test

Welcome to Talk Chelsea

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Captain Ahmed

Kylian Mbappe

Started by Captain Ahmed,

137 posts in this topic
1 minute ago, Leif said:

Atletico to keep Griezmann. United to get Mbappe. Us to get tears.

He barely trusts Rashford and Martial as it is and won't even put Luke Shaw on the bench most of the time. Think he'll really pay £85m for a teenager? Not so sure.

I mean, it would sort of make sense if they keep Ibra for another year to mentor him but using kids isn't really José's way.

8 minutes ago, Leif said:

Atletico to keep Griezmann. United to get Mbappe. Us to get tears.

Hahahaha. Mourinho never plays Martial as striker, or even Rashford. They get wasted on the left wing like Cavani when Zlatan was at PSG. 

Jose no longer has a philosophy which is why I think it'd happen. At United, he can relish in the power of signing pretty much whoever he wants, because United have always cared more about big names than the likes of Chelsea, Inter & Porto. Pogba wouldn't have been bought back if he'd been putting in the same exact performances, but didn't dab, didn't have the marketing Adidas(?) have put behind him, & all the social media wankfests run by 15 year olds. 

If a player is hyped to high heavens, United are interested.

I can't remember who it was, but it was confirmed not long ago that they'd bid just around this exact figure for a player a season or 2 ago. They're anxious about not being top dogs; they'll make ill-moves; but they could pay off, who knows. Martial & Rashford have been in the development stage before/during Jose; who's to say he doesn't see this more finished article and think, alright, here's a young guy I actually would give starts to right off the bat, and play him properly. If he sees what we do he will.

Unionjack likes this

If Hazard go to Real Madrid,we need go for this boy,he is perfects for Chelsea!

Had a few players on trial here in recent years, that we haven't signed up.

Offer them Diego plus 50m and they will maybe consider it or act like a pro and offer +80m and chase him like a hyena. Chelsea wont find better one. 

kellzfresh and !Hazard! like this

That Monaco team will be raided this summer. All they will have left at the beginning of September is a truck load of money and Falcao.

That being said, I would absolutely love this kid to join us! He really does remind me of Henry the way he moves, the way he scores those goals.

Johnnyeye, quickpassnmove and El P. like this

I think he should stay in Monaco for at least another year, but he sure shows unbelievable performances on highest level already. 

We have seen plenty of overhyped players, but I have a feeling Mbappe could be like Kluivert who also started as teenager and become world star.

If we sell Costa, IMO we should target this kid over anyone else.

Strike, Johnnyeye, Clockwork and 1 other like this

He is a talent without a doubt, but I'm really not sure if he would thrive as a lone CF for us.

Stats likes this

4 hours ago, LAM09 said:

He is a talent without a doubt, but I'm really not sure if he would thrive as a lone CF for us.

I wouldn't worry about that, the way football is played today it actually benefits him. This would be a legit concern if your wide FW/AM played like wingers and stayed out wide.

I wouldn't worry about that, the way football is played today it actually benefits him. This would be a legit concern if your wide FW/AM played like wingers and stayed out wide.

That's something we haven't had for a good while

16 hours ago, !Hazard! said:

That Monaco team will be raided this summer. All they will have left at the beginning of September is a truck load of money and Falcao.

That being said, I would absolutely love this kid to join us! He really does remind me of Henry the way he moves, the way he scores those goals.

The way Falcao has been playing, I'd take him too.

This guy turned 18 just 5 months ago. You seriously want a kid to lead the line of league and CL chasers? In a 2 striker system maybe, but as a lone striker I'd be mighty skeptical. I hope he stays in Monaco and doesn't join any big club yet, Monaco is giving him the perfect platform to develop and establish himself, elsewhere the change and pressure might kill the young boy. Playing as the main striker for Chelsea in England is a whole different thing. I'd rather we replaced Costa with a proven and experienced striker and have our own Tammy as backup.

He's on a fantastic run atm but we shouldn't take it as the norm. It's difficult to keep up. What's with so many people wanting him now anyway? He's not old or experienced enough to be our number 1 striker. As I suggested some time ago I wouldn't mind him in the Pedro role though (i.e. second striker), but he's going to cost a lot. 

One full season of professional football... playing every week... linked to teams for 110 Million euros. What suckers. I think if he came here he'd be like Batshuayi, stuck on the bench. He should stay in Monaco and develop play another 1 or 2 full seasons at the level he is right now. Then maybe he should look at moving. For all we know he might struggle to maintain the performances hes getting right now.