Willy Caballero

Jase

Courtois would have conceded all 3 goals, too, though. In a way, all 3 goals were classic Courtois goals: the first one was a worldie shot from distance which is a Courtois special and for the other 2 Courtois would have just stayed on his line and come out too late and conceded in typical fashion.

29 minutes ago, Tomo said:

It's quite funny that fans moan about lack of ambition yet there's constant cries for average players to be regular starters. Remy, Caballero, Bats, Begovic, Cahill (before he actually became one), Schurrle last few years of the top of my head.

There wouldn't be such cries if the team were actually functional. If fans call for the bench, then it means something's visibly wrong in the regular starting line-up. We have been a dysfunctional team on life support for too long now (yes even the title winning seasons masked our deficiencies) so it's no surprise that people are looking for alternatives everywhere.

15 minutes ago, manpe said:

There wouldn't be such cries if the team were actually functional. If fans call for the bench, then it means something's visibly wrong in the regular starting line-up. We have been a dysfunctional team on life support for too long now (yes even the title winning seasons masked our deficiencies) so it's no surprise that people are looking for alternatives everywhere.

There were calls for Remy/Bats to get regular minutes even when Costa was on fire. I'd rather a Courtois at 50% than Caballero or Begovic at number 1, likewise Willian/Schurrle.

47 minutes ago, Amblève. said:

Courtois would have conceded all 3 goals, too, though. In a way, all 3 goals were classic Courtois goals: the first one was a worldie shot from distance which is a Courtois special and for the other 2 Courtois would have just stayed on his line and come out too late and conceded in typical fashion.

I doubt even Turnbull would have conceded the first goal, if i watched the game with no knowledge on the players i would have assumed he was an outfield player in goal after watching that.

Poor game but he’s been solid for us every other time he’s played. Can have an off day, solid enough option for a number 2. How he made that save from Son but didn’t keep Eriksens shot out still confuses me to this minute.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

I doubt even Turnbull would have conceded the first goal, if i watched the game with no knowledge on the players i would have assumed he was an outfield player in goal after watching that.

I doubt that even Turnbull would have conceded the 3rd goal in Roma's 3-0 trashing of us and that's just one of the less ridiculous goals from distance that Courtois has conceded. Lest we forget Adam's goal from inside his own half or Henderson and Eriksen's goals at the Bridge last season.

1 hour ago, Tomo said:

There were calls for Remy/Bats to get regular minutes even when Costa was on fire.

There were? I very much doubt that, at least I can't recall anybody being against an on-fire Diego. I remember they were being called for when we were being shit and Torres/Costa/Morata weren't producing, so people were looking for change.

18 hours ago, Amblève. said:

I doubt that even Turnbull would have conceded the 3rd goal in Roma's 3-0 trashing of us and that's just one of the less ridiculous goals from distance that Courtois has conceded. Lest we forget Adam's goal from inside his own half or Henderson and Eriksen's goals at the Bridge last season.

Yeah. Courtois would have lost us this game with 1-6. Worst goalkeeper ever, I agree with everything you always say about him.

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Willys contract runs out this summer (and Eduardos) and not read anythng about renewal.

Whats ginna happen IF Tibo decides to jump ship? We are going to be up shit creek.

We have an option to extend Caballero' deal for a year. According to reports, we gonna activate it.

https://weaintgotnohistory.sbnation.com/2018/3/22/17152600/penalty-king-wilfredo-caballero-set-to-stay-at-chelsea-for-another-season-report-rumour

53 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

Willys contract runs out this summer (and Eduardos) and not read anythng about renewal.

Whats ginna happen IF Tibo decides to jump ship? We are going to be up shit creek.

If Willy goes into next season as number 1 were be up shit creek anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

Caballero is "weird" (to put it kindly), isn't he? One game, he looks decent and the next, he looks like an absolute disaster. Why did he even bother coming out to stop the Huddersfield if he's not even committed about it? :doh:

And oh, there's also that nonsense mixed-up with Rudiger in the second half where we were lucky to get the free kick and Huddersfield couldn't make it 2-1. :rant:

• 1 month later...