test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Jason

closed Chelsea 3-1 Swansea

Started by Jason,

Man of the Match   39 members have voted

1. 1. Who is your Man of the Match?

• Courtois
    • Moses
    • Azpilicueta
    • Luiz
    • Cahill
    • Alonso
    • Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

249 posts in this topic

good job, fantastic season..

david luiz cahill azpi are one of the best defence in europe..

great great work of antonio conte, as usual 

TheIceMan and Muzchap like this

How pleasing to see our CMs do such a superb job. One of the better performances since the Lampard-Makelele times.

Lampard was present for the match; I wonder if Makelele (and Ballack) were there too.

5 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

How pleasing to see our CMs do such a superb job. One of the better performances since the Lampard-Makelele times.

Lampard was present for the match; I wonder if Makelele (and Ballack) were there too.

Makélélé was there as Swansea's assistant coach.

quickpassnmove likes this

First game for few weeks but excellent game. Couldn't have been happier for the day. Crowd were good, MH upper were giving it some, All lads in my area I knew all shouting Where the fuck you been! (nice to be missed lol) And seeing Lamps get emotional wiped the burns away from my eyes from seeing him in that shitty blue shirt.

Mighta been a bit different if theyd got the Dave penalty tho eh!

Good performance except for the momentary lapse when the swans equalized.
I don't think Pedro's goal was that much of a howler. He was lucky the ball hit the ground in front of the keeper and bounced up, but  Fabianski could not control this from his position and after the bounce could n't get to the ball.

Thought that was the best we have played for a while. Dominated the game, created lots of chance. Hazard was much better, Cesc was man of the match. Kante was brilliant. Worried about Costa though, his touch seems so off at the minute, got his goal but thought he was poor against Swansea and Wolves.

kellzfresh, MefiX19 and manpe like this

Chelsea’s incredible stats after the Swansea game

After the Swansea game, Chelsea won their tenth consecutive Premier League home matches for the first time since 2014-15.

Chelsea also scored the opening goal in an EPL match for 20th time this season, a league high, and equal to their total last season.

As for Chelsea’s top scorer, Diego Costa, he has now scored in 42 goals in 78 Premier League games. That’s a scoring rate of 54%, which is a higher proportion than any other player to play 20+ games in the competition.

Finally, no manager has had more wins after their first 26 Premier League games than Antonio Conte, who now has 20 victories under his belt.

23 hours ago, George Forrester said:

Thought that was the best we have played for a while. Dominated the game, created lots of chance. Hazard was much better, Cesc was man of the match. Kante was brilliant. Worried about Costa though, his touch seems so off at the minute, got his goal but thought he was poor against Swansea and Wolves.

I'm personally not too worried about Costa. He can grind out a goal even when he's not on top form - only a few strikers can do that. Hazard on the other hand...you just want more consistency from him. Brilliant one game, quiet the next - obviously a massive step-up from last year, but still not quite the giddy heights of the previous campaign.