Antonio Rudiger

Cholo

3 minutes ago, Special Juan said:

Squad option I can take, problem being if he's being brought in as first choice he isn't better than Cahill. I don't know if he's first choice, I am just making an assumptions like we all are.

He will def push Cahill who, lets be honest, isn't the greatest. 

Word is we are looking for two CB's one stud and another to replace Ake in the depth chart. I assume Ake's replacement is potentially Rudiger, Terry's replacement is gonna be Van Dijk (or someone of that ilk)

Christensen could very well be our RWB sub.

We already have Azpilicueta. This signing makes literally zero sense. Rudiger's not even left footed, and his ball skills are a slight upgrade on Cahill and his defensive abilities are on par with Cahill.

That's not high praise. 

Hope Manolas to Zenit gets completed or Inter Milan come in for him instead. 

19 minutes ago, simonez said:

I will never understand the hype around Rudiger. One of the most overrated players I've ever seen in my life.

Why we can only get linked to average players this summer, who chose the players? We were linked to Rudiger long before Antonio came in.

Emenalo has this fetish for fottballers with good physical attributes and shaky/limited technical ability. 

Maddening. 

9 minutes ago, manpe said:

Not true in this market.

Still wayyyy too much for a rotation player. We have Christensen, Zouma, and had Aké if all we wanted was depth. Rüdiger must be thought of as a starter for this price.

37 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

He is a German International, and played regularly for the team that finished 2nd in Serie A? 

Cahill is English international and played regularly for chelsea that finished 1st in the PL what's your point?? For me we need to upgrade cahill not sign someone who's a downgrade to cahill 

2 minutes ago, Chelsea4 said:

Zouma will likely go out on loan which will leave us with Luiz,Azpilicueta and Cahill as our CB's so besides signing Rudiger i'm sure that we will sign another CB.

and christensen

Just now, the wes said:

Cahill is English international and played regularly for chelsea that finished 1st in the PL what's your point?? For me we need to upgrade cahill not sign someone who's a downgrade to cahill 

My point is that you said he was a "German Djilobodji" you didn't say anything about comparing him to Cahill. I agree we do need an upgrade on Cahill, he is a serviceable player but an upgrade could be purchased this summer. Just because we buy Rudiger doesn't mean we wont buy anyone else. Also saying Rudiger is a downgrade on Cahill isnt necessarily fair, he is a talented player as can be seen by playing for the worlds best International team and the 2nd best team in Italy.

I am just saying that he is far far better than Djilobodji and maybe even Cahill we don't know, and better than you're giving him credit for based solely on the fact he can play for Germany and Roma (as i said i havent watched enough to give an indepth scouting report on the player)

10 minutes ago, Polo7 said:

Apparently we are too good for every play except the elite. Get real people for fucks sake.

Yep, even in our most successful periods we have had some very average players in our team and always survived. We will never have a team full of galacticos. Getting Sandro as the only elite player this window would already be a major coup, the rest just need be improvements in any capacity on an already championship winning squad.