test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Man United 2-0 Chelsea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   26 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Zouma
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Azpilicueta
    • Matic
    • Kante
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Willian (sub)
    • Loftus-Cheek (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

521 posts in this topic
25 minutes ago, Spike said:

I think all Chelsea fans were blinded. It's almost like having the curtains opened for the first time. This is the guy that raked Karanka's eye for no reason!

Funnily enough he's convinced some United fans to act like this as well. It's almost like a cult following. 

DYC. likes this

Mourinho labels our side as "defensive", which is quite ridiculous. In no way our style of play is as defensive as in his second tenure, especially in the latter parts of our title winning campaign we sat very deep and relied on Hazard´s individual brilliance to win us games. He is so obsessed with us it´s not even funny anymore. There is nothing he would enjoy more than give us a shock to our title aspirations, but I´m very confident that we will reach a draw at least, they are too weak offensively too harm us, even though our defensive line isn´t as stable as it was in winter. 

An away win to Mourinho and Man Utd would be really great, a Hazard brace would be the icing on the cake.

17 hours ago, Spike said:

I think all Chelsea fans were blinded. It's almost like having the curtains opened for the first time. This is the guy that raked Karanka's eye for no reason!

It was the late Tito. Karanka is his sidekick.

The way he just walked up to him and did it. Vile doesn't even come close to describing that action. It's a game of football.

And there were actually people defending him and turning a blind eye when he did it. Couldn't believe it. Cult is indeed the right word.

Peace., Fernando and The Skipper like this

1 hour ago, Jason said:

It's a waste of time watching anything with Mourinho in it.

Yep, not even bothering watching it. How many times did he mention how rested we are and how defensive we are, and how we are a counter attacking side only?

Just look at that sour face in the thumbnail! Haha!

Chelsea? likes this

35 minutes ago, the wes said:

Ibrahimovic admits he's 'tired' 

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2017/04/15/zlatan-ibrahimovic-admits-tired-says-jose-mourinho-right-criticise/

This could work in are favour tomorrow 

I seriously doubt it but I won't be entirely surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow. Mourinho might start Martial and Rashford and go for more pace and better pressing of our centre-backs, something Ibrahimovic clearly can't do. 

Johnnyeye likes this

10 hours ago, MrExcalibur100 said:

I seriously doubt it but I won't be entirely surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow. Mourinho might start Martial and Rashford and go for more pace and better pressing of our centre-backs, something Ibrahimovic clearly can't do. 

The question is will martial started seem like moaninho has no full confidence in him i just fear Rashford getting cahill in one vs one the last time Rashford made him look like a wee boy raging Jones not playing he gives away alot of free kicks 

Working on Easter day but in time back home to watch the game. Can't wait.

Thibo COURTOIS; Cesar AZPILICUETA, David LUIZ, Gary CAHILL; Victor MOSES, Cesc FABREGAS, N'Golo KANTE, Marcos ALONSO; Eden HAZARD, Diego COSTA, Pedro RODRIGUEZ.

Only thing in our advantage is that theire game on Thursday is likely more important then today, cause they need to win the EL to get in cl..

12 hours ago, Beigl said:

Mourinho labels our side as "defensive", which is quite ridiculous.

I think he might be trying to open us up, so-called mind games.

Mourinho was interviewed live on Soccer Saturday yesterday and reckons the United side aren't even training and they are just resting. Alluded to us having lots of time because of no European commitments but isn't that funny, he was the one managing us in the season we didn't get into Europe and flirted with the relegation zone.

xPetrCechx likes this

I have to raise and hammer home this point again -

Lose just this 1 game, and Tottenham win just 1 game, and it's a 1 point difference between us. 

We had our posts earlier in the season of 'is this really good enough?' and some people (+me), being called stupid & spoiled for expecting more. Well I still do, and so I still am. Never should a team have 10x the riches, 10x the experience, 10x the manager yet fail to leave their pint-sized cousins in the dust. To not be up in arms about this is dangerous. Someone's head has to roll. Not good enough.

From the run we went on, matching a streak, to being the only team in Europe with a 10+ point lead, to this, to have slipped down to a neck-and-neck fight. Every other league winning team that goes on a run like we did wraps up the title a month and a half early. 

At this rate, if we win the league, it's the least triumphant Premier League title win since the competition started. If Tottenham win, it's a huge deal for them, but at the same time, City/United/Arsenal have all been woeful, Europe League-tier teams this season, and even they'll know that winning the title in the 2016/2017 season was a simple task. Which further illustrates that we've had nothing to go up against this season, no mighty teams at all, no truly underdog situations, but yet we are here, trying to fight hard just to stay 1st. 

To not demand better is to accept this is good enough; but this will not be good enough at all in the coming seasons with the teams around us building with more foresight than we use. There's no point in even going into how much superior the likes of Bayern, Juve & the top 2 in Spain are.

We're physically retarded & unable to reach our next level if next season we have Matic, Cahill, & Bats still here. They're not worthy of being bench players; they're the players who've genuinely cultivated the most mistrust in the squad, from Conte's lack of faith in Bats, to Cahill being an own-goal merchant with an addiction to backing off his man, to Matic either giving a 3.5 or 6.5 performance, you never know which you'll get. This lack of faith makes things tricky. Alonso & Moses can at least be trusted to have more good games than bad, as can Costa. 

With foresight, we can cut out the future and currently very subtle but growing cancers and be all the better for it, instead of focusing so deeply on fixing the smaller bruises we have (Costa, Terry, our fullbacks.) No team on the level we should aspire to be on would take any of Cahill, Matic or Bats - for free. It's sickening that we're clawing our way back to being a top team still, and the reason we're still crawling not there yet is because of the more subtle, but more important power-moves being completely ignored. We don't need more good players, we need less subpar players. There's no point putting the best icing in the world on an absolutely average-ass sponge.

1 hour ago, Special Juan said:

Mourinho was interviewed live on Soccer Saturday yesterday and reckons the United side aren't even training and they are just resting. Alluded to us having lots of time because of no European commitments but isn't that funny, he was the one managing us in the season we didn't get into Europe and flirted with the relegation zone.

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe? He has been moaning like a loser this term instead of preaching like a winner like he used to and it shows in his players' attitudes and their league position.

Fernando and The Skipper like this

3 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe?

If he was a boxer he would run around the ring with his guard up for a full 12 rounds, then afterwards claim the opponent was a big bully.

I actually don't think they will win the Europa League either.

manpe likes this

If he was a boxer he would run around the ring with his guard up for a full 12 rounds, then afterwards claim the opponent was a big bully.
I actually don't think they will win the Europa League either.

Mourinho sacked if they don't reach UCL?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

19 minutes ago, manpe said:

Yeah, but in his mind it was the fault of the players, the board and even fans. He's blameless :P What surprises me is that Jose has a lot of experience fighting on all fronts with little time to rest, is it different this season or is he just getting his excuses in early because other English teams aren't in Europe? He has been moaning like a loser this term instead of preaching like a winner like he used to and it shows in his players' attitudes and their league position.

It's because they are doing shit in the league and hugely underachieving he is spinning the narrative that its all down to fatigue. 

kellzfresh and Fernando like this