Alex Telles

8 hours ago, Tomo said:

De Gea is overrated with his feet and certainly not on Ederson's level. 

You can joke about Pep all you want, but the game is evolving and not just because of him. The days of keepers and defenders being able to get away with being shit footballers as long as they save shots/get their body in the way are long gone, just like at the other end being a pure fox in the box isn't cutting it anymore (hence Batshuayi looking lost despite a respectable goal record).

Tbh there were quality CBs on the ball before Pep. Think Terry or Puyol. 

But the thing is, those two (and some others) were quality on the ball which was extra trait. They were still primarily a fantastic defenders, old school who didnt take any shit and could actualy defend. 

Sure the days of hooligan CBs who cant make a pass are gone, but Pep type of CB is so uncharacteristic, I have no idea how its getting so much praise. 

Ball playing CBs of today who want to look good with their feet also poses trait of being absolute average defenders. The fact they are "good" is hidden by the attacking displays. Thats why Pique survived in barca, Ramos in Real. When those two get in 1v1 duel they get raped 9/10 times against any better attacker.

Im all for having more ball playing CBs but they should be quality defenders first and foremost. If they can play with their feet, thats just bonus, not priority. 

The football turning into shit slowly but steadily with this new generation of fancy players. You can hardly get someone talented enough yet with strong character. I understand some wingers were always cocky, but not defenders or even midfielders who should be imposing and respectable figures. 

Im glad we have Christensen who is actualy good defender, but also fine footballer with his feet.

Honestly I dont mind if spanish league plays the way they play. But Pep being hailed for making Stones and Otamendi quality defenders 😂 yes they look strong due to city immense power, but take note, those two will have fails in CL against quality teams. 

Yes football is evolving and PL has to change, evolve. But not by praising these false top CBs because whole generation of CBs will know how to pass but no clue how to defend. 

Im sure Pep effect is already in motion, teams picking lesser defenders due to their skill rather picking actualy promising tacklers and readers of the game. 

Again I dont mind having ball playing CB who can defend, but get away with these false defenders ala Ramos or Pique. So much praise and then you see them barbequed week in week out by any better attacker. Pepe at 34 was twice the defender in Real for example and they got rid of him 😂

And finaly best possible example of all what is wrong with football today is Juve BBC. Every fucking person from coaches to media to fans jerking on Bonucci while Chiellini and Barzagli were 5 times the defenders. But hey Bonucci could make those hollywood passes. Yeah he is real quality in Milan now 😂 

Milan is a mess but you know any world class and experienced CB that Bonucci is hailed to be would make that defence miles better. Pepe is doing exactly that in Besiktas team, althrough thats just one simple example. But Bonucci in Milan looks completely lost. 

I like Telles. He looks like he has everything that we need. Hes fast, good crosser and passer, keeps the ball, got a good head (and header) and not shabby in defence. With a plus that hes in form which makes a nice change from some we buy that has 'potential' or coming off an injury.

46 minutes ago, BlueLyon said:

Tbh there were quality CBs on the ball before Pep. Think Terry or Puyol. 

But the thing is, those two (and some others) were quality on the ball which was extra trait. They were still primarily a fantastic defenders, old school who didnt take any shit and could actualy defend. 

Sure the days of hooligan CBs who cant make a pass are gone, but Pep type of CB is so uncharacteristic, I have no idea how its getting so much praise. 

Ball playing CBs of today who want to look good with their feet also poses trait of being absolute average defenders. The fact they are "good" is hidden by the attacking displays. Thats why Pique survived in barca, Ramos in Real. When those two get in 1v1 duel they get raped 9/10 times against any better attacker.

Im all for having more ball playing CBs but they should be quality defenders first and foremost. If they can play with their feet, thats just bonus, not priority. 

The football turning into shit slowly but steadily with this new generation of fancy players. You can hardly get someone talented enough yet with strong character. I understand some wingers were always cocky, but not defenders or even midfielders who should be imposing and respectable figures. 

Im glad we have Christensen who is actualy good defender, but also fine footballer with his feet.

Honestly I dont mind if spanish league plays the way they play. But Pep being hailed for making Stones and Otamendi quality defenders 😂 yes they look strong due to city immense power, but take note, those two will have fails in CL against quality teams. 

Yes football is evolving and PL has to change, evolve. But not by praising these false top CBs because whole generation of CBs will know how to pass but no clue how to defend. 

Im sure Pep effect is already in motion, teams picking lesser defenders due to their skill rather picking actualy promising tacklers and readers of the game. 

Again I dont mind having ball playing CB who can defend, but get away with these false defenders ala Ramos or Pique. So much praise and then you see them barbequed week in week out by any better attacker. Pepe at 34 was twice the defender in Real for example and they got rid of him 😂

And finaly best possible example of all what is wrong with football today is Juve BBC. Every fucking person from coaches to media to fans jerking on Bonucci while Chiellini and Barzagli were 5 times the defenders. But hey Bonucci could make those hollywood passes. Yeah he is real quality in Milan now 😂 

Milan is a mess but you know any world class and experienced CB that Bonucci is hailed to be would make that defence miles better. Pepe is doing exactly that in Besiktas team, althrough thats just one simple example. But Bonucci in Milan looks completely lost. 

