• Matic
    • Kante
    • Willian
    • Hazard
    • Costa
    • Pedro (sub)
    • Fabregas (sub)
    • Batshuayi (sub)

All in all it was a good day and even if we lost it probably wouldn't matter because the other teams are just so poor... I am very happy for the result but this hoofing of the ball up field is really frustrating, even if you consider we played against Liverpool which is very good on the press. We just have to get a ball playing midfielder in the summer, Kante and Matic can hold off the opposition and are enough against mediocre teams, but it will not be enough if we want to compete with the best. Fabregas is class and has his qualities of course but I think he looks so great because in the minutes he gets, he has much more space and freedom than he would of had if he was starting these games. He is not fitted for that spot and I think we saw it in his first two years. In my opinion, getting a player who can dictate the tempo and run our game is even more important than finding replacements for our wing backs (Veratti is a dream).

Anyway, good result and we march on! KTBFFH!

• Replies 400
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

8 minutes ago, kmk108 said:

But we arguably have less weaknesses than the other teams considering we're in first.

Every team in the world has weaknesses. We're strong enough to win the title this season. We just need some players to come in over the summer since we'll have more matches. 

Maybe we do have fewer weaknesses than other sides but their problems don't frustrate me so I can live with them. :) I think it is unarguable however that we need quality upgrades.

For example, I may be alone but I'm utterly fed up with Matic. Swap him for Tottenham's Dembele and we are instantly a significantly better team. Dembele is not a world beater; he just possesses the kind of technical quality required for the level to which we aspire.

1 minute ago, BoyBlue96 said:

Highlight of the evening going to be....

Enjoy...rage vids coming up. 

Hahahahaha. Little did they know.. poor souls. Thanks for the post! It just lifted my mood from our own game's frustrations. I'm so looking forward to Troopz', DT's Claude's reactions, etc.

19 minutes ago, AlesJuve said:

If you win against Arsenal the championship is over so why do you complain?

What actually worrying is, is conte actually have solution against team which able to pressing constantly ?

There is nothing new and match after match conte keeps playing player like cahill, matic who can only shit himself when get excellent pressing by opponent

Even disapointing defeat against spurs and till today against liverpool nothing changes :(

Our midfield keep losing, our sucessfull chances create is worrying,  too much hoofing the ball, no solution when get press and our rcb and wb still constantly being targeted

Nothing changes :(

5 minutes ago, dimmas said:

The problem is, is conte actually have solution against team which able to pressing constantly.

There is nothing new and match after match conte keeps playing player like cahill, matic who can only shit himself when get excellent pressing by opponent

Even disapointing defeat spurs and till today against liverpool nothing changes :(

Buy Vidal and Conte will play with Vidal,Kante,Fabregas ;) but for now he is getting the most out of these players.You should be proud of this team.

as usually most of you are overreacting. 
Relax. Good result and a big big step to the title 
About the penalty, shit happens

It was a bless that Arsenal and Spurs lost points. 

If someone of you are frustrated, imagine arsenal, liverpool and spurs fans : ) Today they lost a huge chance and you are frustrated?

59 minutes ago, Henrique said:

Considering there are few hours left in the transfer window, I think you are looking for the wrong answers here. The reason I'm more than happy with the current situation is that despite the lack of better players in key areas we are still in a very good place. Months ago Liverpool decided the game after 25 minutes of the 1st half at SB. Now we played at Anfield and only a missed penalty prevent a victory. Situation is soo good, that even if we lose the game against Arsenal, we will be at least point in front of the 2nd placed and team and with only both Manchester teams left to play from the top 6 teams.

Players like Moses are not Champions League late stages material, but he is decent enough to be part of a PL winning side.

1 hour ago, Henrique said:

Considering there are few hours left in the transfer window, I think you are looking for the wrong answers here. The reason I'm more than happy with the current situation is that despite the lack of better players in key areas we are still in a very good place. Months ago Liverpool decided the game after 25 minutes of the 1st half at SB. Now we played at Anfield and only a missed penalty prevent a victory. Situation is soo good, that even if we lose the game against Arsenal, we will be at least point in front of the 2nd placed and team and with only both Manchester teams left to play from the top 6 teams.

Players like Moses are not Champions League late stages material, but he is decent enough to be part of a PL winning side.

Latest information on transfers http://adf.ly/1j4GUN

18 minutes ago, cosmicway said:

Liverpool created only two chances. Coutinho early in the second half and the goal. We had 5-6 near misses.

shite match but we were due a draw !!!!lets destroy and rip arsenal a new 1 on saturday and go crazy:drunk:

Edited by mccg
extra words

2 hours ago, kmk108 said:

That's a big problem. Both lack height to regularly win headers. If the RCB were taller, I don't know if opponents would be whipping crosses that direction as much. 

It's definitely an area that needs to be fixed. Azpi is indispensable in this team and unless we look to move to RWB, we definitely need to search for a Moses replacement.

7 minutes ago, Jason said:

It's definitely an area that needs to be fixed. Azpi is indispensable in this team and unless we look to move to RWB, we definitely need to search for a Moses replacement.

Judging by individual performances, let's find a new RWB. 

Right now it hurts to lose 2 points but tomorrow it will be a massive 1 point. We have yet another tough, tough game behind us and we actually increased our lead at the top and that is fantastic. Hats off, boys, you fought hard.

By the way, Klopp and Liverpool players looked like they were on drugs :D