test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-0 Middlesbrough

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   27 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Fabregas
    • Matic
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Willian (sub)
    • Chalobah (sub)
    • Terry (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

264 posts in this topic
1 hour ago, Leif said:

I'm happy, but, i still can't believe this title race went down to the wire, when for 85% of the season it was simply a 1-horse race with a far and beyond clear winner.

Not many teams win back to back titles anymore, it's something to do with the new way of working among footballing boards from underfunding the following season to holding onto players too long due to gentleman agreements or whatever. So I'd hate for people to imagine this is anywhere close to good enough in terms of building our next long term phase of dominance. This seems more like the pre-cum, and I imagine we'll go a few more seasons without a title again - unless a lot of our players don't feature. The likes of Matic and Cahill will not cut it. Not against Liverpool, not against City, not against Madrid, Munich or Juve. No more of this average mentality next season.

i agree with you on some points, but to say we´ll go a few more seasons without a title is far from reality, did we over achieve this season? yes, but to be fair we have the personnel to succeed, our aim at the start of the season was to qualify for the champions league, now look at us, on the verge of being crowned champions, and in the FA Cup final, all comes down to the managing skills of Conte, the change of system and the mentality of the players, he deserves all the credit he gets for making us reach this far, but lets end this season first, then we´ll see in the summer how we will do, our future success will depend a lot on our summer recruitment, i want Conte to get his desired targets and build the team in his image to make us compete in europe and also to continue to compete domesticaly. Cheers

Fulham Broadway likes this

12 minutes ago, bluephoenix said:

hope that Conte and the team are up for it. really hope we can get a win 

They must to. 6 points from the title... if not now, so when...

Johnnyeye likes this

13 hours ago, Antonio8 said:

pochettino isthe best manager ahahahahahaah

tottenham is the best team in the PL ahahahahahah

Another choke artist. Just like Klopp.

Chelsea? and Johnnyeye like this

The way this fixture is set up I would expect an open game. They need to win all of their games to have a chance of staying up. We will be pumped to finish the title race off. I see them scoring but only once..should be 2-1 or 3-1 to us. Cesc should start to carve them open. 

chelseawise and Johnnyeye like this

Can we really not get 6 points from our remaining 4 games, course we can get the 2 wins.

I'm getting bleedin' nervous waiting til monday tho.

Wanna see if I can get tickets for the Watford game our first game at home as champions.

Regards: formerly Josesbluediamonds now trying to be hes1ofus ;-))))

2 hours ago, josesbluediamonds said:

Wanna see if I can get tickets for the Watford game our first game at home as champions.

I'm for the Watford game :)

22 minutes ago, blueblood22 said:

cahill can play? isn't he with 5 yellow cards? 

Will stay at 10 yellow cards now. First part of the season you get a ban at 5 yellow cards, second part of the season when you reach 10.

blueblood22 and mashimaru161 like this

Unlike sides like Sunderland, Boro at least have the ability to stifle and bus park. They aren't a complete embarrassment like Moyes's men.

Luckily, a draw does them no good so they'll be open and vulnerable. Only way I can see us losing is if we just take 3 points against a relegation team at home for granted. They don't have pace up top that usually give Luiz and Cahill trouble and they don't have super athletes in midfield to cause Matic problems.

Think we'll win 2-0.

On 5/4/2017 at 6:47 PM, Pizy said:

I really hate that we not only play after Spuds but also are the featured Monday Night Football match. Spuds will inevitably win tomorrow (probably by about 4 goals) and be only a point behind us. Then we have a desperate Boro side in a match the whole world will be watching knowing that no one gives them a chance. Wouldn't surprise me at all if they put in their best performance of the season against us and then proceed to get spanked in their next one.

Way more pressure on this this one than the Everton match which everyone thought was our final hurdle.

We really do have a worrisome bunch amongst us... 

lucio, Johnnyeye and bigbluewillie like this