Ofcourse they need to defend aswell, but just being a great defender isn't enough on it's own just like being a great scorer isn't at the other end, and that's becoming a lot more prominent now. Take Zouma and Bailly for example, a partnership of those two looks nice and solid on paper and in many ways it would be but could you imagine them together against City or European's elite? every time he ball goes near them they would either concede a forced error or have no option but to boot it up field, either way the ball will be coming back at them fast.

With the scouting teams at the club and the data they have access to it shouldn't be one or the other, we should be able to find defenders with a decent balance of both, which we have luckily got for the most part.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I really do hope we try for this guy. Hes been on fire. Just had another MoTM and with 4 goals and 13 assists this season we would be daft not to.

it would nice to have a fb or wing back that can cross a ball 

• 1 month later...
3 minutes ago, mccg said:

Liverpool transfer news: Chelsea to fight Reds for £35m Alex Telles, Porto eye replacement

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/970270/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Chelsea-Alex-Telles-Porto-Wolves-Premier-League

Doesnt feel like Emerson or Alonso are going, so i doubt we'd be going for another left back? Or is he able to play further up front ?

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Doesnt feel like Emerson or Alonso are going, so i doubt we'd be going for another left back? Or is he able to play further up front ?

Maybe we will go back to 4 at the back , maybe Alonso may leave , maybe Emerson or him could play further up the pitch , stay tuned .

• 2 months later...
2 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Anyone else think Telles in January could happen if Alonso/Emerson are a weak spot?

Alonso has been great for Chelsea since we signed him and last week he seemed to have adapted to the new system, so I believe in him. Emerson is a good player too, I don't think we'll have to deal with purchasing new left backs this season.

Sarri will certainly have had enough time by then. don`t see the team that starts the first game being the same regular team starting 5 months later for many teams with a new manager.and Sarri had one of the most handicapped pre-seasons. late hiring,late to get going in the transfer window,late returning players..can`t get much harder than that for a new coach other than say Koeman taking over at Southampton a few years back (where he did a good job somehow)

for me I think the window should be extended to where it was in the past when there is either a World cup or European championships played in that summer. could have been worse tho..they might have scrapped the January window. 

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Alonso has been great for Chelsea since we signed him and last week he seemed to have adapted to the new system, so I believe in him. Emerson is a good player too, I don't think we'll have to deal with purchasing new left backs this season.

Alonso was good in his Wingback role, he is still adapting to the fullback position and I think his physical limitations will hurt us against proper teams. During the first half while under pressure Alonso was consistently caught up the field while also never really presenting himself as an overlapping attacker. Perhaps its down to him not fully comprehending his role just yet, but he is extremely slow footed which will cause us issues with 4 at the back. I hope Emerson will establish himself as the first choice, if he does than we would not needed Telles, as of now though obviously has not. 

3 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Anyone else think Telles in January could happen if Alonso/Emerson are a weak spot?

You assume Telles wont move before August 31st. He is by far the best available LB, unless Juve bought him and sold Alex Sandro, which I cannot see them doing unless PSG wanted Sandro, which they do, but I still dont see Juve selling him. RM, PSG, Barca and others are all sniffing around Telles, as they have sold LBs or need upgrade.

There is another option as well. Another Portuguese team. Benfica LB Alejandro Grimaldo. 22yo with massive upside. Spuds wanted him badly and they wanted to sell Rose, but no one matched their valuation of Rose.

Finally, an expensive option, as they do not want to sell him, José Gayà from Valencia. I can see it costing at least £40-45m for him, plus he just signed a new 5 year contract and has given multiple interviews in Spain saying he doesn't want to leave Valencia.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You assume Telles wont move before August 31st. He is by far the best available LB, unless Juve bought him and sold Alex Sandro, which I cannot see them doing unless PSG wanted Sandro, which they do, but I still dont see Juve selling him. RM, PSG, Barca and others are all sniffing around Telles, as they have sold LBs or need upgrade.

There is another option as well. Another Portuguese team. Benfica LB Alejandro Grimaldo. 22yo with massive upside. Spuds wanted him badly and they wanted to sell Rose, but no one matched their valuation of Rose.

Finally, an expensive option, as they do not want to sell him, José Gayà from Valencia. I can see it costing at least £40-45m for him, plus he just signed a new 5 year contract and has given multiple interviews in Spain saying he doesn't want to leave Valencia.

Been wanting Telles and Fekir since last summer. These are the standard we should be associated with. I'm not being some elitist twat, I just want us to have good quality players.. We bought 2 amazing lads and loaned another this window. It cant be done all at once. Sarris got to see what fits and who doesn't. This next 2 windows will be telling!

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Been wanting Telles and Fekir since last summer. These are the standard we should be associated with. I'm not being some elitist twat, I just want us to have good quality players.. We bought 2 amazing lads and loaned another this window. It cant be done all at once. Sarris got to see what fits and who doesn't. This next 2 windows will be telling!

I remember when Juve fucked us hard with no reacharound the last two summers over Alex Sandro (devasting blow, moreso than even Napoli with Koulibaly and Roma with Nainggolan IMHO, although KK is close) and Telles was then the default target. People lost their shit, saying he was a scrub,lolol. I laughed at them and said watch, in a year or two he will be seriously wanted as an upgrade if we fail for a third time with Sandro. LOLOLOL

I still want Alaba above ANY other fullback on planet. Even at £80 or £90m. Bayern will never sell him until he is 30yo I wager.:(

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You