:

As someone who never saw anything special about him at Monaco (much less with us), scouting and signing is never a sure thing and things are much easier in hindsight.

hiwever, I cannot imagine a club like Barcelona or even city (with Guardiola or not given they embraced the style) ever going for a player who never really showed the particular things those clubs look for.

I am glad that our new signings are going the right direction.

I rated him, I watched a lot of his games at Monaco (a couple live as my father has a flat there in La Condamine and he has season tickets). By far my worst recco ever. Literally. Hopefully he comes good enough that we get fair pay when we sell.

Only thing I can say in my defence is that I REALLY REALLLLLY wanted Bernardo Silva far more than Baka off the team. Mbappe first (obviously) the Bernardo, then Lemar, then Baka, then Mendy.

Figures we end up with the only shit one out of the lot, lolol

Dazzy_Vance likes this

4 hours ago, Vesper said:

I rated him, I watched a lot of his games at Monaco (a couple live as my father has a flat there in La Condamine and he has season tickets). By far my worst recco ever. Literally. Hopefully he comes good enough that we get fair pay when we sell.

Only thing I can say in my defence is that I REALLY REALLLLLY wanted Bernardo Silva far more than Baka off the team. Mbappe first (obviously) the Bernardo, then Lemar, then Baka, then Mendy.

Figures we end up with the only shit one out of the lot, lolol

That happens. You saw a powerful midfielder making good runs a la Yaya. 

The thing however is that not even the club that once had Yaya as their most important player would want another at this time.

it’s just the trend of the game and the most successful systems use passers not carriers. 

Diitto on the other names, but still not entirely convinced about any of them (mbappe aside). There is showing something at Monaco and then there is doing the same at a big club - very diff things. I’ve seen so many potentially wonderful players fail at top clubs that I usually take all that with a grain of salt.

Still can't believe this guy was regarded as a top DM who could do everything and basically regarded as the second coming of Yaya Toure 😂 I mean Matic had short comings but never seen a more hapless MF player for Chelsea in years. 

Lets hope his form doesnt go back to what it has been for the majority of the seaosn and Milan buy him off us.

That's good, if he improves his performances he might draw some serious interest from outside. My only worry is that if he starts playing well for an extended period (especially before transfer windows), then our board will keep him. So I hope he plays well enough to lure buyers, but not well enough for the board to keep him.