Kylian Mbappe

Captain Ahmed

1 hour ago, Blusan Alamb said:

At the moment, Mbappé-PSG deal is stopped by Uefa Financial Fair Play. Agreement was reached btw clubs for €155M. PSG will insist #transfers -Fabrizio Romano

They can sell us Rabiot for 20M if that helps

If we're going end up with Barkley/Drankwater, Baba Rahman, etc., we might as well just sign another expensive striker this week. 

I cannot see this window ending well for CFC at this point. Far too late and whoever sells is going to pay a bigger price than ever before in their league's standings.

If we're going end up with Barkley/Drankwater, Baba Rahman, etc., we might as well just sign another expensive striker this week. 
I cannot see this window ending well for CFC at this point. Far too late and whoever sells is going to pay a bigger price than ever before in their league's standings.
Can only hope Belotti or Aubameyang might make the move.

49 minutes ago, xPetrCechx said:

If PSG get away with this loan-to-buy deal for Mbappe, UEFA might as well scrap FFP altogether.

Anyone who can write such drivel clearly has no idea how FFP works. When you don't know anything sit down and shut up. Instead, this idiot is advertising his ignorance on Twitter.

P.S. I see that his account is described as "verified". Presumably this means he's well known though personally I've never heard of him. That doesn't mean he's not entitled to an opinion, but nor does it mean he should get a free pass when he's talking rubbish. 

39 minutes ago, OhForAGreavsie said:

Anyone who can write such drivel clearly has no idea how FFP works. When you don't know anything sit down and shut up. Instead, this idiot is advertising his ignorance on Twitter.

P.S. I see that his account is described as "verified". Presumably this means he's well known though personally I've never heard of him. That doesn't mean he's not entitled to an opinion, but nor does it mean he should get a free pass when he's talking rubbish. 

Can u explain?

15 hours ago, xPetrCechx said:

Can u explain?

I now know that Ben Ramsey is a telegraph reporter. This means he must know that FFP is not applied on a deal-by-deal basis, yet his tweet implies that an individual deal can be examined, and should be rejected. FFP does not give uefa the power to examine an individual deal so neither of those things can, or will, happen.

Let's give Ramsey that he didn't mean it like that; that he was just using an expression and that what he meant to say is something like, 'Come on uefa, you know PSG is just messing with you and your rules now. Show some guts.' PSG are messing with the regulations. The problem is that loans, or temporary transfers as they are officially known, are perfectly legal and, as long as the costs of that loan don't take PSG over their allowable FFP expenditure, then uefa can have nothing to say about it.

FFP is assessed on clubs' annual accounts, not on an individual deal. Even then, the figures for any particular year are allowed to fail the test as long as the club's results over a rolling three year period balance out. What does balance out mean? uefa allows clubs to make a €5m FFP loss over those three years, but that can go up to €35m if the extra €30m is a no strings cash injection from the owner. Obviously PSG's owners will put that money in.

How can a club hope to stay within a €35m loss if they spend €222m on a single player? Remember that, regardless of whether a transfer fee is paid in full at the time of the deal, clubs are entitled to amortise, or spread, the cost of that payment over the length of his contract when reporting it in their FFP numbers. Instead of €222m appearing in PSG's accounts for 2017/2018 in respect of the Neymar deal, a portion of it will be reported in each of the next five annual results. That's €44.4m per year.

Even with just a slice of the Neymar deal to pay for, PSG clearly can't afford to add another €36m to their costs, and still stay within FFP. (€36m would be the annual FFP cost of Mbappe's transfer fee over a five year contract.) Setting up a loan deal therefore is a clever, and entirely legal, way to get around that. It means that, although whatever loan fee has been agreed with Monaco will appear in this year's books, the transfer fee won't come in until the 2018/2019 figures. That, in effect, gives PSG two years to sort out their figures. They might: -

Edit: I typed bullet points here giving examples of what PSG might do to improve their FFP situation but a glitch in the system has chewed them up. No time to retype them now but I may re-do it later.

PSG would not have entered into these transfers unless they felt they would find a way to squeeze them through FFP. Ramsey must know this. He can read the FFP rules just like I did and he probably has. He should therefore pass on accurate information about what it is and how it works. He could even use the position he's no doubt worked hard to reach, to call for a different set of FFP rules if that's what he wants to do. The one thing he should not do is perpetuate any lingering myths about FFP by tweeting silly comments like the one I commented on above.

I now know that Ben Ramsey is a telegraph reporter. This means that he must know that FFP is not applied on a deal-by-deal basis, yet his tweet implies that an individual deal can be examined, and should be rejected.
Let's give Ramsey that he didn't mean it like that; that he was just using an expression and that what he meant to say is something like, 'Come on uefa, you know PSG is just messing with you and your rules now. Show some guts.' Problem is that loans, or temporary transfers as they are officially known are perfectly legal and, as long as the costs of that loan don't take PSG over their allowable FFP expenditure, then uefa can have nothing to say about it.
FFP is assessed on clubs' annual accounts, not on an individual deal. Even then, the figures for any particular year are allowed to fail the test as long as the club's results over a rolling three year period balance out. What does balance out mean? uefa allows clubs to make a €5m FFP loss over those three years, but that can go up to €35m if the extra €30m is a no strings cash injection from the owner. Obviously PSG's owners will put that money in.
How can a club hope to stay within a €35m loss if they spend €222m on a single player? Remember that, regardless of whether a transfer fee is paid in full at the time of the deal, clubs are entitled to amortise, or spread, the cost of that payment over the length of his contract. Instead of €222m appearing in PSG's accounts for 2017/2018 in respect of the Neymar deal, a portion of it will be reported in each of the next five annual results. That's €44.4m per year.
Even with just a slice of the Neymar deal to pay for, PSG clearly can't afford to add another €36m to their costs, and still stay within FFP. (€36m would be the annual FFP cost of Mbappe's transfer fee over a five year contract.) Setting up a loan deal therefore is a clever, and entirely legal, way to get around that. It means that, although whatever loan fee has been agreed with Monaco will appear in this year's books, the transfer fee won't come in until the 2018/2019 figures. That, in effect, gives PSG two years to sort out their figures. They might: -
PSG would not have entered into these transfers unless they felt they would find a way to squeeze them through FFP. Ramsey must know this. He can read the FFP rules just like I did and he probably has. He should therefore pass on accurate information about what it is and how it works. He could even use the position he's no doubt worked hard to reach, to call for a different set of FFP rules if that's what he wants to do. The one thing he should not do is perpetuate any lingering myths about FFP by tweeting silly comments like the one I commented on above.
Thanks [emoji106]

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

• 0 members are here!

• No registered users viewing this page.

talk chelse forums

We get it, advertisements are annoying!
Talk Chelsea relies on revenue to pay for hosting and upgrades. While we try to keep adverts as unobtrusive as possible, we need to run ad's to make sure we can stay online because over the years costs have become very high.

Could you please allow adverts on this website and help us by switching your ad blocker off.

KTBFFH
Thank You