test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DavidEU

Franco Di Santo

Started by DavidEU,

93 posts in this topic

Franco Di Santo, who bears Chelsea's number 9 shirt, was born in Mendoza, Mendoza Province, Argentina on the 7th April 1989. The young striker joined Chelsea from Audax Italiano of Chile on January 25th, 2008 and has been hailed as a new Hernáand Crespo.

After impressing in the Chelsea reserves in the second half of the 2007/2008 season, including a hattrick against Spurs, Franco will be looking to push his way into a strikeforce including Drogba, Anelka, Shevchenko, Kalou and Pizarro.

Discuss him here!blue%20scalf.gif

Very impressed, showed he can play amongst the big boys.

From 45 minutes against a very poor Chinese team?

I don't think so mate.

With him scoring on his first team debut it'll give him a major confidence boost. He certainly has the makings over a very good striker.

When he came on he was quite quiet, then BANG...hit the post, minutes later...BANG back of the net.

I'd like to see him get a run in the first team this year instead of getting farmed out to some foreign team to get more experience. We've seen Sahar come into the team and fade, but this kid has something special about him. I can feel it. :blue scalf:

From 45 minutes against a very poor Chinese team?

I don't think so mate.

He didn't look overawed by playing alongside Lampard and co, and linked up very well with the team.

I thought he did very well in his first apperance for the first team, without showing what he can REALLY do. What really came through from him in the performance yesterday was his positional sense, he pulls into great positions to try and score and could have had more goals.

He showed he can play with the first team. Next test for him is the Premier League, how will he play against their defences.

So far though so good

I thought he did very well in his first apperance for the first team, without showing what he can REALLY do. What really came through from him in the performance yesterday was his positional sense, he pulls into great positions to try and score and could have had more goals.

He showed he can play with the first team. Next test for him is the Premier League, how will he play against their defences.

So far though so good

Agree. He was very good yesterday -and seems even bigger than last season. Scored in every game hes played , near enough ?

Agree. He was very good yesterday -and seems even bigger than last season. Scored in every game hes played , near enough ?

The lad knows where the goal is thats for sure, 7 goals in 8 games for the reserves last season. 1 in 1 for the first team so far. He can be very very good, and playing first team football with us at 19 can only make him better.

A very exciting prospect, also liked the look of Kalou and Anelka yesterday, maybe we can start seeing some production from our strikers this season....

Another goal today and another impressive performance.

The more I see of him the more I like him. His movement off the ball was excellent, creating space for others. Seems to have a good footballing head on him.

Shocking miss though :P

He has scored in almost every game in a Chelsea Shirt. He seems to me like the "Ruud Van Nistelrooy" type of a striker. He is at the right place at the right time to put the ball in. He will develop even more as he continues to play with the senior squad.

First thing i thought of when i saw his movement and possitional sense in the first game was 'The new Hernan Crespo'. This guy could be a star if hes given the chance. You can tell that hes a natural born goal scorer. He doesnt drift outwide, he doesnt come too deep, hes always in the right place and where hes sposed to be.

He seems comfortable playing in our first team as Bluelion said. Argentine strikers. Maradona, Batistuta, Crespo. Is di Santo the next big Argentine Striker to be a force in Europe? i think so. Hope hes given the oppertunity to shine.

Edited by OllieCFC

He has certainly done everything he can possibly do. He came in as a young player and put in the reserves to basically get used to English football, and he did that with style, 7 goals in 8 games made everyone sit up and take notice. Now he has been given his chance with the first team and once again he done all he can do and scored on both his appearances so far.

Hopefully he will get his chances, because if he does he will certainly score goals...

I think we all agree he has the talent, but lets not get carried away here - di Santo is only young and is still learning his trade - would he get in the team ahead of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko?

I think we all agree he has the talent, but lets not get carried away here - di Santo is only young and is still learning his trade - would he get in the team ahead of Drogba, Anelka and Shevchenko?

Possibly.......

If he can keep into those scoring positions and creating chances and putting them away then i see no reason why he wouldn't. Obviously there is a huge question mark over his ability to be able to cope in the Premiership, and we will find out sooner or later if he can cope.

Time will tell, he is a gifted player with an excellant football brain, if he can cope with the nature of the premier league then i see no reason why he can't make plenty of appearances this season.

NO!!...Scolari has mentioned that although he is impressed with Di Santo, he feels that He is a striker for the Future and not the Present.

NO!!...Scolari has mentioned that although he is impressed with Di Santo, he feels that He is a striker for the Future and not the Present.

I don't think it was quite said in that way. Being 19 he is obviously one for the future, but i am sure he didn't say that he wasn't one for the present....