• Kante
    • Fabregas
    • Pedro
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Matic (sub)
    • Zouma (sub)
    • Willian (sub)

I believe we have 3 matches remaining against what I would consider good sides: City, United, and Everton. Cesc should start all but those 3. We look a completely different side going forward with him on the pitch as the playmaking general. With Kante behind him just destroying everything in his sights we can afford using Fabregas against every "small" side.

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Mana said:

Two goals in six games = consistency.

Please. Even Defoe has a better consistent record in his past 6 games. The Swansea goal scorer today is even better. :/

Ok so we are skewing the data then are we?

Costa is the best striker in the world, he scored 1 goal in 1 game. World class. 15 league goals and you are only counting a certain number of games. Close the door on your way out. 

It was quite a nervous game. We did not play spectacular but decent enough. Moses and alonso often arrive in really good position but could not deliver the perfect cross.

Defensively we looked fine (not great but fine) even with fabregas on, but i think we are too short.

I want more of 2nd half Hazard. I dont care if he cannot beat his defender, all i want from hazard is for him to be aggresive, put fear in the defender mind. 

1 hour ago, Mana said:

HAHAHAHA! "Best striker in the world".

1 goal in 1 game. Most strikers around the world has that stat.

Sanchez has more goals than Costa. Lukaku has the same number of goals as Costa. Zlatan is 1 behind Costa. And that's only in the Premier League. Sit down and stop lying.

Honestly not even worth speaking to. Plastics everywhere.

Struggling to bang goals in vs. the small sides, with the goals drying up further still, compounded with less & less clean sheets. A striker that's been about as useful as Demba Ba for all of 2017 so far. Nonsensical defensive calamity leading to conceding, highlighting yet against how consistently prone to brainfarts the side is after scoring - which, make no mistake about it, looks rare every game.

No crisis, perhaps just tired players & methods, but, to not question this, to not demand better, would be typical of a club like Everton or Liverpool, who should simply be counting their blessings. We aren't them; we shouldn't be overlooking and ignoring glaring holes in our game just because we're 'so lucky to have so-and-so'.

We all appreciate the win, but only losers are going to bed tonight not expecting more next time. And more the next time. And more the next time again. Winners take strides and set personal bests over and over again. That could never happen though, without someone, whether it's themselves or a coach or the fans, being critical of & thus working on the faults.

9 minutes ago, Leif said:

Struggling to bang goals in vs. the small sides, with the goals drying up further still. A striker that's been about as useful as Demba Ba for all of 2017 so far. Nonsensical defensive calamity leading to conceding, highlighting yet against how consistently prone to brainfarts the side is after scoring - which, make no mistake about it, looks rare every game.

To not question that, to not demand better, would be typical of a club like Everton or Liverpool who should simply be counting their blessings. We aren't them; we shouldn't be overlooking and ignoring glaring holes in our game just because we're 'so lucky to have so-and-so'.

Reading this, one would think we would be in relegation zone or battling to get top 4 ....

Every side is struggling to bang goals against small sides. Its the difficult part of the game, to play against a team that is sitting back with 10 players. we still had our chances and did quite well. You can always play better but how about  being satisfied for just a  moment? we went through hell last season ffs and now people are complaining when we are sitting comfortable at 1st place. Of course this team isnt perfect and it needs new players, but with what we have at the moment, we are doing phenomenal. Pool lost to this side 2-3 at home and City only almost won this game 2-1. in the Premier League there is no easy game and you rarely see Teams winning by a large margin.

12 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

I wish this club could handle the testimonials in a more appropriate manner. Bring Lamps to the field during half-time like he's some sort of B-list celebrity? C'mon!

From the Mirror like most of the press anti Chelsea.

A touch of class from Chelsea as they did a special wrap round edition of their match day programme.

They paid tribute to Frank Lampard, one of the club’s all time greats, if not the greatest player in the club’s history.

Lampard, who announced his retirement earlier this month, scored 211 goals in 648 games and won 13 trophies during a glorious career at Stamford Bridge.

The Chelsea fans sang his name throughout the game and at half time when he did a lap of honour before making a brilliant speech to thank the fans. Pure class all round

7 hours ago, Mana said:

HAHAHAHA! "Best striker in the world".

1 goal in 1 game. Most strikers around the world has that stat.

Sanchez has more goals than Costa. Lukaku has the same number of goals as Costa. Zlatan is 1 behind Costa. And that's only in the Premier League. Sit down and stop lying.

If you think goals are the only thing that matters for a striker, you're clueless. 35 year old Zlatan and Lukaku are not close to Diego's level. I wouldn't even want prime Zlatan over him, big time choker.

Cannot understand all the negative posts after a 3-1 victory that we controlled from start to finish. We could have been a little more clinical but Cesc just missed goals 2-3-4 by an eye lash. Could have been 7-1 as easy as 3-1. 

The Swansea goal was one of the few breakdowns all game. They happened to capitalized.

The constant moaning from people who cannot see the little things that Hazard brings week in and week out. Some want him to be Messi. He is not a pure scorer and I would argue a more complete player, plus he does not get to play against La Liga talent every night :P

Do not take Eden for granted. Same for Costa. He is as good of a finisher as any striker in the world. Sure, he is poor on the ball, flops occasionally, but his work rate is solid and is a deadly finisher. People have already forgotten the post Champions League title years and post Drogba when we had the likes of Eto, Torres and Ba. Maybe some would like Remy and Falcao back. ^_^

Torres could dribble and miss a wide open goal two feet away. We would do anything for a top striker. We have one. Enjoy!

As for the match, Kante and Cesc were everywhere today. Wish Fabregas had found the net a few more times. So close.

Another 3 points on the march the title. Drink and be merry Chelsea friends! :drunk:

Come on you Chelsea!!

5 minutes ago, quickpassnmove said:

How pleasing to see our CMs do such a superb job. One of the better performances since the Lampard-Makelele times.

Lampard was present for the match; I wonder if Makelele (and Ballack) were there too.

Makélélé was there as Swansea's assistant coach.

First game for few weeks but excellent game. Couldn't have been happier for the day. Crowd were good, MH upper were giving it some, All lads in my area I knew all shouting Where the fuck you been! (nice to be missed lol) And seeing Lamps get emotional wiped the burns away from my eyes from seeing him in that shitty blue shirt.

Mighta been a bit different if theyd got the Dave penalty tho eh!