test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Unionjack

rumoured Benjamin Mendy

Started by Unionjack,

176 posts in this topic

It wouldn't surprised me city sign him they needed a left back big time it's a real shame tho I really like this guy 

1 hour ago, the wes said:

It wouldn't surprised me city sign him they needed a left back big time it's a real shame tho I really like this guy 

Why are you lamenting losing him? City havent signed him yet lol.

Knowing City, i wouldnt be surprised to see them not buy a single FB, and spunk the cash on another MF or a winger lmao.

This guy though, is a top top player, him and Guerrero are my top choices for the LWB position, delighted to see we are at least interested in him

the wes and Unionjack like this

According to reports he is flying to England to sign with Man City. Fullbacks are very important to Pep system, and that was a major weakness for them this season. Mendy will be a monster for them.

Edit:

, i wouldnt be surprised to see them not buy a single FB, and spunk the cash on another MF or a winger lmao.

LOL why would you think that? FB are fully appreciated under Pep, you could make an argument for CBs though.

1 minute ago, BluesMadLad said:

Are man city just raiding Monaco now? 

Seems like it mate

14 hours ago, the wes said:

Seems like it mate

A club that can't defend raiding another club that can't defend seems wise lol 

B Silva i liked but Mendy i love, his fit would be beyond perfect in our lineup but City certainly has come out of the gate firing if they sign him as well. Early days in silly season still, long way to go.

kellzfresh likes this

Apparently Batman and Mendy are really close friends, could be helpful for us in recruitment. He is my first choice for LWB and i think he would really be a star in the prem

Apparently Batman and Mendy are really close friends, could be helpful for us in recruitment. He is my first choice for LWB and i think he would really be a star in the prem

Could be helpful, or it be hurtful based on Michy's experience this year...

6 minutes ago, Miguelito said:

Could be helpful, or it be hurtful based on Michy's experience this year...

I think it was more good than bad, especially scoring the goal to win the league for us. Fans love him, and he seems happy here. Certainly a positive end to a rough year. 

Reminds me of Clichy with the defensive abilities of Sagna, which is solid but not a compliment. Not special. Good enough to start each game, certainly useful, but would never go chest to chest with the likes of Marcelo or even Bertrand, they're a level above.

1 hour ago, Leif said:

Reminds me of Clichy with the defensive abilities of Sagna, which is solid but not a compliment. Not special. Good enough to start each game, certainly useful, but would never go chest to chest with the likes of Marcelo or even Bertrand, they're a level above.

I want Mendy just as much as everyone on TC and Football-Twitter.. 

But if CFC miss out, I too would hope they go after Ryan Bertrand. He's grown leaps and bounds since his last season with us. Has the good crossing (mendy edges it), solid defender who no longer allows crosses, amazing work-rate, has the offensive qualities to producd in the final 3rd, at the perfect age of 27, home-grown, and CFC alumni. 

Idk why people hated so much on the notion of bringing him back (just check his thread). This transfer almost makes too much sense for CFC to complete.

kellzfresh and jernej93 like this