test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

xPetrCechx

Alex Telles

Started by xPetrCechx,

98 posts in this topic
3 minutes ago, mccg said:

Liverpool transfer news: Chelsea to fight Reds for £35m Alex Telles, Porto eye replacement

https://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/970270/Liverpool-Transfer-News-Chelsea-Alex-Telles-Porto-Wolves-Premier-League

Doesnt feel like Emerson or Alonso are going, so i doubt we'd be going for another left back? Or is he able to play further up front ?

5 minutes ago, Artandur said:

Doesnt feel like Emerson or Alonso are going, so i doubt we'd be going for another left back? Or is he able to play further up front ?

Maybe we will go back to 4 at the back , maybe Alonso may leave , maybe Emerson or him could play further up the pitch , stay tuned .

Anyone else think Telles in January could happen if Alonso/Emerson are a weak spot?

Johnnyeye likes this

8 minutes ago, akgw13 said:

Anyone else think Telles in January could happen if Alonso/Emerson are a weak spot?

yes

2 hours ago, akgw13 said:

Alonso has been great for Chelsea since we signed him and last week he seemed to have adapted to the new system, so I believe in him. Emerson is a good player too, I don't think we'll have to deal with purchasing new left backs this season.

Amblève. likes this

Sarri will certainly have had enough time by then. don`t see the team that starts the first game being the same regular team starting 5 months later for many teams with a new manager.and Sarri had one of the most handicapped pre-seasons. late hiring,late to get going in the transfer window,late returning players..can`t get much harder than that for a new coach other than say Koeman taking over at Southampton a few years back (where he did a good job somehow)

for me I think the window should be extended to where it was in the past when there is either a World cup or European championships played in that summer. could have been worse tho..they might have scrapped the January window. 

10 minutes ago, nyikolajevics said:

Alonso has been great for Chelsea since we signed him and last week he seemed to have adapted to the new system, so I believe in him. Emerson is a good player too, I don't think we'll have to deal with purchasing new left backs this season.

Alonso was good in his Wingback role, he is still adapting to the fullback position and I think his physical limitations will hurt us against proper teams. During the first half while under pressure Alonso was consistently caught up the field while also never really presenting himself as an overlapping attacker. Perhaps its down to him not fully comprehending his role just yet, but he is extremely slow footed which will cause us issues with 4 at the back. I hope Emerson will establish himself as the first choice, if he does than we would not needed Telles, as of now though obviously has not. 

3 hours ago, akgw13 said:

You assume Telles wont move before August 31st. He is by far the best available LB, unless Juve bought him and sold Alex Sandro, which I cannot see them doing unless PSG wanted Sandro, which they do, but I still dont see Juve selling him. RM, PSG, Barca and others are all sniffing around Telles, as they have sold LBs or need upgrade.

There is another option as well. Another Portuguese team. Benfica LB Alejandro Grimaldo. 22yo with massive upside. Spuds wanted him badly and they wanted to sell Rose, but no one matched their valuation of Rose.

Finally, an expensive option, as they do not want to sell him, José Gayà from Valencia. I can see it costing at least £40-45m for him, plus he just signed a new 5 year contract and has given multiple interviews in Spain saying he doesn't want to leave Valencia.

27 minutes ago, Vesper said:

You assume Telles wont move before August 31st. He is by far the best available LB, unless Juve bought him and sold Alex Sandro, which I cannot see them doing unless PSG wanted Sandro, which they do, but I still dont see Juve selling him. RM, PSG, Barca and others are all sniffing around Telles, as they have sold LBs or need upgrade.

There is another option as well. Another Portuguese team. Benfica LB Alejandro Grimaldo. 22yo with massive upside. Spuds wanted him badly and they wanted to sell Rose, but no one matched their valuation of Rose.

Finally, an expensive option, as they do not want to sell him, José Gayà from Valencia. I can see it costing at least £40-45m for him, plus he just signed a new 5 year contract and has given multiple interviews in Spain saying he doesn't want to leave Valencia.

Been wanting Telles and Fekir since last summer. These are the standard we should be associated with. I'm not being some elitist twat, I just want us to have good quality players.. We bought 2 amazing lads and loaned another this window. It cant be done all at once. Sarris got to see what fits and who doesn't. This next 2 windows will be telling!

1 minute ago, Unionjack said:

Been wanting Telles and Fekir since last summer. These are the standard we should be associated with. I'm not being some elitist twat, I just want us to have good quality players.. We bought 2 amazing lads and loaned another this window. It cant be done all at once. Sarris got to see what fits and who doesn't. This next 2 windows will be telling!

I remember when Juve fucked us hard with no reacharound the last two summers over Alex Sandro (devasting blow, moreso than even Napoli with Koulibaly and Roma with Nainggolan IMHO, although KK is close) and Telles was then the default target. People lost their shit, saying he was a scrub,lolol. I laughed at them and said watch, in a year or two he will be seriously wanted as an upgrade if we fail for a third time with Sandro. LOLOLOL

I still want Alaba above ANY other fullback on planet. Even at £80 or £90m. Bayern will never sell him until he is 30yo I wager.:(

5 minutes ago, Vesper said:

I remember when Juve fucked us hard with no reacharound the last two summers over Alex Sandro (devasting blow, moreso than even Napoli with Koulibaly and Roma with Nainggolan IMHO, although KK is close) and Telles was then the default target. People lost their shit, saying he was a scrub,lolol. I laughed at them and said watch, in a year or two he will be seriously wanted as an upgrade if we fail for a third time with Sandro. LOLOLOL

I still want Alaba above ANY other fullback on planet. Even at £80 or £90m. Bayern will never sell him until he is 30yo I wager.:(

LOL We got Bob Hopes chance of either Sandro or Alaba.

But I know just what you mean about the others. So close yet so far.  (Just like Rugani and  Golovin this year)

I wont torment myself next year. I'm outta hear till silly seasons done.

Vesper likes this

10 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

LOL We got Bob Hopes chance of either Sandro or Alaba.

But I know just what you mean about the others. So close yet so far.  (Just like Rugani and  Golovin this year)

I wont torment myself next year. I'm outta hear till silly seasons done.

Next year is the last year I will even bring up Alex Sandro. He turns 29 after the summer 2019 window, so the 2020 window will be too old to interest me. I already was pissed we didn't get him last year, as even this year we would only get 3 years, 4 years MAX or so of top, top play out of him.

Fucking Bayern, lolol, they have the 2 best fullbacks (regardless of side) on the planet in Alaba at LB and Kimmich at RB.

Unionjack likes this

telles is a must buy in Jan or next summer just hope no European team don't buy him this summer why our transfer window is closed 🙁🙁🙁

Unionjack likes this

56 minutes ago, Unionjack said:

I bet ye u have Fekir telles and savic posters up in your bedroom 😂😂

6 hours ago, It's too big said:

The Napoli LB would have been an interesting buy 

Ghoulam would be probably here (or at city) by now if he didnt injure himself right before start of 2018. His contract was ending aswell.

9 hours ago, It's too big said:

The Napoli LB would have been an interesting buy 

2 hours ago, BlueLyon said:

Ghoulam would be probably here (or at city) by now if he didnt injure himself right before start of 2018. His contract was ending aswell.

How long does that cunt ADL expect this 'gentlemans agreement' to last? For as long as Sarri is with us?t