test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Jason

13. Willy Caballero

Started by Jason,

110 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Tomo said:

We won't be using three if we need the third space for an outfielder, Eduardo won't be registered and will come in on an emergency basis if need be.

OK rock on tommy rock on, ffs , u got the gist of the coversation didn't you?! should'nt cfc be organised enough to have homegrown gk in line,(like down the line the last 5-6 years quite easy in any firm)? Like where is nxt lb&rb years ago lol&nxt cb & cm ,fcuk how we hav survived!

1 hour ago, mccg said:

OK rock on tommy rock on, ffs , u got the gist of the coversation didn't you?! should'nt cfc be organised enough to have homegrown gk in line,(like down the line the last 5-6 years quite easy in any firm)? Like where is nxt lb&rb years ago lol&nxt cb & cm ,fcuk how we hav survived!

Keeper's are the weak point's in our academy, having them in even as 3rd choice is suicide.

mccg likes this

9 hours ago, Tomo said:

Keeper's are the weak point's in our academy, having them in even as 3rd choice is suicide.

You would think 1 man and his dog spot at the club would have sorted that by now !

I use to criticize the board a lot, but I have to give them the respect when they do something good, although it doesn't happen often.
Great decision to bring this guy for free in the summer, really decent back up goalkeeper.

Unionjack likes this

At the start I was against signing caballero tonight show me I was wrong give him a new contract he's a decent back up for Courtois 

Unionjack likes this

We always had thee best backup goalkeepers in the world. Cudicini, Čech, Begović, Caballero.

I'm afraid that I felt the same way as alot of us and did my fair share of whining when we signed him. But I'm happy to say ge proved me wrong,

With his 1 year contract isn;t it time we renewed it. Be a sod to lose both him and Tibo IF he doesn't sign.

On 1/18/2018 at 11:08 AM, El P. said:

We always had thee best backup goalkeepers in the world. Cudicini, Čech, Begović, Caballero.

Don't forget in the first half of 2014-2015, we had Tibo, Cech AND Schwarzer. Now that was fuckin' world class right there!

Not sure if it was the change of keeper or just one of those games but good god, we looked so vulnerable every time a cross is floated into the box today. @Tomo definitely has a point when he said we look far more assured dealing with high balls when Courtois is in the side.

Tomo likes this

He was hilarious what was he doing?! It's his runs out where he misses the ball and it leads to panic as there's no one in goal. 

Is a good shot stopper but we are spoilt by the way Courtois handles the box. 
It was really noticeable today. Caballero did made some vital saves, though