test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

2. Antonio Rudiger

Started by Jason,

671 posts in this topic

I wouldn't say he was that amazing today as he got himself into a couple of bad positions and against rushed out and missed something and Zouma had to bail him out. 

For me, Rudi is going to be saved by the age and quality of the rest of our CB's but I do not really want him to be anything more than CB3 next year. 

killer1257 and 1chelsea like this

29 minutes ago, Jason said:

Fair play to him for saying this. Now lets hope he has 2 great perfomrnaces. We need those.

killer1257 and Johnnyeye like this

It is a surprise how much Rudi has regressed this year. In the last two years, I'd be confident he would stop most of the Arsenal counters down that right side yesterday by using his pace and power.

Don't think there's any danger of Rudi being sold this summer. I think Zouma might be for a good fee or Tomori is loaned even though selling Rudi/Chris/Zouma makes more sense 

Like I said many times before this season started. Rüdiger is famous for making stupid mistakes and lacks football IQ. It is too late for him to learn the basics.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Puliiszola, Alabama, mkh and 1 other like this

On 02/08/2020 at 9:55 AM, killer1257 said:

Like I said many times before this season started. Rüdiger is famous for making stupid mistakes and lacks football IQ. It is too late for him to learn the basics.

Gesendet von meinem VOG-L29 mit Tapatalk

Have to agree. Even in the previous seasons he was doing stupid things but was bailed out. His primary problem is his how rash he is, however his lack of reading the game is a real killer imo. 

At the moment, our biggest problem is that our CB's collectively all have serious weaknesses in their game and no matter what combination you put together, they can be got at:

AC - Pros - Good reader of the game, knows when to step up (however this is actually a problem when playing with either Zouma or Rudi as neither do, so they end up playing people onside), comfortable on the ball if not spectacular. Cons - super weak physically for a CB and mentally weak too as mistakes get to him, also weak in the air. 

Zouma - Pros - super quick, strong and decent in the air (his aerial ability does annoy me though as it has no finesse to it as he just slams his head into things and it can go anywhere). Cons - Low football IQ, poor positional play, very poor with the ball under pressure. 

Rudi - Pros - Strong, quick and passionate. Cons - low football IQ, easy drawn out of position/cut in on, rash. 

Tomori - Pros - Comfortable on the ball, quick, good physical strength. Cons - overplays in dangerous positions, loses concentration often, short/weak in the air. 

Essentially all four are what I would class as CB3/4 for a top four side. For me Tomori/AC have more of a chance at becoming first team players at a top 4 club as they have a stronger grip on the basics and if they had someone leading them, I reckon their play would improve. Rudi/Zouma are pretty much at their level. 

killer1257 likes this

I don't think he's good enough to play for CFC. Just to imagine that at the beginning of the season when he was injured I was waiting for his speed recovery thinking he's our best CB and he's gonna improve our defence line... Oh boy how wrong I was! He's super prone to mistakes and quite often he's running like headless chicken.

xPetrCechx, NikkiCFC and Fernando like this

6 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he would look much better with someone like VVD.

Anybody would. If Liverpool want him for whatever reason, we mustn't sell and potentially strengthen their squad.

Blue Armour likes this

8 minutes ago, NikkiCFC said:

I think he would look much better with someone like VVD.

To be fair, any one would.

Vesper likes this

13 hours ago, Puliiszola said:

Apparently wanted by Liverpool. Sell god damn it, sell. 

and keep AC and Zouma???

we cannot buy THREE CB's in one window, lololol

well 3 good ones

57 minutes ago, Vesper said:

and keep AC and Zouma???

we cannot buy THREE CB's in one window, lololol

well 3 good ones

Zouma has been our best CB so yes, I would say keep him

AC is shit, but getting a buyer in the current market will be even tougher. 

Point is most reports says that we need to sell one before buying, and if it's Rudi who can do that, so be it. We will hardly be losing a player of quality, and if we can replace him with Rice, then quite good.

2 minutes ago, Puliiszola said:

Zouma has been our best CB so yes, I would say keep him

AC is shit, but getting a buyer in the current market will be even tougher. 

Point is most reports says that we need to sell one before buying, and if it's Rudi who can do that, so be it. We will hardly be losing a player of quality, and if we can replace him with Rice, then quite good.

Zouma is shit

he is absolutely a joke on the ball, and ball watches like Luiz

he is capable of a great tackle, but his overall game spatial awareness is just abhorrent

Rudiger pre injury was streets ahead

if he doesn't regain form (Rudiger) then he needs to go next summer as well

Fernando likes this

Just now, Vesper said:

Zouma is shit

he is absolutely a joke on the ball, and ball watches like Luiz

he is capable of a great tackle, but his overall game spatial awareness is just abhorrent

Rudiger pre injury was streets ahead

if he doesn't regain form (Rudiger) then he needs to go next summer as well

Kante pre-injury was the best in the world and yet you want him sold. Despite him still putting in good performances

But on the other hand, we have rudiger who across the season has shown that he has fallen mightily in terms of quality, yet we are supposed to give him another season, while selling the player who was light years ahead of him in terms of CB play?

Nah, not buying it.

Zouma's great tackling might have ended up giving us a chance for CL this season. Rudi has done nothing. He is 27 and will be 28 next season, injury prone, so if he gets another one next season, thats it, he is done. There will be no market for him and we will have another dreg on our books. If we can make a decent buck out of him right now, we should do it. Get rice, see if tomori improves and see how ampadu does on loan. If both have a success, it's a massive win for us and we can move on from zouma and Ac next season (when hopefully the market would have stabilised and fans would be back).