Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

54 minutes ago, Eidur the Spider said:

I just decided, after the last few seasons of transfer activity not to get completely carried away when we were linked with the likes of Bonucci and VVD. So when we go and sign someone like Rudiger, who has been on our radar it seems for a fair while, I'm not as disappointed as a LOT on here. Not saying they are wrong to be disappointed, I just think slagging off a player before he kicks a ball for us is something I don't like about modern football.

At the end of the day, he is going to become a Chelsea player very soon, so we've gotta show a bit of faith in him, but slating the guy before he even kicks a ball or attempts a tackle is a bit much. It sounds spoilt and self entitled. Just my opinion.

Oh I totally agree that we should give the guy a chance before we start to criticise. I think the lads on here are just frustrated after reading the VVD and Sandro links for the past few weeks with nothing materialising then a few nights of being linked with this guy and it's done. I will say though, that VVD should be creaming his pants at the prospect of playing here... that should be an easy transfer for us.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

Oh I totally agree that we should give the guy a chance before we start to criticise. I think the lads on here are just frustrated after reading the VVD and Sandro links for the past few weeks with nothing materialising then a few nights of being linked with this guy and it's done. I will say though, that VVD should be creaming his pants at the prospect of playing here... that should be an easy transfer for us.

That's the one thing with vvd,  people actually wanted us to spend 60-70m on him?  Thats money you pay for the worlds best, i dont even think vvd is epl's best tbh.

Would have taken him absolutely, but disagreed immensely with the fee

Just now, ChelseaFanUK said:

That's the one thing with vvd,  people actually wanted us to spend 60-70m on him?  Thats money you pay for the worlds best, i dont even think vvd is epl's best tbh.

Would have taken him absolutely, but disagreed immensely with the fee

The fee is an absolute joke mate. I'm glad we have dodged that one. 70m is 10m short of what Real Madrid paid for Ronaldo. That fact alone makes most recent transfer activity seem bonkers.

2 minutes ago, DDA said:

The fee is an absolute joke mate. I'm glad we have dodged that one. 70m is 10m short of what Real Madrid paid for Ronaldo.

You are talking about 2009 mate, it was like 10 years ago. It's like my grandfather complaining how cheap bread was 50 years ago. Things get more expensive as money inflating.

Just now, nyikolajevics said:

You are talking about 2009 mate, it was like 10 years ago. It's like my grandfather complaining how cheap bread was 50 years ago. Things get more expensive as money inflating.

I understand that. It doesn't make it right though.

26 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

2 minutes ago, Iggy Doonican said:

It was like 8 years ago OMG some guys are like totally lame when it comes to math.

52 minutes ago, Footballover said:

Very good defender, I reckon he is going to walk in to the starting XI with wase. You'll see.

For now, you can keep on complaining, like most of you always do. 

"Very Good"?!

Average at best. the weakest part of rome last season was their defence. he's not better than cahill.

3 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

"Very Good"?!

Average at best. the weakest part of rome last season was their defence. he's not better than cahill.

Yes thats true. I do remember them bagging lots of goals but conceding many as well. Thats how they got kicked out of the Europa league

4 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

"Very Good"?!

Hmmm who to believe. You, who can't even get the name of the team he plays for correct.

5 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

"Very Good"?!

Doesn't some blame have to go on coaching as well good players bad coaching doesn't work 

Roma had a pretty good defence until last 5 games of the season, when they conceded 3 against Lazio, 3 against Chievo and 2 against Genoa. They conceded >26% of their total goals in that 5 games and that was when Rudiger didn't play CB. With him as CB last season in Serie A Roma has played 14 games: 13 wins, 1 lose, 9 goals conceded, 9 clean sheets.