• Matic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

I think the lads are going to be primed for this one. Liverpool jumped us right from the opening kick at Stamford Bridge and we were on our heels for the rest of the game. I expect a performance from us like at Manchester City, very patient and focused with precision. I would expect the same recipe from Liverpool. Survive the first 20-25 minutes and then we should slowly start to take over. Mane? Start him for all of me. He cannot be in top form, mentally or physically. He will have just flown about 5,000 miles, changed seasons from Summer back to Winter instantly, and should be physically exhausted for the short-term.

We are catching them at the perfect time. Get up early and crush them!

Just a little over 48 hours away. These next two matches have been on our radar for about 4-5 weeks. They can be huge if we take all 6 points. It starts Tuesday evening at Anfield.

Come on you Chelsea!!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

18 hours ago, Pizy said:

Hope so. Going to Anfield with every advantage for us we can get is what I want. He's the exact sort of player our defenders struggle against so he'd be an absolutely massive miss for Liverpool.

He will be physicalllyknackered and laughably off the pace if he starts, also i can't imagine he will be in a good frame of mind after the pen miss.

We have to play a hybrid 3-5-2 against liverpool. Against hull and Brentford, we were dominated by pressing for a good 20mins of the second half. We don't have the players who can cope under pressure in midfield, so we need more numbers there in midfield when we are pressed and we need to cover that space behind Hazard where teams attack us from. If we don't do this we will be pinned back against liverpool just like Hull and Brentford did against us in the second half. And Liverpool can do it for a lot longer than 20mins. 

Hopefully hazard is on dribbling form to give us a chance and I'll play Willian instead of Pedro because he can carry the ball from deep into the attack with his dribbling during counterattacks and we need that ball holding ability. 

3 minutes ago, petre.ispirescu said:

Reading the match day thread at RAWK you'd think they're playing Alfreton Town next and not the league leaders. One deluded scouser thinks it would be no surprise if they are 3-0 up at the 40th minute mark. :blink:

Just saw this - calling us plastics haha

I agree with Conte about their recent form. Liverpool is going to come ready to play and extremely motivated, wounded animals are the most dangerous. Matic/Kante to start then have Fabregas on in the 2nd half when their legs tire. My position on away games against the top 6 is always the same, any points won is a success. Would be happy with a Draw, would be thrilled with a Win.